Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Kazuma / Redcat Adult ATV 250 Quad

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 10:00 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kazuma/Redcat Adult ATV 250 Quad

All,
Just had my first weekend with my new VX-80 and the Kazuma Adult ATV 250. The Redcat 80 performed well and seem to be near Jap quality
The Adult 250 is simply a POS. It has no real power, takes forever to warm up, is cold blooded and just poorly engineered. I try to keep an open mind. I love toys and wanted to give it its due. However, I can't believe they let this thing out of the factory. Did they test ride this thing before they sold it? Did the check and ensure that it performed. It looks great, the susp. is very good...but the power just sucks. I have adjusted the valves, the carb, the chain, tried the pinching the intake thing....please, it is all a joke. When so much has to be done to get a quad going it is not worth it.

Kazuma, if you want to be a real company in the future...you need to stand up on this model. You have produced good quality quads...how the heck did this get out of your factory? I'm clueless...did they ride the thing? Anyway, you must do the right thing. This is not a distributor problem, this is a design problem period! Shame!

Kazuma/Redcat- creat a carb and power kit ASAP that will make up for this design flaw. My wife is so pissed that she got her old Kawasaki back. She stuck me with her new one...the Adult 250! Anyway, if you want to suceed in the future, you need to make this right. Your other models seem to do well and you have made right your past problems. Again, warning, stay away from this model. SEADAWG. I have all the data to support this statement.

Old 04-11-2006, 12:25 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Kazuma / Redcat Adult ATV 250 Quad

Seadawg,

Why did you not go with JetMoto? I know Kazuma has been pretty good for the smaller quads but from everything that I hae seen and read the adult Kazumas are not up to par. I had a Kazuma falcon 110 for my son and I was not impressed with it so I went with the Yamoto. I still have the Yamoto.

Old 04-11-2006, 12:27 AM
Pro Rider

2manytoys,
Amen...I'm happy you like it. I thought the info was good. I rode the regular 250 and it was good. I just want to warn others. I only hope they come up with some kit so I can salvage my money. Sounds like your research was better than mine[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] SEADAWG

Old 04-13-2006, 01:31 PM
Pro Rider

The transmission on my sons adult falcon exploded. I called Highrpmracer, (the place I purchased it from), about a week ago. yesterday Ron called me told me that the transmissions fore these are scarce right now, but they are on the way. I too have had to do stuff to the 250, kinda frustrateing about the power thing tho. My wifes dingo 150 wii hold its own against it. well Ron said he would be in touch w/ me. so i`ll keep you posted.

Old 04-13-2006, 04:54 PM
Pro Rider

seadawg, you have a great atc, what you need to do is replace the heavy roller weights in the variator to lighter ones, this is a simple job takes around 30 minutes and costs about 20 dollars, this is best performance mod you can make . what this will do is keep it in a lower gear where the power band of the engine is. once you do this i'll guarantee you're be much more happier with the 250. it's like nite and day.

Old 04-13-2006, 11:02 PM
Trailblazer

Is the adult 250 trans the same as the regular 250 trans?

Old 04-14-2006, 03:47 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: billl2099
seadawg, you have a great atc, what you need to do is replace the heavy roller weights in the variator to lighter ones, this is a simple job takes around 30 minutes and costs about 20 dollars, this is best performance mod you can make . what this will do is keep it in a lower gear where the power band of the engine is. once you do this i'll guarantee you're be much more happier with the 250. it's like nite and day.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]bill2099, I took the variator off and measued and wieghed the roller wieghts. I seached for quite sometime and was unable to come up w/ any roller wieghts that size! do you by chance know where we could purchase them?

Old 04-14-2006, 03:51 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: happydad
Originally posted by: billl2099
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]bill2099, I took the variator off and measued and wieghed the roller wieghts. I seached for quite sometime and was unable to come up w/ any roller wieghts that size! do you by chance know where we could purchase them?
I belive it is different. but I am not positive. I will try to find out.

Old 04-14-2006, 06:38 PM
Pro Rider

try www.mrp-speed.com, or www.miamimoto.com. what size and weight did you come up with? these engines were designed for motor scooters originally. my kazuma 150 is a honda gy6 clone, my 250 buggy is a honda cn250 clone. both made for honda motor scooters. let me know what you measured and i'll look around for you.

Old 04-15-2006, 12:32 PM
Pro Rider

All,
Thanks for the advice. It is just that I have never worked on a new ATV/Dirtbike/Motorcycle or car like this thing. What needs to happen is Redcat / Kazuma come up with aftermarket fixes. They should have carbs, auto-trans weight rollers and fixes for their flawed engineering. If people keep getting burnt, they will die. By creating aftermarket fixes they can improve their future product line. As I stated before, I can't believe the engineers let this thing out of the factory. However, now that I have spent the money...I'm screwed. I can't sell it without considerable loss (once they ride it), I can't give it back to the company under some lemon law and I can't buy aftermarket parts to make it right. At this point, I would lose some money just to be able to trust it. Kazuma / Redcat need to fix this and other problems. Seadawg Out

Quick Reply: Kazuma / Redcat Adult ATV 250 Quad