Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Kazuma 50 chain and carb

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2005 | 10:05 PM
|
Trailblazer
Default Kazuma 50 chain and carb

Is there an adjustment for the chain tension? Or do I need to remove a link?

Also, the quad seems to be running rich now. Acts like it's flooding itself out. Any suggestions? Can't get to the carb or airbox very easily so I would like all possible input on the carb before tearing it apart.

Thanks.

Old 10-10-2005 | 10:09 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Originally posted by: BigReub
Is there an adjustment for the chain tension? Or do I need to remove a link?

Also, the quad seems to be running rich now. Acts like it's flooding itself out. Any suggestions? Can't get to the carb or airbox very easily so I would like all possible input on the carb before tearing it apart.

Thanks.
Im not familar with the Kazunma 50. But as for the running problems, have you changed out the stock spark plug yet? There should be a air screw on the side oof the carb just above the fuel bowl. Try turning it out a 1/4 to a 1/2 turn and see if it idles/runs better. I would replace the stock chinese spark plug first though. And not with another chinese one.

Old 10-11-2005 | 12:46 AM
Weekend Warrior

Big Reub -

The chain tensioner adjustment on the Kazuma 50 is the two 10mm adjuster screws spaced approximately 3 inches apart on the rear axle. Forward of these adjuster screws, there are two plates, one on each side. You have to loosen the bolt on each plate, adjust the tension screws, then tighten the axle plate bolts again. This is hard to explain in words - if you email me I have pictures, but I thought that there were pictures in the owners manual.

1. Make sure the brass manual choke on the drivers side of the carb is in the down position. 2. Check the exhaust manifold for a crack in the base of the manifold. (The metal "S" tube supporting the carb) If this is cracked it will not run no matter what you do. The carbuerator adjustments are all on the passenger side of the machine. The brass screw above the bowl in the lower left corner is the air mixture screw, and the screw on the upper right of the carb is the fuel adjustment screw. Start with both "bottomed out", then back each one off 2 turns. The unit should start, and this will give you a starting point to adjust the unit until it is running smoothly and with no hesitation in the trottle. The fuel screw is kind of hard to reach - you need a skinny standard driver to get between the fender and the bottom of the gas tank. Different elevations require different settings.

Changing the spark plug is up to you, but I have sold these 50's for quite some time and have never had any problems with the factory plugs. Try the adjustments first. Does you no good to change the plug if you cant get it running in the first place due to the carb being out of adjustment.

Old 10-11-2005 | 01:11 AM
Weekend Warrior

Just a little side note - If you are not familiar with adjusting carbs, you probably should not engage in tearing it apart. If you are puzzled at adjusting it, you may be even more puzzled after you tear it apart and can't get it back together.

I must have been asleep - thought you said it was not running. Try the adjustments. If they dont work and it is still "flooding" then you have to tear it apart.

Old 10-11-2005 | 11:19 AM
|
Trailblazer

Thanks, guys.

Casper, awesome instructions. The quad will run, but tries to flood out. I looked thru the manual, but didn't see any mention of chain adjustment. Carb adjustments are no problem - it's just good to know what screws to work with. I just wish the carb was easier to get to.

Casper, you have a PM.

Old 10-24-2005 | 12:55 AM
Lak
Trailblazer

My kids both had a Kazuma 50, The chain adjuster nuts I changed to a nylock type of nut. they vibrated loose as did everything else on these pieces of j---. As far as the carb goes, take of the seat and check that the top of the carb where the needle goes into the seat is not loose. I usually gave it two or three turns to tighten every 4 or 5 tank fulls.Here is some piece of mind for you, when you are tightening the chain, look at the frame where the exhasust is bolted to. there is a gusset welded in the tube frame just up from the bolt. My son's broke right in half!!! Not impressed...Word of warning, check bolts reguarly and get some Loc-Tite or use locnuts on the crucial bolts on the quad. Have fun,gotta run.........

Old 12-31-2005 | 06:13 PM
Weekend Warrior

Can you e-mail me the pictures you have on how to tighten the chain on a kazuma 50?

Old 12-31-2005 | 06:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: Casper1276
Big Reub -

The chain tensioner adjustment on the Kazuma 50 is the two 10mm adjuster screws spaced approximately 3 inches apart on the rear axle. Forward of these adjuster screws, there are two plates, one on each side. You have to loosen the bolt on each plate, adjust the tension screws, then tighten the axle plate bolts again. This is hard to explain in words - if you email me I have pictures, but I thought that there were pictures in the owners manual.

1. Make sure the brass manual choke on the drivers side of the carb is in the down position. 2. Check the exhaust manifold for a crack in the base of the manifold. (The metal "S" tube supporting the carb) If this is cracked it will not run no matter what you do. The carbuerator adjustments are all on the passenger side of the machine. The brass screw above the bowl in the lower left corner is the air mixture screw, and the screw on the upper right of the carb is the fuel adjustment screw. Start with both "bottomed out", then back each one off 2 turns. The unit should start, and this will give you a starting point to adjust the unit until it is running smoothly and with no hesitation in the trottle. The fuel screw is kind of hard to reach - you need a skinny standard driver to get between the fender and the bottom of the gas tank. Different elevations require different settings.

Changing the spark plug is up to you, but I have sold these 50's for quite some time and have never had any problems with the factory plugs. Try the adjustments first. Does you no good to change the plug if you cant get it running in the first place due to the carb being out of adjustment.

Old 07-28-2020 | 10:25 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default MeerKat 50cc fuel flooding issue

I found out on the meerkat that also the choke plate will come off of the little Tang in the carb Venturi. Make sure that your choke isn't just in the choke position and that it is attached to the lever. Hope this helps

Old 07-28-2020 | 10:28 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default MeerKat 50cc fuel flooding issue

Quick Reply: Kazuma 50 chain and carb