Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Not sure what to buy, Help

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 10:21 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not sure what to buy, Help

For youth - Fit is very important - in addition to proper CC to address issues with to much power to soon and legal limitations for age and CC for public property - properly fitting the machine is very very important. Putting a 6 year old on a 110cc machine would be a criminal child endangerment charge in some states. And there are some brands that a 90cc seems to small for a large kid. Use your head and check your states laws.

But for an adult - get a good brand name quad or don't buy anything. IMO Nothing worse then having to sell at a huge loss to go get the right machine the 2nd time.

I still say you don't see chinese airplanes for a reason - why invest in a chinese ATV? Does the reason change?

I sold some Redcat machines last year and I wouldnt give the last one away for fear I would make a friend angry for dumping that on him.

FWIW

Old 01-17-2006, 10:29 PM
Pro Rider
Buy it now, explain it to the wife later!

Ok for the little one hobbyracer hit it right on the LT80 it will give your daughter someting to grow into, for you I would look at something like a Handa TRX 250 or Suzuki Quadsport 250, IMO the TRX250EX would be the best because it has a sport clutch meaning you can start on it with a automatic clutch (when your learning how to shift) and I read they can be converted to a manual clutch once you get expierenced. The Suzuki 250 mite be able to do the same thing but I'm not sure.

Old 01-18-2006, 10:23 AM
Pro Rider

why not get her a dirt bike? there legal to drive on offroads in most states and easier to match size and cc to rider. the beginner bikes are autos so theres no shifting for her to learn on and they go though more trails easier, they are lighter and more safe also.

Old 01-18-2006, 06:37 PM
Pro Rider

if you want the most fun for the buck, buy a two seat mini sand rail, lot more fun than any quad.

Old 01-18-2006, 08:04 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hoopie,

I agree with you 100 percent. In late 2003 when my daughter was eight years old, I purchased her a 2004 ttr90. It backfired on me. She had wanted a quad and not a motorcycle, but I thought I knew better than she did. She quit riding with us for almost a year until I bought her the quad. She just did not feel safe on the motorcycle. Go figure. Also she did not like when she would go down. So sometime in 2005 I asked her if she would ride with us again if I bought her a quad, and she said yes. Now here is the thing. I went to the local dealers and priced quads and had her sit on a few. But I was afraid that she would quit riding with us again. So I decided to get the Chinese quad instead. I was not about to put out over $3000.00 for a TRX90 which I was going to get her, just to have her quit on us again. So I spent less than half that and the quad has worked out very good for her so far. She is a very timid rider, so it will last her a life time. But when she wants a new quad I will buy her the name brand next time. However, everyone is different. It's still a personal choice on what you put your kid on. It might help to run on down to the local dealer and have the child sit on a quad and/or bike or two to get a feel for sizing and comfort.

Say Billl2099,

On your sunl atv's. Can they take a pretty good beating?
How do they compare to some of the other quads out there?
I am just wondering because I would like to add a smaller quad as a spare. Can rider's big and small ride them. I'm interested in the sunl 90 or 110.
You seem to like your buggy better than your quads. Would that be a better choice? I would like to put either a buggy or a smaller quad into the mix of toys.

Any info would be appreciated.

Sorry to all for getting off the subject.

SB.

Old 02-17-2007, 10:25 AM
Weekend Warrior

I am looking to buy 2 ATV's for my children, they are 8 and 10. I want to get cheap ones to start out. I would like t get 100CC so they do not out grow them . What do you recomend?

Old 02-19-2007, 01:08 PM
Weekend Warrior

empty