Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

kazuma falcon 110 questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2005, 10:48 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default kazuma falcon 110 questions

yeah, its in the manual. I guess I'll call tech support at Redcat to get an idea of how much to put back in. I assume it goes in the top where the cover screws off. thanks for your input.

Old 12-11-2005, 07:44 AM
Weekend Warrior

yes, it lists it along side the engine oil specs. I'll also call Redcat Tech support for a second opinion just in case. Thanks for your input!!

Old 12-14-2005, 11:13 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok, so I got lucky and got the Kazuma Falcon 110 as well. Got it put together tonight, the front (brush guard?) was a bit off, but with a prybar I was able to get it to bolt on. Thus far I love the looks of this thing (even though the seller sent me the red instead of the black I ordered, and I got it from MPE Motorsports in TX).

But I also ran into the oil dilemna, and want to make sure I get it straight.... no hypoid (gear) oil unless it is shaft drive, correct? This means I only need 20W50 motor oil (plan on using synthetic), but where do I put it? The chrome dip-stick-looking cap on the right side of the engine? I assume this is the spot, since it is on the same side as the window. And there is NO dipstick on these, correct? Just add oil between the lines in the window? If this is correct, then what is the plastic chrome screw on the left side of the engine for?

I got a manual, but not sure why, exactly. Horrible, to say the least. It mentions a break-in (brake in) period, but I either missed it, or it does not specify exactly WHAT the break-in period is. Any info on this?

Parking brake is weak, I can push the ATV easily with it set. Assuming that with the PB set, the ATV should be difficult to move? And should the front discs be adjusted so that they can be locked up?

This thing really looks like a good ATV, even if it is not one of the BIG 4. I was impressed that it can handle 176 lbs of rider (I happen to weigh 175!!). But I think my 8-1/2 year old son will love it, but am afraid it will be a bit much for my 7 year old daughter yet.

Thanks for any responses, and I hope this is the correct way to post, instead of creating another thread with basically the same questions. Did not intend to hijack the original poster.

Cheers!

F6Hawk

The following users liked this post:
MemawD (08-24-2020)
Old 12-15-2005, 12:18 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

f6hawk,

You are right with the oil. It does go in the hole with the chrome dipstick looking cap. You need to pay extra attention to all the nuts and bolts. Get locktite if you can and do all the major nuts and bolts. They do run really well. Break in period is pretty simple. You should upon first start up let it run at idle for about 30min then let it cool. Once you do that you can ride it but dont let it rev too high for about the first 3 hours. You should be ok after that. You can adjust all the brakes at the drums. You dont want the front to lock up but still be firm. Make sure when you teach your kids to ride it that they MUST let off the gas if they shift while moving. The suspension will be stiff. It will losen up a little but they are a rough ride. Most kids dont care. You can improve this greatly with some slight modifications. Over all they are a good atv for beginners and will last if you keep up on them.

MemawD (08-24-2020)
Old 12-15-2005, 07:45 AM
Weekend Warrior

F6,
I still haven't figured out what the chrome screw on the left side is. I've looked the parts explorer that was sent with my quads and it may be the housing for the stator. I can only assume it is shipped with some kind of shipping lubricant like the rest of the motor and if it needs oil it will get it from the main oil reservoir from this point on. I followed 2manytoys recommedations on assembly and so far the bikes have run really well. They are Christmas presents so I keep test driving everyday to make sure they run right. So far, so good. If they work out, what a deal!! $1099 already assembled. Good luck!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

MemawD (08-24-2020)
Old 12-15-2005, 07:56 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanx for the confirmations, 2manytoys. I will work on the loctite details tonight.

What kind of mods are you talking about? And what kind of prices?

From what I read on here about the ride, I had already decided to run the tires at the low side, say 5 psi, to help soften the ride. As you said, I doubt it will matter to them, sinde they won't have anything to compare the ride to except their bicycles.

Thanks again,
F6Hawk

MemawD (08-24-2020)
Old 12-15-2005, 11:59 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does anyone know where an authorized (or otherwise) Kazuma repair facility is in the Riverside County/Ontario/Norco area?

Old 12-28-2005, 10:46 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

New to site, looking for information for kids new falcon 110. Found all answeres just reading through this forum. Great information, was confused when read manual about engine oil and gear oil. If I understand what I read, the chain drive model only have engine oil and can be seen through site glass. Only shaft drive models use gear oil. This model seams to be ok for my son, just wanted to join this just in case anything goes wrong with it. If anybody has any known problems that maybe I can fix before it happens I would love to hear about it.

MemawD (08-24-2020)
Old 12-28-2005, 11:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

Turbine, Just make sure you follow all recommendations on this thread. Very, very good info. Just one other thing I noticed, keep any eye on the thin wire which connects your foot brake to the safety switch for start up. I sold some of these units and three of them came back with the wire either disconnected or fell off all together. Easy fix but very frustrating for the folks who bought these units and could not figure it out.

MemawD (08-24-2020)
Old 12-29-2005, 12:24 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

HI, WE HAVE A KAMAKAZI 110 AND MY QUESTION IS WHERE DO YOU FIND INFO ABOUT THE MECH. OF THEM? OURS HAVE QUIT RUNNING.

MemawD (08-24-2020)

Quick Reply: kazuma falcon 110 questions