Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Trying to decide on mini for my son

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2005, 12:50 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Trying to decide on mini for my son

Missed having you around, Whodat. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 10-14-2005, 03:31 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by: WhoDatInDaMud
Originally posted by: bulldogfallon

My 3 year old races a KFX50 that is modded out and it does pretty well as he is able to beat older kids on bigger bikes
A 3 year old?

This would be an example of that wide brush of parenting skills that legislators and medical professionals just LOVE to use as examples when restricting the rights of all people when some are not smart enough not to put babys on motorized machines.

We all read about these things in the news from time to time. In some States - laws have have been passed to provide a safety net for children whos parents are to stupid to recognize the risk they are putting their children in. Most prohibit under age 6 from being allowed access to a motorized (non-electric) machine.

Flame on friends - this is not a new topic for me... I read the accident and fatality reports that make your flame-posts a walk in the park on a warm sunny afternoon in comparison.

Unfortunetly the emergency room waiting area is too late for the light bulb to come on.
I do have a response for you but I don't think it would be approriate for this forum.... next time you want to call me stupid it can be to my face!!! Perhaps I should contact the organization that you work for to let them see how you speak in public forums? It is unprofessional and unwarranted......What gives you the right to make your ignorant statements?

You have no right to judge anyones parenting skills......You have no idea of anyones riding skills unless you see them first hand...I guarantee that my son rides with more ability and safety than most 6 years olds....I think his first place trophies may speak for themselves?? I love my son more than anyhting in this world and his safety is my number one priority...DO NOT INSULT ME WITH YOU UNFOUNDED GESTURES OF IGNORANCE

You should really not open your mouth with out knowing what has been done to ensure my son's safety.

The fact that he has been trained from day one to use all aspects of the vehicle including brakes, not just the throttle. He was also trained to distribute body weight and use body position to ride better/safer. I would say he is the exception to the majority of kids his age and this is something you should entertain before saying that I am "Stupid"

In many cases you may be on the money about a parent throwing their kid on an ATV when the child shouldn't be, but YOU ARE WRONG THIS TIME BUDDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He wears full protection and is supervised anytime he goes near a bike. He has proven to be a responsible rider and everyone that sees him ride is quite amazed at his skills AND awareness of his surroundings.

Seeing that you are an instructor I bet you see adults who shouldn't ride a motorcycle.....but I guess that is ok since they are old enough?

I have been riding bikes for 20+ years (street, atv and Dirtbike) and know a little about safety on all of them...Yes I even have my safety class certificate....

Nothing in this world bothers me more than someone like you that casts stones from a far without knowing all the facts...Judging someone you don't know....

Old 10-14-2005, 04:08 PM
Pro Rider

WhoDatInDaMud is right, 3 is way to young. I do not need people like you making the government put more rules "in my life" to protect your kid. Now quit ruining it for the rest of us!

Old 10-14-2005, 04:25 PM
Range Rover

First off....The government has no right to tell any of us what to do...Warning labels are helpful for the uniformed consumer and as a basic guideline for most applications...

It should also be based on the rider's ability...not age....so your saying a 6 year old that rides with less ability should be allowed to ride?

I don't understand how age is the determing factor in "all" cases....some kids are more mature, bigger, stronger and smarter at different ages??

Why not follow the recomendations as a guideline and then make exceptions when the skill level warrants it?

Do you think that most of the Pro riders started at 6+ years old?

Why does the AMA promote the use of ATVs and dirtbikes at the age of 4 years old?

I appreciate your concern....

Old 10-14-2005, 04:39 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!

First off....The government has no right to tell any of us what to do.

lol! You might want to rephrase that one. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-14-2005, 04:45 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: Raptorlegs

lol! You might want to rephrase that one. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
No right is regards to what we can do to ourselves--Here some examples(that I may not agree with, but it hsould be the individuls choice)

Riding a street bike without a helmet? (I don't do)
Wearing a seat belt? (I always do)

As you can see, I do these things, but why should I penalized for not doing so?? not doing either one is not the best idea, but who am I to judge you for not doing so?

That was more to what my point was.....Government guidelines and recomendations are definately needed, but I don't like being forced to do things that only effect me

Old 10-14-2005, 04:47 PM
Weekend Warrior

Shame on the guys who are calling this guy STUPID for allowing his 3 yr old to ride..You have NO IDEA what circumstances he allows his youth to ride in,you dont know anything about this kids motor skills,or about the time his father spent training him,,you therefore have NO RIGHT what so ever to call him STUPID..

I also started my son out riding ATVs at a really early age,and when he was 4 yrs old,he could ride his LT 50 as good as most 9yr olds can ride their 90cc ATVs.When he was 5 yrs old,I took him everywhere you could take a 50cc,and we NEVER come close to a mishap..

Today,he is 25 yrs old,and I have photo's of our time together that I will never forget..

Nobody has the RIGHT to take away these precious moments from someone as safe and responsable as we were,this includes the idiots that make these STUPID remarks .

Old 10-14-2005, 04:54 PM
LTZ
Extreme Pro Rider

Lets not hijack this thread and turn it into a pissing match guys.

Old 10-14-2005, 05:08 PM
Weekend Warrior

Wow! You guys really know how to close out a week!

Guess they don't call you bulldog for nothin! I happen to agree with you 100%. We each have certain basic human rights. Rights to make choices regarding ourselves and our kids. That's why its good to live in the USA. Only when our choices adversely affect people around us should the government step in. This is not one of those cases.

DRUE,

If you are going to race seriously or are considering it look at the DRX50. If you have a bit more money at your disposal get the new Cobra 50 or HSI50. These machines are race oriented. The LEM, although good in the past, is slowly becoming obsolete.

Old 10-14-2005, 05:19 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!

Originally posted by: Raptorlegs

No right is regards to what we can do to ourselves--Here some examples(that I may not agree with, but it hsould be the individuls choice)

Riding a street bike without a helmet? (I don't do)
Wearing a seat belt? (I always do)

As you can see, I do these things, but why should I penalized for not doing so?? not doing either one is not the best idea, but who am I to judge you for not doing so?

That was more to what my point was.....Government guidelines and recomendations are definately needed, but I don't like being forced to do things that only effect me
Just for the record, I'm not calling anybody stupid. This time anyway. The dude that stuck an 18 month old on a mini...that really was STUPID.

I think my issue and a lot of others is the simple fact we keep having rights taken away. So when we see something questionable, we're afraid of the ramifications it could have on the sport. I doubt we'll see you guys on Dateline or in the paper but I can't figure out exactly who these "stupid" people are that are ruining it for everybody else. If we could narrow down a pattern to these people, I think just about everyone on the board would work to change their behavior.

Heck, I got ran off a lease this last weekend. Been riding out there 20 years. In 2005, the owner finally got tired of everybody's crap. I wasn't the one that got busted for letting my kid ride his pumpjack. Wasn't the one that stole his equipment. Wasn't the one that trashed up the place. But I am the one paying for somebody elses actions.

And that's where I'm coming from. I can't have the attitude where I don't care what other people do as long as they leave me out of it. Because that 3rd party is forcing me to get involved. Infants and toddlers on atv's is just one more log for the cpsc's fire. While your child may have been ready, I'd venture to say most 3 year olds are not. Somebody might look at what you're doing as justification for throwing their 3 year old on a quad. Right or wrong, that's the way it is.

Quick Reply: Trying to decide on mini for my son