Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Help - speed issue with Polaris Preditor 50

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 12:38 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help - speed issue with Polaris Preditor 50

I have an 05 preditor 50 that my son rides. Is there any way to make it go any faster. I have removed the little jumper clip on the rev limiter as the user manual instructs to, but it is still limiting the quad to under 15 mph. Does anyone know if there is a way to take the limiter out completely??

Old 02-27-2006, 01:59 PM
Weekend Warrior

bigger main jet, pipe and clutch kit from hetrick will turn it into quite the little rocket ship.

Old 03-04-2006, 03:37 PM
Weekend Warrior

A very simple sulution is to go out and buy a Polaris 90 CDI box and just switch them. the box is about 35 dollars at any Polaris dealer. you will double the speed... I know from experiance.

Old 03-04-2006, 09:50 PM
"One Wheel Short"
slow day around the orafice I see!

Originally posted by: Snail
A very simple sulution is to go out and buy a Polaris 90 CDI box and just switch them. the box is about 35 dollars at any Polaris dealer. you will double the speed... I know from experiance.
the polaris dealer out here quoted me $107.79 for that CDI .....................where did u get yours at? what part number did u buy?

Old 03-05-2006, 09:18 AM
Pro Rider
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

As another suggestion, contact Billy Holt at WRH Racing. Contact details within: http://www.wrhracing.net/contact_us

When given the opportunity, he can turn your Pred-50 into an intant wheelie machine. Not too sure if you want that much power gain but for a list of recommend upgrades (based on your unique riding conditions), give him a call. If wondering, CDI, CVT/Clutch and Pipe, Air filter and carb adjustments are the needed mods. Some folks dump the 50cc head and install a 70cc upgrade kit. Thus, obtaining even more power out of this little beast.

Hope this helps as well...

Old 03-05-2006, 09:59 AM
Weekend Warrior

Try this guy also:

Eddie Wilkins
Lucky 7 Racing
866-805-6330

Old 03-05-2006, 10:14 AM
Weekend Warrior

Also, by the way, the Polaris mini CDI boxes are over $100 everywhere I've looked. I usually order parts from Bikebandit.com because it's just easier than chasing things around locally, especially if the bike isn't down hard.

No matter how fast the engine revs, the 50cc bike is still limited in speed by gearing. The mods from the performance guys simply improve response, torque, and hp (well worth the investment). But, speed will always be limited by the gearing at some point.

Having said this, your 50cc is capable of well above 15mph. I get much more than that out of our 2001 Scrambler 50 with me on it (I'm about 200 lbs)!!!!! Maybe you have a problem with that bike? Or, another limiter on that bike is the throttle limiter screw. It's a screw on the throttle assembly that blocks movement of the thumb throttle to limit speed. It should be screwed all the way out (but, not removed) for full speed. My son's Sportsman 90 came from the dealer at about 3/4 out.

We've delayed buying another 50cc because they are so small. The 2001 Scrambler 50 was the same size as the 90's, so we've hung onto this one. The size allows easy mods, especially pipes. Let me know how well your newer 50 accepts mods, if you decide to go that route.

Good Luck!

Old 03-05-2006, 03:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: maggiesboy
the polaris dealer out here quoted me $107.79 for that CDI .....................where did u get yours at? what part number did u buy?

Old 03-05-2006, 03:43 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: maggiesboy

I'm from Southern California, I got the CDI box From Bert's Mega Mall in the city of Covina. This was suggested to me by another rider out in the desert.

The numbers on the Cdi box are

AT-31
QC Pass
S010625

Good luck

Old 03-05-2006, 07:45 PM
Pro Rider

Snail, do you know your actual top speed now? I'm selling my Alpha Sports 50, but if I can get it to 30mpph, I'll probably keep it.

Quick Reply: Help - speed issue with Polaris Preditor 50