Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Junkmoto 150

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 10:34 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Junkmoto 150

All,

I purchased a Jetmoto 150 from Raceway ATV . . . this is the biggest piece of junk I have ever seen. Is there an owner out there that feels this is a quality machine and is pleased with the performance?

Maybe I have just done something wrong because I have had problem after problem. The bike has low power and is extremely unstable to ride. I purchased it for my 9yo who couldn't stand it. Moved him up to a Suzuki 250 Ozark and he couldn't be happier. Had my 7yo ride it a few times and he refuses to ride it because the ride is so unstable, vibrations make everything go numb and if there are ruts on the trail, the bike is so erratic, he can barely stay on it.

Anyone else having similar problems?

Helpfull feedback requested . . . Ty

Old 04-06-2008, 01:25 AM
Pro Rider
Default Junkmoto 150

You can view my videos with 8-45 year olds riding my 150 Jetmotos and we all are very pleased with them! I have no idea what you are calling unstable. We are yet to roll either or our 150 and are very pleased with the suspension and power. But I do admit they do vibrate quite bad.

Old 04-06-2008, 12:01 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Junkmoto 150

Outofline,

Appreciate your feedback! Checking your video's, looks like your performance is pretty good with adults riding. I'm not getting this level with a 50 or 70lb rider!

Regarding instability, I have not been able to get the front end adjusted properly. When I think its good, within a few hours it's pulling to one side, causing severe tire wear. Last outing, it the lower ball joint nut pulled out of the A Arm socket. Maybe this was causing some problems. Contacted Jetmoto yesterday on replacement parts. When my 7yo rides, any little rut in the trail will cause the bike to pull violently and has run him off the trail on several occasions. I'm expecting it to throw him off the bike at higher speeds. He doesn't have this problem on other bikes like Suzuki or Polaris.

We typically ride at altitude 7k ~ 11k elevation which I'm sure has some impact. May take into a shop to see if they can straighten out the front end. May need to look at working the carb and air flow to boost performance.

Have had additional issues with rubber (fuel lines, protective boots, etc) dry rotting quite bad as well. Seen this on several Chineese bikes.

Do you have any recommendations on boosting performance or my front end issues?

Again, thank for your assistance . . . Ty

Old 04-06-2008, 02:12 PM
Pro Rider
Default Junkmoto 150

To be honest I kind of was thinking you in fact did not own a Jetmoto but was a Chinese atv basher that we often see on here! Now I can see you really do own one. The front end on these do need constant up keep. The castle nuts need an extra washer to correctly place the cotter pin as I'm sure you have seen. Look closely at the inner tie rod mounts, they will come lose and make the steering lose. These also needs a second washer. Can you post a picture of your A Arm problem? These quads also need to have the front end aligned periodically, I noticed I need to preform this on mine also this year.
Power wise, Hmmmm I'm wondering if your throttle cable is adjusted properly. The throttled response should be there at the first movement of the thumb lever. If there is a sloppy lag where you can move the lever a little ways before the motor increases in rpm adjust the cable at the adjuster on the cable. Also make sure the Child safety screw on the throttle is not stopping the lever from going to full throttle. I also adjusted the clip on the carb slider to rid mine of a slight drop out of power at 1/4 throttle. Other then that mine 150's have been great runners and like you saw on my video's they have plenty power to even pull me at 240lbs along very good.
As you may have seen on my site I also am frustrated by the low quality of the Rubber that is used on these quads also. I really would like to see Jet step up and increase the quality of these parts but by their response or lack of I don't see it happening any time soon! If you post in the Raceways area here there are other Jet owners that may be of help also but feel free to ask or email me with what ever questions you may have!

Old 04-06-2008, 02:37 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Junkmoto 150

Well, thanks again for your help! Suprising, we appear to be neighbors . . . I'm up in Layton!

Trying to post a couple pictues now but haven't quite figured it out! Bear with me a few, I'll get it shortly.

Old 04-06-2008, 03:06 PM
Pro Rider
Default Junkmoto 150

You can post them here on your MY PAGE up towards the top. Cool, Your the only other Utahn I have met on here! Bring it down, I'll help work on it if you would like!

Old 04-06-2008, 03:30 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Junkmoto 150

Have to run out for a few. Trouble posting pics due to resolution. Trying to reduce so I can post to MY PAGE.

Might be willing to take you up on the offer! Let me see what I get back from Jetmoto on parts. I do have an extra carb because the first one had issues with the float and would often leak gas through vent.

Will be back in touch later today . . . Ty

Old 04-06-2008, 03:43 PM
Trailblazer
Default Junkmoto 150

Hey MyTy, you can zip up the pics and email them to me. I will host them on my web server for you, so they can stay the original size if you like. Or I can show you how to resize them. Just give me a pm if you want to.

Old 04-06-2008, 03:43 PM
Pro Rider
Default Junkmoto 150

I had to adjust one of my 150's floats also, I noticed their fix is to send a new carb but it's an easy fix! Yes let me know if I can help my number is 562-9622! You can ride one of mine and see what they are supposed to feel like. And as most all Chinese atvs they do need continual maintenance unlike the Japanese atv's!

Old 04-06-2008, 04:32 PM
Pro Rider
Default Junkmoto 150

I posted mine on here at 640x480 res. and also host several photos on Putfile and have seen others host them on Photobucket!