Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Just bought a new redcat vx-200

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2005, 02:37 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just bought a new redcat vx-200

O.K. i think i got it. I played with screws and nothing so i took air cleaner off and throttle cable out and cleaned carb out then i started it and fired some cleaner down the carb and then put aircleaner on and adjusted screws seems perfect. I am gonna let it cool off then try a cold start and see if it runs well but warm it was running great nice and smooth now. I cant wait to put some time in this weekend. Ill let you guys know after i get to ride it a bit.

Old 01-20-2006, 01:22 AM
Trailblazer

Well ive had it out a few times and so far its alot of fun. Plenty of snot and rides nice. I have a had a few small carb issues only at idle..riding is fine. I recomend this quad. I think im gonna tear it down soon and adjust valves and chain and retighten and loctite anything that look like i missed. Only prob that i am a litle displeased with is my neutral light doesnt work :-(

Old 02-12-2006, 09:28 AM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

djs7795,

As to your neutral indicator light not working, the reverse indicator light was not working on my daughter's baby falcon 110 when we got it. I finally got around to checking the connectors. I traced the wires checking each plug. When I got to one under the seat, I found that one of the male prongs was bent and not going in to its female counterpart. I straightened it and all the selector lights now work. I also filled the bottom of the indicator with black rtv silicone as the circuitry is exposed from the bottom.

Rodney

Old 04-17-2006, 08:35 PM
Trailblazer

I got a few more hours of pretty hard riding. The quad performes well. Plenty of power to climb hills and even pull the front wheels off the ground. The day ended when i rolled backwards down a hill. The quad was fine except for the pretzle like handle bars and the bead on one tire let go. I was close to my buddies so i reset the bead and we pulled the bar straight enough so it would clear the fender and i fired it up and rode it back to the truck. Other than that the quad was great. The plastic on the quad is stronger than i expected i figured that would be a weak spot but perfect barely even a scratch. I am gonna have to cut the shifter off and lengthen it a bit (too tight for my big feet). I am VERY PLEASED overall. I think this was a great choice to get back into atving. I couldnt ask for more for the money.