Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Kazuma Meerkat 50

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2005, 03:10 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kazuma Meerkat 50

Hello. Can anyone give me their opinon about these atv's. I am thinking about buying one for my son and I want to make sure it is a decent unit. Any input would be appreciated..

Thanks

Old 10-27-2005, 04:56 PM
Trailblazer

I have one for my 5 year old son. for the price its a good quad. He just motors around the yard in it. It is by no means a trail or track atv. Just rec riding. Be sure to change the oil and check it over for loose bolts and nuts. I am in the process of getting wheel spacers for it to make it more stable. Cant beat it for the money since he will out grow it soon.

Old 10-28-2005, 02:53 PM
Weekend Warrior

I purchased one from raceway this spring. Thus far we have been very happy with the quad and have not had any real issues. The wheel hub on the right rear axel was slightly bent when we got it but raceway sent a new one out three days after I called. As topdollr indicated it is really only for motoring on fairly smooth ground, although we have taken it on field roads, ran it through mud and bumps and have not had any issues. My opinion is any younger child, no matter what type of quad they are driving, should be limited in the terrain they drive on. This is just my opinion. I would second getting wheel spacers for it. The quad is too narrow without them. It is a fairly quick quad. I have set the restrictor on it to keep my son from going too fast. He currently only drives it in 1st or 2nd gear. He can take off from either gear. 1st gear, even with some restriction on the throttle, will pull the quad up some pretty good hills. Overall it has served us well but he doesn't race, we aren't jumping or taking it on extreme terrain. If you would like to talk more about our experience with the quad I would be more than willing to talk to you about it. I did this with someone before I purchased it. Just email me your number jkbochantin@charter.net.

If you do decide to get one of these quads I would highly recommend raceway. Before the purchase I was able to talk to someone at raceway about the quad, they had very quick delivery, answered a few questions after we got it, and quickly sent out replacement parts for the one issue we did have. Good company to deal with. Even if you see it for a little less somewhere else it is worth the few extra dollars to deal with raceway.

I do expect this quad may take a little additional care compared to the one from the big four, nothing we have experienced just from what I have read here. But for the money and amount of time the quad will fit him I believe it will serve the purpose.

kevin

Old 10-29-2005, 06:23 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the post kirby32.
Mini ATV Raceway ATV

Old 10-31-2005, 12:47 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have a Meerkat 50 that I bought around Easter for my 5 yer old girl. It has been a great little 4 wheeler and I agree with adding spacers. The first day she rolled it and since adding the spacers it is really stable. Also I suggest adjusting the throttle down just a bit until they get the feel for slowing down in the turns.

I think I own as many Redcats now as John at Raceway. Since the 50 we bought a 110 Lacoste (best bike of all) for my 9 year old daughter and a 150 for my (better not tell her age) wife. We just bought a new 75 but we're have some problems with it. Unfortunately the local dealer folded so I'm kind of on my own. Bottom line, if you buy don't be afraid to buy from Raceway. I didn't and I'm really kicking myself!