Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

best low end / power preditor 90 vs eton 90

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 10:36 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best low end / power preditor 90 vs eton 90

I m new totis site and love it. I own a eton 50 and it has great low end power. ( this is for my 5 year old) Now i was looking for a 90cc for my 9 yr old (and me haha). I was going to go with the eton 90 because i like the low end power with the 50 and figure the 90 had to be even better, but like the look of the preditor 90( but didn't want to sacrifice power. You guys help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 03-29-2006, 10:56 PM
Trailblazer

Hello, My 8yr old daughter has a 2005 Polaris Predator 90 and it is great! We have it modded out and it is one very fast machine. My daughter was the first one at the local track to constantly race a Polaris 90. Everyone thought it wasn't going to be a good machine, but we proved them all wrong! Last year she ran the machine with just a pipe and clutch kit and it was still FAST! Even when my daughter had just a stock machine, she still was always in the top 3 in the holeshot. It's an awesome little quad!

Old 03-29-2006, 11:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

thanks 4 the reply did u race it against any eton viper 90 and was it able to pull an adult (195lb)up steep hills my eton viper 50 pulls me with no problem.

Old 03-29-2006, 11:06 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The engines are so similar I can't see how one would really have a major advantage over the other except the Pred has a restricted CDI.

Old 03-29-2006, 11:15 PM
Pro Rider

My son rides an 04 Viper and his cousin has an 02 Scrambler X(same as the pred but with older style plastic).The bikes are pretty much even in a short drag race but I always noticed the Scrambler would seem to spin the tires further on take off.I think the Polaris has a tiny bit more torque because it is a true 90cc engine where the Eton is actually only 82ccs.The Viper has a bigger carb so it makes up the power on the top end...Personally I wouldn't trade the Viper for the Polaris.The Polaris seem to have quite a few electrical problems.The Vipers are very reliable and have a super hydraulic rear brake....When it comes right down to just power I think either bike would make you happy.

Old 03-29-2006, 11:24 PM
Trailblazer

Hello, The Polaris 90 should pull you fine. As far as the e-ton. we did race against one e-ton, but it was a 50 bored out to a 70. Obviously, the Polaris was faster. She never raced against a stock 90cc e-ton. I cannot really comment on the e-ton because I don't know enough about them.

In regards to Raptorlegs comment, the stock Predator did get great holeshots. When we purchased the Hotseat pipe and clutch kit, we did have to get a new cdi box to get maximum performance out of the pipe kit. Any time you purchase a performance pipe kit, they are always going to recommend a new CDI box for maximum performance.

ddddub - you have to admit, the Predator is much better looking! I don't know what the e-ton has, but the 2005 & 2006 Predators have reverse. That is sweet! My daughter is a very petite 8yr old. When she would get caught up with other quads, the other riders would get off their machines and have difficulty pulling their machines apart. My daughter would just put hers in reverse and then off she would go! If you trail ride, how many times have you gone down a new (tight) trail only to find out that it is a dead end? Boy does reverse come in handy in that situation!

If you want to add Mods, call Hetrick Racing. (www.hetrickracing.com) they can set you up! I had the Hotseat Performance Pipe Kit on my daughter's quad last year and it was nice (although you have to remove the kickstart) but when I switched to the Hetrick Pipe, WOW what a difference!

Good luck making your decision!

Old 03-29-2006, 11:58 PM
Range Rover

The preditor also has a differently cut head chamber which might make a little more power in addition to it being more cc's. We have a Eton 90 and It has its drawbacks as do all the asian mini's. From years of reading these forums there are a couple of things I keep seeing about the preds that would keep me from getting one. The electrical problems is first on the list, hard for the average guy to diagnose. Second would be the frames cracking.It really depends on your abilities and how it's going to be riden by the kid which one would be better suited for you.

Old 03-30-2006, 04:49 PM
Weekend Warrior

thanks 4 all the help i guess its what ever one feel comfortable to my daughter

Old 03-31-2006, 12:25 PM
Pro Rider

The question was "Best lowend power" even at 82.5ccs the Eton has more lowend than a pred 90. I'm no Eton dealer or lover I'm just answering your question. The difference in cc's is the Eton has a 50mm bore and the pred has a 52. I honestly can tell you why the Eton has more torque/lowend. It is also geared higher(28 tooth rear sprocket) vs the preds 35 so you would think it would have less power off the line. Dont bag on me you polaris guys we have 3 of our own and no Eton.