Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Anyone ever heard of "BamX"? (Temoto, I think)

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 12:43 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Anyone ever heard of "BamX"? (Temoto, I think)

Originally posted by: pwcman1
Hello, I, the builder Of BamX ATV's, and yes we are a factory in china just like 90% of all other quads out there. I build my atv's to be a very affordable atv with quality,we offer 1 year parts and labor warranty. They are not Yamaha and Honda, there the best things on the planet! I know I cant compete with honda and yamaha, but what I can do is offfer a nice quality price point at a very afforadablre price, usally about 1/2 of Honda and yamaha. Yes we are the builder, Go to Calif. DMV and look and manufacter, we are the manufatcer of these quads. What I did tell this person, was that Tomoto is made at same factory and we share of th same parts. I've been in the motorsports business all my life and have been playing with the chinesed quads and selling them for years, so i decideed to make my own atvs so i can make with the quality I want. Yes I'm in china 4 times a year and yes we test protypes and make changes. My atvs arent perfect, but we are always making changes tio reach my level of quaility. We are not a factory that slaps a name on, you can see there are no other quads that are built and look like mine. bamxusa.com is our website and we are setting dealers all accreoss the usa. I would gladly answer any questions for anyone. I'm not here to slam anyone , just put the facts out there
pwcman1,

I have a couple of questions if you don't mind. You stated that you have a 1 year warranty on your ATV's but your web site states a 6 month limited warranty – parts only, labor is not covered warranty. Which is it?

Also do you really make your customers prove that they had a someone else put their quad together? Here a quote from your warranty The customer does not use a professional mechanic (small engine repair shop, motorcycle shop, or auto repair shop) to assemble and prep the unit prior to operation. Proof of this will be required before parts will be replaced.?

As far as I know most of us who order these Chinese quads put them together ourselves. This is so we make sure they are assembled correctly and to save on the prep fees. Anyways just thought I would ask and hopefully you can clear some of this up for potential customers. One more thing is there someplace in writing that states you have a 1 year warranty or is your web site behind on updates?

Warranty info from bamxusa.com
Warranty

Thanks for any info.

SB.

Old 05-14-2006, 09:47 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

SMB05

I was at his website and was going to ask that same thing. Then he says that he makes a atv that looks like no other now he says the quality is in his motor but it looks like most of the others. Not sure about this one!

Old 05-17-2006, 04:35 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes thats me, the "VW drag race guy". And dude, please dont take my post wrong-- I wasnt puttin' down your product at all, I was just curious about the quads because your claim that they're made BY YOU didnt jive with the "made by Tomoto" info. And still, without trying to sound offensive, if Tomoto makes the quads in China, then Im not sure how you can claim YOU make them. Do you own Tomoto? If not, then its clear Tomoto makes the quads, not BamX--- although you may have exclusive rights to them. You didnt say "share parts" or "made in the same factory", you told me Tomoto makes the quads but by your design and specs. The quads looked to me like a quality unit, and I even considered buying a couple for my kids--- but they did look much the same as many other Chinese quads Ive seen, with different stickers. BUT, Im not an authority on Chinese quads either.

Again, no offense intended, and you have quite an impressive operation up there. Ive also noticed you have opened a small lot over in Yuba City.....hows that workin out? Last time I drove by I didnt see any quads outside.

And I agree, that 1 year warrantee is rather generous, if it is as it states.

Old 05-17-2006, 05:04 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yes we offer 1 year warranty parts and labor if brought to our shop. We offer 6 months to guys on web , no questions asked. Our goal is when we build a dealer base up is to have 1 year warranty accross usa. And yes I'm in for long haul, I'm in China about 4 times a year at our factory and wanting to always improve and make new products. were not perfect but we stand behind our stuff.

Old 05-17-2006, 05:07 PM
Weekend Warrior

A person can buy from our shop in crate and still get one year warranty. We offer one year waatnys at our shop and if you buy from any of our dealers that we are currntly building you will get the same, unfortunately we offer 6 months no questions asked for our internet customers. We sell new ones in shop and dont charge any prep fees

Old 05-17-2006, 05:12 PM
Weekend Warrior

Were not new to the business and our quads are awesome price point quads we take pride in and stand behind. These quads may not be for everyone, but we are prouud of them. We stand behind our products. We have a large 15,000 sf shop and giant ware house where we stock parts for all types of atvs and work on all motorsports. We sell about 100-200 repo oems brands a year. We also sell about 100 used watewrcraft a year. We wanted a price point quad and thats why I'm in china 4 times a year. Thanks for comments.

Old 05-17-2006, 05:25 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks eric were doing awesome now the weather has let us put things out front. I'll be honest, I've sold almost 100 watercraft in the last couple of months. and atvs, we usally sell 5-10 retail a week and we ship quite a few. Like I said We use a factory together, Tomoto doesnt build our quads, we have some simliarities.. I have a office In Chongqing and we rent a shop. I'm in China about 4 times a year. We dont build quads year round, we usally tool and build 300-500 at a time, we will always makes improvemnets and changes. We out source for most parts, so yes we arec assembly most and adding our touches. I'm definely not yamaha or honda, we are just building some very good price points. We have 4 mechanics in shop and work on every make and model of motorspoorts. Also I see you like bugs, I ran a German garage for 13 years and sent restored convertibles all ove rthe world. I dont know if you remeber german auto works in yuba city, but I was the main guy there and a big german fan, i have a 400hp mercedes C32 AMG . A fun supercharged V-6 sedan, and have owned mostly german cars all of my life. My back ground has been perfornace andf thats waht got me started in this business, racing professinal and winning numerous stae natiuonal and world titles. Thanks for the comments Eric and good luck racing! If you have any questions talk to Skip or chris at caly and paqueet, they know me old days also, also ask mike walls a machinist about how many tiltes we have got, he has been to a lopt of our races. I'm retired from racing and promoting now.

Old 05-17-2006, 05:28 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

pwcman1,

That's excellent that you give a one year warranty for your in-store customers. That's a great selling feature.

From what I have found through research, I find that you are about midway between Raceway and a local dealer near me. Do you price match for comparable models?

Also, if you don't mind, I have one additional question: which of your quads are green and which are red sticker for California?

Thanks for any info.

SB

Old 05-17-2006, 09:41 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

PWc

Who builds your frames and motors?

Old 05-18-2006, 08:18 PM
Range Rover

If I remember correctly, all his quads are red sticker, but he's working on green sticker approval for certain models? FWIW, he does have a nice facility and has a very large inventory of quads in the warehouse. Obviously I cant speak to the quality of the quads, Ive not owned one--- but Id guess they're at least as good as most Chinese quads, and they look cool enough.

Quick Reply: Anyone ever heard of "BamX"? (Temoto, I think)