Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Jackel 110R vs. California?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2005, 04:11 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jackel 110R vs. California?

I am thinking about buying a couple of these Jackel 110r's. Does anyone know if they are California "Green sticker" material? Any info on these quads would be appreciated too. I don't know much about them, other than the posts I have seen on this site and the web page. I would like to know how they hold up from anyone who has had one for a while. Any help is greatly appreciated.....

Old 09-20-2005, 06:39 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello, I seriously doubt it! Check on www.ca.dmv.gov regarding the limitations. I think if there is a VIN number present you can tell if its Red/green stickerable. I do believe that the mfg. would have to apply for the permits. But you never know!

Old 09-20-2005, 08:42 PM
Weekend Warrior

Okay. I haven't bought them yet. As a matter of fact, I can't find a dealer around so cal either. I'm still trying to get as much info as I can on these before I take the plunge....

Old 09-21-2005, 08:58 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 49 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally posted by: fugitaboutit
Okay. I haven't bought them yet. As a matter of fact, I can't find a dealer around so cal either. I'm still trying to get as much info as I can on these before I take the plunge....
As far as I know the only green sticker models are from Yamoto. Redcats are red sticker and the other day I saw a jetmoto on ebay that claimed to be green sticker too.

Old 09-22-2005, 01:50 AM
Trailblazer

The Kymco Mongoose 90 I just bought is green sticker. Their other models may be as well.

Old 09-22-2005, 12:38 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the info....I was finally able to get time to call Jackel yesterday afternoon. The guy I talked with stated that he didn't think that they were green sticker material. He said that he was not sure but he is going to check one of their VIN numbers for me to find out for sure. They are very helpful, and on the surface, sound like they have their stuff together. They told me that the motors they are using are the same motors used in the old Honda three wheelers. They also told me that they have replaced many of the parts with better quality Japanese parts. I will update when I hear back from them on the VIN. It might be a while...it appears that their main office/warehouse is in Houston, TX and they are going to have to evacuate with Hurricane Rita coming......

Old 09-22-2005, 08:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

I did some checking and Jetmoto did get green sticker approval....

Old 09-23-2005, 12:25 AM
Range Rover

Why are you concerned about the green sticker? I live here in Escondido and assume you will be riding in the desert. Basic, the red sticker means you can only ride at state parks in the winter. Most state parks that you can ride at are in the desert anyway. Nobody rides there in the summer. We have been riding for years and have had the rangers talk to us many times and they have never look at our sticker color.

Old 09-23-2005, 03:13 AM
Weekend Warrior

I know. We have not had that kind of luck. My youngest son has an 04 kfx 50, and the rangers have made us put it up twice.

Old 09-23-2005, 12:14 PM
Range Rover

I don,t understand, where are you riding at and what time of year? My boys have predator 90,s 2-strokes and we ride at ocotillo. As long as you have a sticker on you should be ok.

Quick Reply: Jackel 110R vs. California?