Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Safety ideas that apply to all...

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2005, 12:55 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Safety ideas that apply to all...

I'd be posting the area if it were my land. Let law enforcement do the dirty work when you see trespassers. Try to get good descriptions as its when they come out of the woods they will be confronted.

I don't recommend confronting hunters - given that 6 people were murdered and two others wounded in WI when they got on a guys case on private property and it escalated to they being killed over it. Who did or said what to whom doesn’t matter at the funeral. Hunting confrontations are not new – but they are getting more frequently deadly.

Old 10-06-2005, 01:14 PM
Pro Rider

Honestly , I don't mind if they tresspass . It is all a bunch of locals down there anyway . I am just not wanting to upset anyone by being somewhere they may think I ought not be .

I'm not sure what I am going to do , just wanting some input from you guys .

Rick

Old 10-06-2005, 07:24 PM
Pro Rider

Screw them. It's your land to camp on, not theirs. If they think you're not supposed to be there I'm sure they'll have a different opinion when they find out taht you own the land.

Old 10-06-2005, 09:01 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally posted by: RickRitter
Honestly , I don't mind if they tresspass . It is all a bunch of locals down there anyway . I am just not wanting to upset anyone by being somewhere they may think I ought not be .

I'm not sure what I am going to do , just wanting some input from you guys .

Rick
I would go and make it very obvious that I was there. It's your property, you should be able to use it when ever you want.

Old 10-06-2005, 09:47 PM
Pro Rider

I say go, just practice yelling "I'm not a deer" for those early morning potty needs.

Old 10-06-2005, 11:07 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: MUDDY4LIFE
Sorry,
but I see this from BOTH sides..

As a hunter myself,I have MILLIONS of acre's of forest to hunt on here in Michigan..If one has to hunt so damn CLOSE to a ORV trail,than thats the RISK they take that they might be suspect to those on ATVs that could spook the deer in this area.

REAL hunters go INTO the deeper woods and away from ORV trails IMO.You can just as easily spook a deer operating your pick-up truck on the same trailway that they dont want ATVs on,whats the differance?If your flying around the woods on your ATV,than it ought to be IMPOUNDED,no matter what time of the year it is.

Handicapped?If your handicapped and use your ATV,its OK in Michigan to hunt with it anytime.

On the other hand,ATVs cruising thru the woods is not allways a bad idea either because they keep the deer herd MOVING.

This can be a DAMN if you do,and a DAMN if you dont situation.

I agree 100% I'm a hunter too and I would never go hunt near an atv trail. That's just lazy too. Not that we actually have very many atv trails around here, but that would be like kids playing in the street and complaining about traffic.

We were riding a trail a few weeks ago and someone had put up a sign (Homemade, didn't look very official.) saying that the trail will be closed for hunting season. A fish and game guy showed up and we asked him about it. Apparentely, whoever posted that did not have the authority to do so. He immediately went to investigate and remove the signs. We have such few places to ride that it would be ridiculous to close trails for hunting season when there's literally millions of places to hunt that are not in the vicinity of an atv trail.

Good idea to wear orange though as you can never be too careful.

Hey Rick, it's your land. If you want to wear that santa costume while dancing around a campfire cranking Bette Midler and pumping your crank like a 12 gauge shotgun you can. If anybody has a problem, tell them you're the landowner and if they ever want to hunt there again quit bitchen.