Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Im looking to buy one of these for myself

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 11:51 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Im looking to buy one of these for myself

Okay you guys are proably going to either make fun of me or think im crazy but hey....

Im intrested in purchasing an ATV...a small one. It appears you guys call them quad. Im neighbor has a 110cc mini panther. Ive ridden it a few times and the thing in my opinion can really move. I would like to buy a ATV just like that for a few reasons. Before I list those I would just like to say im 16yrs old about 165 pds and maybe 5,6. Im not huge but im not really a kid hahaha.
it seems like a smaller atv would be perfect for me because it saves space and cash, my neighbor also says it doesnt burn a ton of fuel. It also seems to fit me size wise. The thing was going like 45 with me onig.I do have a few questions...

Budget: 600-650$

1. Im not experienced with ATV what so ever this will be my first, would reccomend the 110cc Mini Panther or is there another quad you would reccomend for my price range. Im not looking for the top of the line just the best thing I can get for my price range.

2. Like I said I have no experience with ATVs. Im assuiming if I buy an ATV offline it will come disassembled, how difficult is it to put together?

3. I would like to point out this atv will mostly be used on streets, and every now and then off road, never will it get near water or will I proably be racing in it. Ill proably just use it lightly riding around and not exactly trying to do backflips. Will this increase the life of my ATV?

4. where is the best place to buy these? and is there a way I can get it assembled for a cost?

Like I said you guys are proably thinking "this guys weird!" but I really dont have the money or space for a full size atv...

Thanks for all the help!!!!!

Old 07-07-2008, 01:45 PM
Trailblazer

If your budget is that low you will probably by looking at an off brand like the Panther. There are a lot of Chinese ATV makers but you need to watch out. Don't by the stuff from Checker, Pep Boys, ect. They sell stuff from a maker called Hanson...its cheep junk. I recently bought a small ATV for my kids and checked out almost every brand name out there and ended up buying a BMS 70 for $750 out the door from a dealer. Boreem Motor Sports (BMS) is an American company that has its stuff made by the Chinese just like the smaller ATV's that some of the major name brands do, however you can see the quality in the stuff BMS makes compared to the other off brands. The ATV's they sell new in you're price range and engine size run from $1,100 to $1,400. The fit and finish is comparable to the bigger brands (not quite as good but close), and the suspension actually works. The suspension on most Chinese ATV's are so stiff they mite as well not even have shocks. If you're not experienced with ATV's or mechanically inclined I suggest you find a dealer to buy the ATV from which will also secure a warranty.

That being said, with you being 16yrs old, you're probably going to out grow a 110cc real fast. If I were you I would save up my money and buy something like an older Polaris 250 Trail Blazer or 330 Trail Boss. In the long run you will be much happier. Also if you live in a state that allows you to make an ATV street legal, you should save your money and buy something a little better so that you can take it on the road. An older Polaris like those above should fall in the $1800 to $2500 range.

What ever you decide to do be really careful when buying an off brand. For just a little bit more money the quality goes up significantly.

Old 07-07-2008, 10:45 PM
Pro Rider

http://www.giovannibikes.com/ATVs-23730.aspx

Old 07-07-2008, 11:58 PM
Weekend Warrior

Well...There isnt a chance in the world I will ever save $1800-$2500. my parents wont let me spend more then $700 and it will proably end up being $600-$650. I guess I dont apparently have an option and pretty much have to buy a cheap ATV dont I...

I understand where your coming from one the whole ill out grow it thing...I kind of already have lol...but im completly expecting that...Is it possible to buy an equally cheap Atv thats just a little bigger?

please remember theres absolutely no point in trying to convince me to buy anything other than a cheap atv.

just wondering what other sizes of atvs are there?

Old 07-08-2008, 12:19 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Oda6

Well...There isnt a chance in the world I will ever save $1800-$2500. my parents wont let me spend more then $700 and it will proably end up being $600-$650. I guess I dont apparently have an option and pretty much have to buy a cheap ATV dont I...

I understand where your coming from one the whole ill out grow it thing...I kind of already have lol...but im completly expecting that...Is it possible to buy an equally cheap Atv thats just a little bigger?

please remember theres absolutely no point in trying to convince me to buy anything other than a cheap atv.

just wondering what other sizes of atvs are there?</end quote></div>

In all honesty,I think your answering your own question.

Old 07-08-2008, 12:20 AM
Weekend Warrior

What about this one...I think its the cheap quality but its a little larger:

http://www.powersportsmax.com/...37_99/products_id/836

do you think a local motor sports store could most likly order any atv I wanted?

Old 07-08-2008, 12:33 AM
Weekend Warrior

no I didnt answer myown question....because no where in my reply did I say a thing about wether or not I can get a cheap atv thats just a little larger...
Or what the other sizes of atvs are.

Old 07-08-2008, 01:52 AM
Trailblazer

Oda 6...Looked at the link. To get this that cheep you're going to have ship it to your door and assemble it yourself. Buy it and see how long it lasts. I will warn you, the plastic on that ATV is painted and will chip off. Good luck.

Old 07-08-2008, 06:12 PM
Weekend Warrior

I understand that I will have to pay for shiping and with shipping the total should be around $800. But it does say the Atv comes practicly assembled. Want im really more worried about is wether or not the mechanical portion of the atv will hold up....

okay lets put it this way what would you buy if you were on my budget?

thanks for all the help by the way.

Old 07-08-2008, 06:55 PM
Trailblazer

Honestly I would find a dealership that sells a variety of these cheaper model ATV's. Talk with the sells rep, look at them, set on them, see if the shocks feel like your butts on a box of rocks, are the levers week and flimsy, how thin is the body plastic. Is the plastic dyed or just painted...pay attention to fit and finish. Does the drive chain actually have a guide or is it just left there to grind threw a pinky size peace of plastic that's temporarily holding it up so it doesn't look stupid. Usually it's apparent which quads are really cheaply made and flimsy and which ones are better than the mechanical peace of junk that someone is trying to kick out the door. If an ATV looks cheep, it probably is cheep. Like I said before, be careful when buying Chinese. Even if you don't want to buy one from a dealer, squeeze him for info and then order what you like via the internet to save a few bucks.

Did you look at the link KMKjr gave? Never have heard of that name brand but it could be OK. KMKjr, how do you like Giovanni? The prices look reasonable.