Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Kazuma 110 trans problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 10:32 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kazuma 110 trans problem

Originally posted by: flexikid
I was wondering if anybody had any transmission problems with a Kazuma 110. I'm not sure if it's the clutch or transmission but when reaching maximum speed a nasty sound and vibration comes from the lower end. It says there until I slow down to a certain speed then all is fine. It almost sounds like something is rubbing on the casing...perhaps the clutch?? The sound is really hard to describe but it has happened several times all under the same circumstances. I have change the oil since and there is no metal chips in the oil. This has happened all summer long and the ATV works fine otherwise. My son rarely uses 3 third gear so it hasn’t been an issue However, now that the season is winding down I want to fix it. Anybody have any suggestions?
We get the same noise out of our Falcon 110! I cant beleive it is normal although it doesnt seem to have affected the performance of the unit.
The sound you describe is not a constant noise, just occasional and only when winding out in 3rd gear correct?
A terrible screech is how I could best describe it, sort of like nails across a chalk board!
Yeah, I am sure it is normal and will go away with time!(not) Sounds like a dealer buying time until the warranty expires!

Old 11-30-2005, 10:52 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 49 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally posted by: flexikid
I was wondering if anybody had any transmission problems with a Kazuma 110. I'm not sure if it's the clutch or transmission but when reaching maximum speed a nasty sound and vibration comes from the lower end. It says there until I slow down to a certain speed then all is fine. It almost sounds like something is rubbing on the casing...perhaps the clutch?? The sound is really hard to describe but it has happened several times all under the same circumstances. I have change the oil since and there is no metal chips in the oil. This has happened all summer long and the ATV works fine otherwise. My son rarely uses 3 third gear so it hasn’t been an issue However, now that the season is winding down I want to fix it. Anybody have any suggestions?
If it was mine i would take it apart and measure the clearances between the first 2 gears and their shafts and see if the 3rd gears set is any tighter. I would assume it is tighter, and would then hone or lap the gears to the same clearance. Not something most people can do though, and it probubly does "wear" in eventually too. Other than that, have you tried a high quality synthetic 4 stroke oil? I dont know if it would help, but it might.

Old 12-01-2005, 01:00 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I have had out 2 110's for almost a year now and warranty is long gone. I have had no problems and the noise does not happen as often. It does not seem to affect the performance at all.

Old 12-01-2005, 08:36 AM
Trailblazer

"nails across a chalk board" is the best way to describe the noise.

Old 12-01-2005, 01:03 PM
Trailblazer

I was thining about getting my son a 110 but I'm not sure if it's big enought for him. Could you guys tell me how fast these bikes are and if they are quick out of the hole. My son is 12 and I'm think about going with a 250 or so.

Thanks

Yankee270

Old 12-01-2005, 01:12 PM
Range Rover

Yankee,

My fiancee's brother just turned 13 on the 23rd of Nov. He is 6' tall and around 180lbs, he rides a Redcat 100 MKII. It moves him around pretty well, probably around 25 mph but that is a guess. I have a 150 MKII that my dealer is buying from me tomorrow, that moved me around pretty quick and I am 5'10 and 250lbs. I think I was a little too big for the 150. A few months ago I bought a 250 and that thing is great. It climbs over stuff, I had it out in the snow over Thanksgiving, and in the mud a few days later when the snow melted.

Are you planning on racing these?

Old 12-01-2005, 01:26 PM
Pro Rider

Old 12-01-2005, 06:46 PM
Trailblazer

I would buy the 150 if you want something fast out of the hole. I have both and the 110 is faster overall speed but the 150 has double the power. The 150 CVT trans is a wild ride when it gets into the powerband and just keeps on cranking. The 110 is a good starter quad but lacks power because it isn't geared for proformance.

Old 12-01-2005, 06:48 PM
Trailblazer

and one more thing, I beat the **** out the 150 and never had any problems with it except for a flat tire.

Old 12-01-2005, 10:42 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: happydad
no not wicked. highrpmracer,bad news for me.
Sorry to hear of your problems! My One and only experience with highrpm was very good. Ordered over the phone on Monday and received it on Thursday the same week. I hope you get everything worked out!
P.S. If you feel you've been miss treated get ahold of the better business bureau of the state that highrpm resides. You may be surprised how quickly things can get resolved with a push from the bbb!!

Quick Reply: Kazuma 110 trans problem