Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Adult Falcon 250 questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 11:29 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adult Falcon 250 questions

Ok guys, another question. I tried adjusting the valves this weekend as per the link and I guess my Chinglish isn't too good. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Loosened the bolts on the int/exh adjusters and bumped the engine over with the plug wire unhooked. The adjusters never stopped in one place they just kept moving until they reached the end of the travel which I know can't be right. After trying it a while I then just fired up the engine and adjusted them until there was no noise. Seems to run ok but I have no idea if it's right...

I can shim the valves on a Lotus Esprit with no problem but these little engines have me baffled. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Old 02-06-2006, 03:18 PM
Pro Rider

lotus, i did the same thing. after playing withit for a bit i could feel w/my fingers when it got to"0" clearance. it runs much better, but still not to its potential. im going to look into that set of cam bearing cap bolt set, and also adjusting the needle?

Old 02-06-2006, 04:55 PM
Trailblazer

As I understand it the cam bolt deal has to do with the valves hitting the cam bolts at high revs, is that correct?

It looks like the only difference in the bolts is a lower profile head. I was thinking about grinding the top of the bolts down to the correct dimension or am I missing something? I guess they could be treated or hardened (I doubt it) which could cause a problem but then again we aren't really dealing with high performance engines and ARP head bolts here .......[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-09-2006, 08:31 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hey Lotus, You are on the right path but you may find that you just a hair too tight with your valve adjustment. If the engine has low cranking compression or is hard starting cold. Do what you did but lock them down while you can still hear them make a little noise. They have to have some cleareance to operate properly. As far as the cam bolts. They are easily filed to right dimension. You will want to readjust the valves after you finish the modification.

Good Luck
Nick

PS. remove the bolts before filing.

Old 02-13-2006, 10:26 AM
Pro Rider

Sir,
My Kazuma Adult 250 chain rubs too. Did you get it fixed? It makes a nasty sound and is embarrassing when around other quads...noise makes it sound cheap. I have tried to fix it, but when torque is applied, mine does the same. Please post if you fixed.
I knew when I put it together that the battery box had a design flaw. I used the padding from the crate and cut it out, put padding on the bottom and all around. It doesn't bounce anymore and I think it will hold up. Now if I'd get some low RPMs I'd be happy.

Old 02-13-2006, 11:01 AM
Trailblazer

SEADAWG,

See my reply a few posts back. Yes, tightening the chain solved the rubbing problem. No more clanging...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-14-2006, 12:28 AM
Pro Rider

Sir,
Thanks...I'm all over it. That is funny, it seems tight?? Thanks for posting the help. SEADAWG Out