Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Adult Falcon 250 questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 12:27 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adult Falcon 250 questions

Hi All,

Newbie here and glad to have found this great forum and resource. The info has been invaluable to me so far.

I recently purchased a Kazuma Falcon 250 for my wife and oldest son and have a couple of issues. Have any of you had problems with the chain guard interfering with the chain under torque?

Also, is there a neutral on this quad? It's an auto tranny and I can only find forward/reverse with the hand shifter. No neutral in between which makes it a real pain trying to throttle up the revs when warming it up. Warming up takes about 10 minutes of feathering the throttle when cold. Of course the excellent manual [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] has been no help whatsoever.....

Overall my impressions of the bike have been good and with a couple of mods I think it will be well suited for my purpose. Decent power, very nice suspension for a Chinese quad, disc brakes front/rear that work well and the price was right.

Thanks,
Jim
05 Sportsman 400
05 Falcon 250
05 Falcon 110

Old 02-01-2006, 07:41 PM
Pro Rider

hey lotus 4us, i bought the adult falcon 250 for my son. perty neat bike. there is no neutral. you will need to adjust the valves. 2many toys has the bullitin link. its perty simple. the air mixture is on the bottom of the carb. between the float bowl and the intake.you will probably need to play with that as well. after i made these adjustments it runs much better,and all we have to do is touch the starter button and it fires rite up,and idles just fine. there is also another bulliten about power that has to do with cte cam bearing cap bolts. but i havent purchased them yet. will keep you posted. good luck and let us know how your doing with your project.

Old 02-01-2006, 09:10 PM
Range Rover

Pinch off the tube that comes from the intake. It will make for much better starting and it will run better also.

Old 02-01-2006, 10:15 PM
Trailblazer

Thaks a bunch guys, I really appreciate it. Will do the valves and carb this weekend.

Have either of you had the problem with the chain rubbing the chain guard?

Jim

Old 02-02-2006, 11:36 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: lotus4s
Thaks a bunch guys, I really appreciate it. Will do the valves and carb this weekend.

Have either of you had the problem with the chain rubbing the chain guard?

Jim
no, the chain has 2 sprung tensioner sprockets. make sure they are working properly. check the mounting of the chain guard for bent tabs ect.. you may need to adjust the tension of the chain if its to loose.

Old 02-02-2006, 12:08 PM
Trailblazer

What's the correct tension for the chain with the tensioner? I thought that was the purpose of the tensioner.

What happens is as torque is applied and the rear end squats, the chain drops down and hits the bottom of the chain guard. Tensioner appears to be working fine, the springs are intact and the sprockets on the inner side of the chain pushing outwards. I guess I should try tightening the chain to the point that it doesn't rub.

Jim

Old 02-02-2006, 12:36 PM
Pro Rider

What's the correct tension for the chain with the tensioner? I thought that was the purpose of the tensioner.

What happens is as torque is applied and the rear end squats, the chain drops down and hits the bottom of the chain guard. Tensioner appears to be working fine, the springs are intact and the sprockets on the inner side of the chain pushing outwards. I guess I should try tightening the chain to the point that it doesn't rub.

Jim
im just guessing, but i sounds like the chain does need tightning. let us know !!

Old 02-03-2006, 08:57 PM
Trailblazer

happydad you were right. Tightened the chain and no more interference.

Also have reinforced the battery box as we broke the bottom out of it on the second ride. For a quick fix I wrapped a thin metal plate around the front, bottom and back and riveted it in place and then fiberglassed the outside of the box and painted it. If that doesn't hold up then I'll weld up a bracket and bolt or weld it to the frame.

Thanks again for the help I really appreciate it!

Jim

Old 02-04-2006, 01:59 PM
Pro Rider

happydad you were right. Tightened the chain and no more interference.

Also have reinforced the battery box as we broke the bottom out of it on the second ride. For a quick fix I wrapped a thin metal plate around the front, bottom and back and riveted it in place and then fiberglassed the outside of the box and painted it. If that doesn't hold up then I'll weld up a bracket and bolt or weld it to the frame.

Thanks again for the help I really appreciate it!

Jim
hey lotus my battery box took a dump as well, took the angle iron from the crate a fabbed a new box. the bat sits in the same spot. so i had to cut the old batt. box out of the plastic. but the battery no longer flops around. im prolly goin to do the same thing to myfalcon110 and my dingo as well. have fun ridn. check in on monday. joe.

Old 02-04-2006, 03:05 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

When I saw that the battery did not fit snug in the battery box I took some foam and lined the box and slid the battery in tight. Have had no problems with none of my China quads. I know with all the bouncing around the box would not stand up to the abuse.

Quick Reply: Adult Falcon 250 questions