Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Kazuma / Redcat Adult ATV 250 Quad

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2006, 12:36 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kazuma / Redcat Adult ATV 250 Quad

Forgot...as you know I have a 1983 Honda Big Red 3 wheeler, I ride it and trust it. I guess I will be keeping it longer than I wanted[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I have a 24 year old ATC or a brand new Kazuma / Redcat Adult ATV 250??? Looks like I'm going hanging on to Big Red for awhile[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

My daughter's REDCAT VX-80 has been running strong (battery died)... I hope this continues to run like it is! Or, does anyone have issues with this quad. I really like it. SEADAWG

Old 04-15-2006, 12:40 PM
Pro Rider

Cowgirl,
The CVT is the same, but the Adult weighs much more and yours is faster and quicker on low end. Anyway, answer my question[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]... would you do it over again? SEADAWG

Old 04-15-2006, 02:35 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

SEADAWG,

I am sorry to you are so unhappy with your Adult Kazuma 250. Here is the thing, Kazuma is not going to come up with the repairs or the after market parts for you. It is going to be up to you to upgrade your quad. There are a lot of people trying to help you, but you just keep complaining about Kazuma and the quad you bought. There are plenty of things you can do to make your quad perform better. Take everyone's advice, because it is good advice and fix your quad yourself. No one else is going to do it for you.(unless you want to pay top dollar for labor) I'm sorry this sounds so harsh but the complaining is going to get you nowhere. Also I have to agree with the person who said you have a good quad there. I also think your quad has a lot of potential.

Once you get the quad to preform the way it should, share this information with others let them know what you did and how you got there. Make your purchase a positive one not just the negative issues you are having.

Reread all your post and the advice people are trying to give you. They have already answered your questions on how to get better performance out of your quad. Heck, if was mine I would have already put a new pipe on it, rejetted or replaced the carb all together, new air filter, opened up the air box if it has one, installed new roller weights in the CVT, looked for and upgrade on the contra spring, looked into an upgrade on the clutch in the CVT, looked into new sprockets front and rear. The list could go on and on.

All the upgrades are easy to install. If you have any problems just ask, because the good people here in the forums will help you.

This is just one forum, browse through the other forums. There are a lot of people with top dollar quads that are asking the same questions. They ask what upgrades can I do to my quad and how can I make my quad go faster. The help is out there.

Other than that stop complaining and fix the quad. Or maybe sell the quad at a lose and buy the quad you think you should be riding. But next time don't buy the cheapest thing you can find. Just like a lot of people will say, You get what you pay for or you can't get something for free. And at $1800.00 compared to $4000.00 or $5000.00(new quad pricing not used) for a comparable 250 this holds true. Heck with the money you spent on the Kazuma you have plenty of money to upgrade if you think about it.

I know I don't make many friends with posts like this, but someone has to tell it like it is.

I hope your next purchase is a positive one.

Good Luck,

SB.

Old 04-15-2006, 03:19 PM
Pro Rider

kazuma did not design these engines, they were designed by honda and used as scooter engines, a few years back honda sold the tooling to the chainese, thats just one reason why their quit cheaper than the japs, their's not a lot of high perfornance parts for these engines, you can buy a regound cam, ,k&n air filters, rollers weights, rejet, change the muffler, porting , thats just about it. if you don't want to work on the atv yourself take to a service center and have them change the roller weights shouldn't cost more than 80-90 dollars to have them do it, well worth the money, also what else i would do since you're complaining of being cold nature is to change the pilot jet, right now i think its a #38, i'd change it to a 42 maybe a 45, that will make it start and run better when cold.

Old 04-15-2006, 03:55 PM
Pro Rider

if you need more information on how to change the roller weights , learn how the cvt transmissin works or any mods for the 250, go to www.buggynews.com.

Old 04-15-2006, 08:34 PM
Pro Rider

All,
What you take as complaining is a warning for others. Like I said in my previous threads, the Redcat VX-80 is great, awesome and has kicked butt. I was thinking that the if they made the 80cc the 250cc must have been as good. I can do many things. Please don't think I have not taken your advice. I just talk to the local dealer an hour ago. I have rejetted, new air filter, udjusted the valves...the only thing I haven't done is the rollers on the transmission. This is beyond my capabilities.
As for Kazuma not coming up with it or the aftermarket. This will be the death of the company regardless of the price. When you get something new and it is so flawed, people will not come back to the well. As you say, buy this, buy that ...I have many toys. You don't hear me crying about any of them. When I buy something for my others, I can go to the web and under the make, model and year come up with a plethora of parts and work arounds. These...you have to match to something and hope it is right. That is why I'm here.
The dealer is going to do what you said with the rollers and see if that helps. Shooooot, I just want to ride!
After talking with the dealer today in Gorst Washington, he said due to the complaints, he quit carrying all Kazuma / Redcat ATV 250. The smaller ones were doing well with limited complaints.
So, please know this ain't crying...I want to help others and if this stuff would have been out there...I'd saved $$$!

