Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Baja 90cc & Pep Boys

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2006 | 01:54 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default Baja 90cc & Pep Boys

I need to know if anyone out there has had trouble with BAJA and Pep Boys. I bought a 90cc atv for my son in Nov. 2005 and it will not run. I am waiting of parts. I am tired of waiting we are missing pretty day to ride!!! Pep Boys is no help what so ever and Baja is giving us the run around. We are fixing to give it up and go with a reliable name. BAJA does not stand behind their product.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 04-04-2006 | 05:48 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!

Beca, I'm sorry you are getting the run around trying to get your Baja fixed. Unfortunately, most if not all Pep Boys just sell the bikes, they don't stock parts or service them and seem to be of little help when your Baja breaks down. There are a few threads on here regarding Baja(and similar) product. You may want to read those and maybe even PM some of the more knowledgeable members here on the forum for help. Good luck with your quad, we sure have had some nice days to ride in my neck of the woods recently.

Old 04-04-2006 | 09:02 PM
Pro Rider

NO the retailer won't be getting you parts. You have to go directly through Baja, phone thier 1 -800 number.

What's wrong with it and what parts are you in need of to get it going. Quite of few of us on here own the baja 90's so we could probably help you out.

Old 04-04-2006 | 09:33 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Welcome to the forum Beca. Fascinating that a auto parts store would only sell the quad and not the parts. Sort of ridiculous if you ask me. Its not like they dont sell parts already. Id be mad too!

If you give these guys some more info Im sure they would be glad to help you out.

Old 04-05-2006 | 01:42 PM
Trailblazer

I've been watching the same thing happen in the compact tractor market. If you order enough, these Chineese producers will give you your own brand name, tractor, atv, whatever. As larger dealers become established, like Raceway ATS's or HighRPMRacer for example, they will be the source of warranty parts. Places like PepBoys, Walmart, BJ's, Costco, etc will sell gocarts, atv's, and minibikes, but they won't service them or support the warranty.

One of the big arguements against Chineese tractors was parts availability. As more and more of these machines are being sold, used and new part inventories are growing. Same is happening with the atv market. There are a handfull of dealers who are now stocking spare parts.

Funny story: I recently visited my in-laws and while driving through their small town I saw a sign "Pet Supplies and Motor Sports". Interesting combination. The guy is primarially a pet store, but buys mini choppers, dirt bikes, and atv's on eBay and sells them from his sidewalk. Needless to say, he has no intention of supporting any warranty claims. Hell, he doesn't even have a compressor to fill up your tires!

Doug

Old 04-05-2006 | 02:19 PM
|
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the input. We got our money back yesterday. This weekend we're getting a Honda.

Old 04-05-2006 | 02:23 PM
|
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the imput. We got our money refunded. I guess the it's that sqeeky wheel thing. Anyway, this weekend we're getting a Honda. I hope we have a pretty weekend.

Old 04-05-2006 | 03:25 PM
Pro Rider

Wow they gave you your money back after 5 months!!!

What the heck was wrong with it that it sat for so long??? Care to share with us so we all know what to expect on our BAJA 90's??

Old 04-05-2006 | 06:40 PM
|
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for your input. We got a refund and getting a honda. I appreciate your help.

Old 04-05-2006 | 08:28 PM
Pro Rider

Sounds like Becas only responce is "Thanks for the input, we got our money back and were getting a Honda" Tell us one more time 3 times wasnt enough.

Quick Reply: Baja 90cc & Pep Boys