Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Red Cat ATV

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2005, 01:28 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Red Cat ATV

I am looking to buy an ATV. I don't know much about them and was wondering about the Red Cat brand and how dependable they are. Please help!.

Old 11-02-2005, 04:44 PM
Trailblazer
Default Red Cat ATV

Stick with the 4 major brands, Where we ride the Red Cat Atv's are the one's people trying to start or are pushing it back to the truck, They say but I did get an awesome deal, "The old sang, you get what you pay for" This applies to ATV's, but get it if you have mechanical skillsbecause you'd spend more time wrenching then enjoying it , tighten all bolts, because they are put together in a rush and quality suffers from this. Weld's are weak, but you may get lucky, good luck.

Old 11-02-2005, 04:56 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Red Cat ATV

Thank you. I'm looking at it as a gift for a teenager and I don't want to get something that is always in the shop. The price on them did seem to good to be true.
Thanks.

Old 11-03-2005, 12:37 PM
Range Rover
Default Red Cat ATV

I have 2 Redcat atvs and a Kazuma (which is essentially the same as a Redcat). The MKII-110 runs great and never had any problems with it. My MKII-150 has a problem with it's chain tensioner, mainly that it doesn't work right. When the 150 was working, it ran great no problems moving me and I am not a small guy. My Kazuma Dingo 250 is an awesome machine. I posted up a review of my Kazuma in this forum.

The one thing I will say is that people who have never owned one of these atvs will ALWAYS try to get you to buy a big 3 quad and tell you these are garbage. Find a good dealer to work with, understand that these quads are great for someone who never has ridden before. I moved from Chicago to a rural area which gave the the ability to adopt this hobby. My local dealer comes to get my quad if there is a problem, and then drops it back off at my house when they are done. They have a majority of parts in stock and ready to go, but for my Kazuma they dont stock because they dont sell alot of them. I can turn a wrench so once my quad is out of warranty, most likely I will wrench it my self.

Old 11-03-2005, 04:28 PM
Trailblazer
Default Red Cat ATV

Buy a name brand bike, we have a Kazuma that has problems from day one it took 2 1/2 months to get warranty parts and that still didn't fix it. Now they expect me to take it somewhere to get it fixed but guess what I have to pay the labor (the bike is still under warranty). My other choice is I may be able to ship it back at about 1/2 the original cost of the bike. No thanks, I'll see if I can find some sucker to sell it to. The name brand bikes are definately higher priced but they are also worth quite a bit used. I don't see any of these off brand bikes lasting long enough to be worth anything at all down the road. Your choice though.

Old 11-03-2005, 05:01 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Red Cat ATV

Thank - you everyone for all the help. Your feed back has been great and I do apprieciate it.

Old 11-03-2005, 07:57 PM
Trailblazer
Default Red Cat ATV

As I see it, the Red Cat (or any other knock off) ATV is not for everyone. Most of the people who have good luck with them are usually the ones with strong mechanical ability and purchase from a decent dealer. The problem with these knock offs is that anyone can purchase a container load and become a dealer - there does not appear to be a whole lot of regulations with who can set up an internet base dealership, and then go out of business when the container load runs out. To do it right, assembly should take at least a full 8 hrs of quality control disassembling the atv and re-assembling the atv torquing bolts replacing fluids and applying locktight where it needs it etc. There are no manuals given with the atv for this pre-assembly work. When that crate arrives you are the dealer (unless you purchase the atv from a local dealer assembled) and you need to know how to do all this. Most of the people who just bolt the tires on, put in gas and think they just put one over on Mr. Honda usually end up with an expensive flower planter in their yard. I originally bought two redcats - just recently sold one and purchased another new one. If you have a strong mechanical aptitude and are doing mostly trail riding these are great atv's for the money. But... you get what you pay for in this world, on all three of the redcats I have purchased I have spent a little money on modifications., and if i counted my time I most likely could have bought a Honda, but like most gear heads, I like to tinker and modify everything so the lower initial investment fits me well. If you do purchase one of these type of atvs make sure you do your reasearch on the company you are buying from. These forums are a great source of information, if you can get by the same old - this atv sucks-.... Just my opinion, take it for what it is worth - not much. Good luck.

Old 11-04-2005, 10:14 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Red Cat ATV

I have alot of mechanical background and have bought 3-4 Redcat 110cc ATVs and loved everyone of them..Assemble was OK and once I had some missing lug nuts that they still have not deleivered from 4 weeks ago.Be very careful who you buy from..High RPM Racer is bad and they wont return calls or send out parts.

I'd buy another 110cc Redcat in a heartbeat.

Old 11-04-2005, 08:09 PM
Trailblazer
Default Red Cat ATV

Good to hear someone else who likes their RedCat. I enjoy mine and again this is the third one I have bought. I just have a difficult
time reading posts where people buy these atv's expecting a Honda when they have paid a third of the cost and then bad mouth them when there missing a part from the crate or need work. Again - just my opinion..

Old 11-04-2005, 09:08 PM
Trailblazer
Default Red Cat ATV

I have 3 redcats and all of them have been good to me. I know how to work on them and where to get parts. don't buy them if you cannot fix them.