Old 04-15-2006, 08:49 PM
Pro Rider

smb05,
Since you have done all the research and have all the answers...you could become rich off of these Chineses quads. Think about it, start your own business and get on the web. Sort your parts from your research and break it down by years and models. This proven methods will be invaluable to the rest of us mortals...plus, you will make big bucks. Do a 15% mark up and you'll move some material. Money talks. SEADAWG

Old 04-15-2006, 10:00 PM
Pro Rider

SEADAWG,

Like I said, I don't make many friends in these posts, but I'm not complaining about what I purchased. I knew before hand what I was getting in to when I bought a Chinese quad. I don't have all the answers but all I see you doing is complaining. The upgrades I have done to my quad were from parts I already owned from other toys. For the most part the things I listed for you to upgrade are pretty much common upgrades to any machine to achieve better performance.

As far as aftermarket parts for a Chinese quad you are going to be on your own. Big Gun, Pro Circuit, Hinson, Barrett, EBC, Race Tech or any other aftermarket company will most likely not make any aftermarket parts for any Chinese quad. But again you never know. The thing is the aftermarket parts have already been made. For parts that will work for your application you just need to research then upgrade, its not that hard. Just because the part is not made for your particular model doesn't mean it won't work. And obviously there are parts that just don't work.

If you have limited ability doing upgrades or just don't like to wrench on your toys then maybe you should have purchased the NAME BRAND quad. For me personally if I had bought the Adult 250 like you did I would have enjoyed the challenge of making the quad preform better.

As far as your remark about me selling upgrades, parts or what ever your talking about this is just a hobby for me and when things do not work right for me I like to fix them. But I will never complain about them. You can warn and talk to as many people you like about your quad but the thing is your the one who bought it know one else did. So what ever makes you feel better about your purchase and what ever excuses you can come up with to make yourself feel better about your purchase your still the who purchased the quad. So either fix it and let others know what was done or sell it and be done with it. Again for any one out there wanting to puchase something that seems like a good deal, maybe think twice. Buyer beware.

Old 04-15-2006, 10:11 PM
Pro Rider

Do you understand that I'm educating others. I could care less about the Chinese quad...money is gone. I have many others to enjoy. Since I'm more fortunate than others, I don't want people with limited means buying one. I can turn wrenches ....I just never owned one with the CVT Tranny. Please stop making me look like I'm a cry baby. Educating people on there purchases in as american as apple pie. Bottom line...if they want to be grease monkeys and work on their quads, then they should follow you. Remember, they say on the web site as long as you can turn a little wrenches, you'll be fine. They should change it to: if you don't mind sitting in your garage and don't have a life, then buy one and enjoy working on them....tweaking them and etc. I want to ride and enjoy myself and don't want to hear your condesending lectures.
Dude, do you conduct yourself the same way with people in person? Your disclaimer about not making friends on this site is an understatement. Please leave your abuse limited to your household and those closes to you.
I guess if I was on the market and was going to spend $2500.00... I bet they'd listen to me and my warnings. Yea, I want to spend $2500.00 on one, buy a new carb, put new rollers in the tranny, new air filter, new carb and adjust the valves and on and on and on! Who is the fool? I could burn mine now and laugh[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-15-2006, 11:16 PM
Pro Rider

SEADAWG,

I honestly would rather see a post from a person that says I had this type of problem, but I did this or that and corrected it. You have repeatedly stated the same problems and so far I have not seen any updates from you on the quad. Kazuma/Redcat After Market Needed All I'm saying is the best thing to do is to spend a little time on the quad, make it better, let everyone know what you did and then maybe others will not be discouraged from buying the same product knowing that they can make it better.

Again I'm just telling it like it is. You aren't educating anyone you are discouraging them in a negative way. Everyone who comes here reads the posts and when one is interested in purchasing a Chinese quad they find out that they are going to have to wrench on them no matter what. Not only that, you are not doing Kazuma or Redcat any favors by posting buyer beware. Even though you praise your VX 80, your still posting negative responses about another product they sell. You may make some people not buy either model. Sure your 250 may not perform the way you would like it to but there is always a solution to the problem. There are name brand mini's that are built with speed restrictions in them, and there are remedies for them also. This not to say that is what Kazuma did to yours.

You have a good quad there, try to make it better. Make your quad a positive experience for you and others and let them know how you did it. Not one that is negative.

Good Luck.

SB

Quick Reply: Kazuma / Redcat Adult ATV 250 Quad