Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Kazuma / Redcat Adult ATV 250 Quad

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2006, 10:51 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kazuma / Redcat Adult ATV 250 Quad

You have a good quad there, try to make it better. Make your quad a positive experience for you and others and let them know how you did it. Not one that is negative.

Good Luck.

SB[/quote]

can u shut up because seadwg is trying to help other people. Not make it negative, u make it negative, i dont beleive after evrything he has said that u can write how he is making it so bad. Why dont you just keep your mouth shut or try to help him.

SEADAWG - You can try to see if another 250cc pipe would work for it, buy a new carb, (bigger and bigger air filter) and rejet that puppy. Dont tear into it.. it will run much better with just pipe carb and filter. If you dont know how to go into an engine, you will probobly just break it trying, Trust me, I KNOW [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-16-2006, 12:57 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

paintballbanshee,

Take the time to read the entire post. You just said the same thing that was recommended to him for mods 2 months ago.

Here is what I'm saying. You bought a quad that does not perform well. Either sell it or fix it but don't try to hurt another companies rep because of some misfortune. Not every model is going to be the best. Hopefully the following year they will fix the issue the quads may be having.

How are you helping the problem if you had read the post as opposed to attacking me. You just repeated what was already recommended. Also I'm not the one insulting the good people who like to work on projects in their garages and from what it sounds like, that includes you. I'm not insulting anyone. I tried to help out. It's too bad that people like to jump on each other versus taking advise and running with it. Advise is just that, you can take it or leave it, but in these forums, if you don't take it, don't complain, try something else or don't post at all. No one wants to hear the constant, "It doesn't work". Most of us here are having fun working on our quads. Heck, many of us bought them only to beat on them, fix them, mod them and beat on them some more.

Maybe he should just post what he has done, if anything to the quad and he can go from there. Each of us is just trying to help him make the quad better not only for him, but for others who can benefit from the mods.

SB

Old 04-16-2006, 12:59 PM
Pro Rider

Sir,
I have found a pipe and I'm researching the carb. I did get the bigger jet and that didn't work. No worries. Iwill try everything.

Also, I'm a grease monkey too. I love to see results from my labor. To say that I'm hurting dealers is crazy....my dealer stop selling them 'cause the factory is putting our bad products. When you buy a Honda 400 or whatever, they have an average in quality...if you buy this, this will most likely happen. If Kazuma and Redcat don't have this quality norm that can be put on a stats chart, shame on them. I want the company to be better. Also, I have personally talk to the other guys (250 cc models) that bought them through the dealer here. There is one consistancy, they all have sucked. The dealer here is upset too...it hurts him. He is going to another company due to the lack of response from the company.

There lack of reaction to the customer will be there downfall. Maybe we should use this forum to get the company more responsive than attacking each other? SEADAWG

Also, this will be my last response on the thread. I'll post my issues on a new thread. Please don't respond, I know you think I'm dumb and a fool. Lets just keep it that way so others don't have to be involved.

Old 04-16-2006, 03:15 PM
Pro Rider

i can't belived what i'm reading seadawg, warning others ? so what i hearing from you is not to buy anything with a 250 engine made in china? honda made these engines since the early 80's and you're complaining that kazuma should have all the after market parts for them, kazuma buys these engines from another chinese manufacturer, this manufacture makes the engine the same as honda use to. they didn't change anything including the roller weights in the variator, you could go down to your honda dealer and buy replacement parts for this engine. this 250 is used buy at least 90% of all 250 motorcycles,atv, scooters, and buggies being made in china. so why are you blaming kazuma for lack of performance parts? why not honda? or the after market manufactors? as far as the carbuators being junk, i bet it work fine until you installed the k&n airfilter, then it began hard starting and cold natured, and i bet all you did was changed the main jet, if you want to know what jets to use pm me and i'll be more than happy to tell you. their's nothing wrong with these carbuators if the jetting correct. my peirspeed is a 250 and i have it jetted correctly, i can start it and gas it right away and does not stall, doesn't back fire , it just goes. one more thing if you can change oil and have a 8mm and a 18 or 19mm socket you should be able to change the roller weights without a problem. if you want more information on how to do it let me know. this is a great and very reliable engine as it should be it's been around almost 30 years.

Old 04-16-2006, 05:41 PM
Pro Rider

I hope everyone has a Happy Easter. SEADAWG

Old 04-17-2006, 01:25 AM
Weekend Warrior

Is it possible to do a engine swap with the adult falcon 250 i will trade my 2001 400ex hybrid for the adult falcon 250 and a big bore 4 stroke engine that will fit

Old 04-17-2006, 02:27 PM
Pro Rider

seadawg i really don't think you're dumb or a fool , just disappoint. remember were here to help you and not judge you, i was the same way when i first drove my peirspeed , their's no low end torque on these engines, but you can change that by changing the rollers, i went from the stock 21gr rollers to 15gr sliders not only did it help the bottom end performance it also increased top speed by 1.3mph. i'm very please with the engine now and think once you do this change yourself and rejet correctly you'll reget saying anything negative about your kazuma.

bill

Old 04-17-2006, 06:48 PM
Pro Rider

seadawg, dont burn your atv yet, i could use the transmission[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] j/k. after playing w/ this quad for a few months i have had to do some things to it but most has been very straight foward. i am convinced that the roller weights are the key. i am going to remove one again and re check my measurments and weight. and search for new lighter ones. i will keep you posted of the results as i come across them.

Old 04-17-2006, 11:25 PM
Pro Rider

Guys,
The dealer read the post and thinks he can fix it. Additionally, he will walk me through the CVT and we're going to see what we can do. Honestly, we are not given up and there is great advice on here. I'm thinking he'll make it fly and I can sell Big Red finally[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Thanks everyone and hope you had a Happy Easter. SEADAWG

Old 04-18-2006, 08:12 AM
Pro Rider

goood luck seadawg!! Hey maybe you can put that thing on a diet??

Quick Reply: Kazuma / Redcat Adult ATV 250 Quad