Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

MWQ gets a Jetmoto 200 quad!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 09:47 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts
Default MWQ gets a Jetmoto 200 quad!!

Those of you that know me are probubly thinking....why would mwq get a jetmoto 200? Great question!! Well John at race way asked me if I would do him a favor and make up a assy guide for a jetmoto 200. He said he would ship me one and I could put it together while making notes. I was eager to help John out but figured the Jetmoto 200 was just another under powered, poorly suspended chinese quad. Great for entry level, but nothing serious.
I was pleasantly suprised once I got it running. It took a lot longer to make notes while doing the assy than I thought so I was pretty anxious to fire up the 200. I did need to raise the idle to get it to idle well but this quad sounds the part. It is actually sort of loud and has a neat bark to it. It is advertised as a 5 speed, but that means it has 4 forward gears and 1 reverse. you get to reverse by shifting the lever down(where i expected first to be) At this point the light on the dash lights up and the quad starts beeping. The four forward gears are up in the pattern. I tried to shift into reverse while going forward, and into first while moving backwards, but it wont shift if its moving.
This is the quad that I think most people hoped they were getting when they bought a 150. My wife rode it and absolutely loved it. The suspension is light years ahead of her yamoto(even with the mods Ive done) and this quad makes some serious power compared to the Yamoto 150 too. As I get more time on it I will report the good, bad and the ugly as it occurs.

Old 02-15-2006, 10:53 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you have any pics? Is it the same size as a 110 or 150 or actually bigger?

I'd like to see pics with an adult on it. I rode an Akuma 200cc import quad last year. I'm only 5'9" tall, but I felt like a GIANT on that thing. It had single a-arm suspension and some other issues. It was decently fast, but that much power on that tiny frame was dangerous.

Aaron

Old 02-15-2006, 05:50 PM
Pro Rider

What is the price on the 200? My wife is starting to get interested, and that may be a good one to get.

Old 02-15-2006, 07:24 PM
Trailblazer

The picture on the Jetmoto website looks like it is similar to the Redcat vx200 I have. Is it air cooled ? The Redcat is liquid cooled.

Old 02-15-2006, 07:50 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

One of the things I like is that it does not have the reverse gear on the rear axle.

Old 02-15-2006, 09:53 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Originally posted by: ATSAaron
Do you have any pics? Is it the same size as a 110 or 150 or actually bigger?

I'd like to see pics with an adult on it. I rode an Akuma 200cc import quad last year. I'm only 5'9" tall, but I felt like a GIANT on that thing. It had single a-arm suspension and some other issues. It was decently fast, but that much power on that tiny frame was dangerous.

Aaron
I dont have any pics yet of the one I have but I will try and get some up this weekend. It is basically the same size as the Yamoto 150, but is a little taller because of the better longer travel suspension. It is 1" taller between the foot pegs and the seat compared to the Yamoto, but shares the same plastic and seat as the Yamoto. The foot pegs alsl seem stiffer than the yamoto too. Here is some dimensions I took from each quad. Width o/s of rear tires Y=35" J=39" Width o/s of front tires Y=33" J=38.5" Height at rear of seat Y=29" J=30" Height at front of plastic body work. Y=21.5" J=24.25" Ground clearance under frame Y=4.5" J=8.5" Ground clearance under rear axle guard Y=2.75 J=4.5"
I will have to spend more time with this quad but it does feel fairly stable but Im wondering what it would be like with wheel spacers. It does make some serious power compared to the Yamoto but the chassis/suspension seems to be up to the task. It has no similarities with the Yamoto at all. I will know more about the suspension when I get it registered and take it to one of my riding areas. I

Old 02-15-2006, 09:54 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Originally posted by: RAMTechRC
What is the price on the 200? My wife is starting to get interested, and that may be a good one to get.
I thinb it lists for around 1800.00, but I am sure it will sell for less.

Old 02-15-2006, 09:55 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Originally posted by: Propertymaint
The picture on the Jetmoto website looks like it is similar to the Redcat vx200 I have. Is it air cooled ? The Redcat is liquid cooled.
Yes it is air cooled and it has a switch activated fan in front of the cylinder. I guess you might want to use it when riding slow.

Old 02-15-2006, 10:00 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Originally posted by: smb05
One of the things I like is that it does not have the reverse gear on the rear axle.
I havnt heard to many good things about that axle set up. I cant imagine it could be all that strong. With the beeper and the light there is no mistaking your in reverse on this quad. When I was going for my first ride I shifted down(where I thought first would be) The R light lit up and there was this beeping sound, it kind of freaked me out. The wife doesnt like the beeper and wants me to disconnect it. Does anyone know if other quads have back up beepers?

Old 02-16-2006, 01:16 AM
Trailblazer

ive read some on ebay with reverse "signal" and remote start and kill and all sorts of extra electrics to go wrong. let us know about jetmoto i am looking to get my girlfriend a 150 redcat but hey if jetmoto is making a decent bike...maybe.

Quick Reply: MWQ gets a Jetmoto 200 quad!!