Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Suzuki want start...

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 11:10 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suzuki want start...

I have a Suzuki QuadRunnier 230 got used. It's a mid 80's model that ran good the first of the summer. By in end of the summer it started to get harder to start.... Now, nothing! It want even try. I had it looked at and they got it running for about a week, but it's not running anymore. They installed a new fuel pump and adjusted the carb. Is there anything i can do to get this thing running good? I paid $600.00 for it and I have a friend that will give me $400.00 if I wanted to sale, but I rather get it running for my kids. Need advise...

Old 12-01-2005, 12:53 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally posted by: Fleet6
I have a Suzuki QuadRunnier 230 got used. It's a mid 80's model that ran good the first of the summer. By in end of the summer it started to get harder to start.... Now, nothing! It want even try. I had it looked at and they got it running for about a week, but it's not running anymore. They installed a new fuel pump and adjusted the carb. Is there anything i can do to get this thing running good? I paid $600.00 for it and I have a friend that will give me $400.00 if I wanted to sale, but I rather get it running for my kids. Need advise...
Welcometo the forum Fleet6, I would put a new spark plug in it and if that didnt help I would clean the carb. And adjust/check the valves. As valves wear one, of the symptoms is hard starting.

Old 12-01-2005, 01:08 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply.... I should have stated in my first posting that we have installed a new plug and cleaned the carb. I don't think we looked at the valves. Can you give me some pointers on how to do that. I'm not a bad wrench turner if I know what to do....... Thanks

Old 12-01-2005, 01:26 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally posted by: Fleet6
Thanks for the reply.... I should have stated in my first posting that we have installed a new plug and cleaned the carb. I don't think we looked at the valves. Can you give me some pointers on how to do that. I'm not a bad wrench turner if I know what to do....... Thanks
Sure. You will want to remove the valve cover and the flywheel cover as well as the sparkplug. You want to find TDC (top dead center) after the valves close. By rotating the engine over by turning the flywheel. There will usually be a mark on the flywheel and the cam sprocket. Then you want to check the clearances between the valve and the rocker arm. Im not sure what those clearances should be on a suzuki, but any dealer should have those numbers.