Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

kazuma falcon 110 questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2006, 11:56 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kazuma falcon 110 questions

warranty on motor only! I read that some where..
Axles are like $70 at this site
http://www.alt-trans.com/index.asp?P...TS&Category=93
actually they got some descent prices on oem parts.. say a whole clutch assembly for $70 or so... I can't even get replacement fiction disk and plates for my banshee for that prices and that's for the whole dang assembly...
sprockets and chains are pricey there..
later,
Chad

Old 09-13-2006, 08:58 PM
Weekend Warrior

hi,
I have a kazuma falcon 110 and it was running fine and then i turned it off then it just wouldent start, it has no spark i have tried other types of spark plugs as i dont have any of the right types and im still not getting spark, I dont have the money to get it fixed. in the left side cover is there some kind of way i can check i am getting spark in there and it might be that thing that leads to the spark plug

thanks dan

Old 01-08-2008, 10:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

I BOUGHT MY SON A FALCON 110 WITH DISK BRAKES FOR CHRISTMAS, WELL EVERYTIME HE RIDES HE ONLY GETS 10 MINS OUT OF IT AND THE BRAKES LOCK UP. WE CALLED THE DEALER AND HE SAID THAT THERE IS A SCREW TO LOOSEN THEM DOES ANYBODY KNOW EXACTLY WHERE THAT SCREW IS? WE LOOKED AND CAN'T SEEM TO FIND IT...PLZ HELP!

Old 01-09-2008, 01:40 PM
Pro Rider

Front brakes or rear brakes? My sons rear foot brake pedal has been getting caught up in the nerf bar webbing lately so I have to cut a piece of it off.

If the brakes are like ours, they are very similar to bike brakes. There is a nut close to the brake lever that can back off or screw on to allow more slack or take up slack.

Old 01-09-2008, 01:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

ITS HIS REAR BRAKES, I CALLED THE GUY WE BOUGHT IT FROM AND HE SAID THAT ALOT OF TIMES THEY COME FROM THE FACTORY WITH THEM TOO TIGHT, SO HE SAID JUST LOOSEN THEM BUT WE CANT FIND ANYWHERE TO DO THAT UNLESS WE TAKE THE BRAKE OFF

Old 01-10-2008, 08:01 PM
Trailblazer

Hool,

I have two Kazuma 110 Falcons. The bolt you removed is not a drain plug for trans fluid. It is a separate plug for a small resevoir of oil that houses the lifters. There is no separate trans fluid fill. There is a fill cap on the left side (facing forward) of the engine, do not put anything in there, there is a magneto in there. The motor is lubricated by one crankcase which you have the fill for on the right side of the engine and the drain plug underneath, forward and center.

Old 01-11-2008, 08:16 PM
Trailblazer

I just got through changing oil in the two 110's my grandkids got for Christmas and I also took the wrong plug out. But I believe it was also the oil reservoir. The spring came out followed by a rubber tipped rod with a few holes in it. I believe it is for oil circulation or something like that. The spring also had a rubber tip that goes next to the rubber tip on the rod. These have the centrifugal clutch. I haven't found any information on them yet and I'm still looking but there is a plug on top of the clutch housing that looks like you could add some type of fluid but no drain for that area. The manual doesn't mention the clutch.

Old 04-06-2008, 05:47 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: woodchuckie

I just got through changing oil in the two 110's my grandkids got for Christmas and I also took the wrong plug out. But I believe it was also the oil reservoir. The spring came out followed by a rubber tipped rod with a few holes in it. I believe it is for oil circulation or something like that. The spring also had a rubber tip that goes next to the rubber tip on the rod. These have the centrifugal clutch. I haven't found any information on them yet and I'm still looking but there is a plug on top of the clutch housing that looks like you could add some type of fluid but no drain for that area. The manual doesn't mention the clutch.</end quote></div>

OK, Ill join the group who;s having trouble w the oil and trans/differential oils. I have a chain drive Kazuma Falcon 110 w 3 speed semi auto/reverse. It originally had a no spark condition, and I traced the problem to a bad stator. Now when I removed the LH engine cover to replace the stator, I DID have oil drain out, and it smelled like gear oil, not motor oil.

I read this entire thread, and I see now that its not just me who thinks the manual sucks. So I now know that the oil plug on the right side IS the correct spot to fill oil, I know NOT to look for a dipstick as it doesnt exist, I know the oil drain plug is the larger of the two on the bottom of the engine and that its the one closer to the RH side, and I know to use the sight glass a the level indicator for motor oil (even though the manual states this is for differential oil)

I too removed the smaller "drain plug" on the bottom LH side, with the spring and rod behind it. Nothing drained out of it when removed, other than a few drops.

So reading the manual, it states it takes about .2 quarts of differential oil. Again, when I removed the LH cover (stator cover) it DID lose fluid that smelled like trans/diff oil. And like others, I thought the round plug on top DOES look like a fill plug. But w my mechanical backround, having the stator immersed in oil just didnt seem right. I also so no place (when the cover was removed) for the oil to actually enter the engine/trans from the stator area. So basically if I DID fill through that plug on the LH side (the manual calls it a magneto cap and a cam chain adjust cover), I would be doing nothing more than bathing the stator in gear oil.

so..... DOES this quad have a place to put trans/differential oil? If not, (as I think I interpreted from this thread) then why did I get fluid out of the LH cover that smelled like gear oil when removed?

Thanks a bunch.

The following users liked this post:
MemawD (08-24-2020)