Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

lt80 noise when rolling forward

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2005, 10:40 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lt80 noise when rolling forward

hello again. i have a little noise that has just came up and i was wondering if i should be worried? clutch damage? i remember when we got the thing and it didnt make any noise other than a growl when pushed forward. now it makes a squeek, squeek, squeek until i stop pushing it. i have serviced the front clutch and removed 2 rollers and as far as i know everythings ok. have not done any extreme riding. my son is 7yrs old. so i would think the front clutch is fine. i was talking to jack about the front clutch before i did this but i did not do anything to the rear. i was scared[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]. i have no manual, but anyone with this concern in the past please help me. oh ya i just about forgot. dont mix castor oil/what i was running with synthetic/what i decided to change all the quads to without draining the gastanks first. they dont mix and i lost all my compression on the 80. we had to buy a new piston because the top ring was stuck badly. new piston 52mm/rings/base gasket/head gasket. let me tell you not even 20hrs on the old/new piston and momma wasnt very happy with me.
thanks, sandmouse.

Old 10-12-2005, 11:57 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

Isolate the noise. pick the machine up and roll the front tires. Remove the front sprocket and turn the back tires to see if it's in the rear end.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] This could be a brake squeal/axel bearing/??

Old 10-12-2005, 11:10 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine was making some noises too. I removed the chain gaurd block and watched the chain as I rolled the axle. Turned out that the big 520 stock chain was just gooed up and binding some. I cleaned it and relubed and the noise quit. If you remove the chain and still get the noise, pull the rear axle and check again. I pulled the axle in about 10 min. The rear end of the LT80 is really easy to work on.