Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Great Lakes ATV, Worst experience of my life!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2005, 08:19 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great Lakes ATV, Worst experience of my life!!!!!

Tim,
my credit card company contacted High RPM Racer and filed a dispute with them,and than they took the charge OFF my billing statement.

Old 12-23-2005, 11:36 AM
Pro Rider

In most cases you have 120 days to dispute a claim . The CC won't make return shipping arrangements , what they will do is credit your money back to your card .

Old 12-28-2005, 07:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have had Two dealings with Great Lakes ATV and both went flawlessly. I bought a 50cc for my son than a 110 later for my daughter. I selected them because of their nearly perfect Ebay feedback. Since I bought my ATVs I needed an intake manifold and they had the parts in stock and I recieved them in 3 days. I even recommeded Great Lakes ATV to several of my friends. It sounds like you were either extremely unlucky or maybe just stretching the truth because Raceway is a paid sponsor of this site.

Old 12-29-2005, 10:50 AM
Trailblazer

I tend to believe the original post. The guy received a banged up ATV with missing parts and you, the seller, believe it's all on the trucking company? I'm sorry, your responsibility does not end when the ATZ leaves your hands...ever hear of customer service? The guy stated he reached someone and was told a fax would be sent out day after day...and it never was. You guys should have been on the phone with the trucking company the day this person called straightening this thing out. Now, you appear here trying to save face it appears...shame on you.

BTW, what does selling the ATV below the competition's price have to do with anything? You posting that indicates to me that your attitude is basically "you got a good deal, don't bother me after the sale."

Old 12-29-2005, 01:37 PM
Weekend Warrior

Our responsiblity didn't stop with the sale and is why we helped the customer with the claim. The comment about the low price was to prove that not all was bad with this sale and when one exagerates with comments like "the worst experience of my life" and "the shipment took 7 weeks" after we sent parts, helped with claim paperwork and shipping took 2 weeks, I get a little defensive.

Sorry if you don't believe us I guess the unsolicited positive comments speak for themselves.

Old 12-31-2005, 05:08 PM
Trailblazer

Hello all,

Hate to make a first post in a new forum on a controversial thread but I am the customer who emailed Paul regarding this thread.

I did recently purchase an atv from Greatlakes although I haven't received it yet. I have had several communications since the purchase with Paul and some of his people by phone and email, all have been very prompt and courteous.

I've made a lot of online purchases from various internet vendors and have had mostly good experiences and very few that were bad. High Rpm racer was one of the bad, but that's another story. With the wealth of positive ebay feedback over a fairly lengthy time period, you can tell that Greatlakes tries to be customer service oriented, but of course nobody is perfect.

I will be happy to update my dealings (good or bad) with them after I receive the new quad and run it for a while.

For TimN, I hope you get your issues resolved and please let us know how it worked out.

FWIW, I did try to purchase my second bike from John at Raceway but he didn't have what I needed.

Also, thanks to this forum for the ton of help and info I've found here for my first journey into the world of "chinese atv's" LOL

Jim

Old 12-31-2005, 06:31 PM
Trailblazer

Paul. I gave you EVERY opportunity to make this right and you hadnt!! I had to call so many tiumes a day, because Amanda would never take my calls, and when I did get gher as I stated she said she was to busy. Then the last time we spoke, she said she would send the parts, and fax me for the claim. Neither never happened. So here I sit w/ a broken ATV. That has a smashed crooked fork, missing fender, no brakes, nor accelerator, smashed temp gauge. My last phone call, unanswered by the way was to you explaining all my dealings, or lack there of, pleading w/ you to make this right. Again no return call, no parts, no fax, just a broken ATV that is not driveable. I was way beyond patient w/ your Company. Now I will let the credit card Company deal w/ it, as I am done dealing w/ you. You obviously dont care. My only reason to post this originally was because of how horrendous I was treated, and yes dodged by your staff there. I told you before, if it was made right I woulda been happy, but I was blown off and ignored. Thanks again for the great service.

Old 12-31-2005, 06:40 PM
Trailblazer

Oh, and there is NO stretching of the truth Paul. Once there was a problem, I carefully documented every thing.Also the most I ever called was 4 times one day after I left 3 messages for Amanda. The 4th time I got her, but she said she was to busy, and would call me back. How dare you even attempt to make me the bad guy here.

Old 12-31-2005, 06:51 PM
Trailblazer

And what do you mean you are waiting for me to get in contact w/ you to resolve this?? You havent faxxed, you never sent parts, which Amanda said she would get out next day, and NO ONE has ever returned one of my calls. Thats kinda why I had to call so much. You marooned me, and now when the facts come out your trying to defend it w/ we are trying to help you b.s. Yeah by not answering my calls, by not sending the parts that she said she would send, and by not faxxing me. Yeah o.k. man.

Old 12-31-2005, 07:29 PM
Trailblazer

http://forums.atvconnection.com/mess...did/475164.cfm

Kinda sounds familiar.

Quick Reply: Great Lakes ATV, Worst experience of my life!!!!!