Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Redcat 150 help

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2006, 11:29 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Redcat 150 help

Hi guys!! I have been reading some of the posts and these forums have been a fountain of knowlege for me!! Kudo's to all!!!

I received my Redcat 150 yesterday the problem is that it came with no instructions! I am somewhat mechanically inclined and i was able to put most of it together with little trouble. My question is that the chain seems to be really tight. Should i loosen it up a little before i ride it?? Also, if someone could tell me where i could find the instructions for putting it together i would really appreciate it! I pretty sure i did everything correct but i want to make sure i didn't miss anything!! And does anyone have any suggestions for what type of oil to put in it?? I live in Utah and will be riding in pretty dusty conditions!! We get very hot and very cold weather out here!! I bought it through 1trail and i already sent them an email about the instructions but have not heard back yet!! And if someone has some sort of checklist they could give me as to what i should do before riding for the first time that would be great!! Thanks in advance!!

Old 04-22-2006, 12:16 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Redcat 150 help

Zeeke,

On alot of these quads you will not get installation instructions. They are pretty much straight forward. If you put the bars up, wheels on, bumper, nerf bars you pretty much have it. I would highly Recommend going over ALL the nuts and bolts. Locktite if you can because they will come loose. Drain the shipping oil out and use a good 15w40 oil for hot and 10w30 for cold. !trail is good to get the quad to you after the sale but good luck on the service. Raceway is the best place around to buy from because you will get 100% customer service after the sale. Even if you did not buy from raceway you can still get parts for your quad from them. Hopefully 1trail steps up. There are alot of people here that can help with just about any problem. I have been around chinese quads foe a while and will tell you what I know.

Old 04-22-2006, 12:38 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Redcat 150 help

zeeke,

Take a look here, it's not the Redcat but the same steps apply to your quad also. It will help you to verify your assembly and installation of parts.

Quad Assembly

Also make sure to do what 2manytoys recommended.

Good luck.

SB.

Old 04-22-2006, 12:52 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Redcat 150 help

smb05,

I am ordering 2 of the JetMoto 150's to add to my collection. One will be for my 8yo and the other for my 10yo nephew. When I get them I will let you know my opinion on them.

Old 04-22-2006, 01:05 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Redcat 150 help

That's great, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Keep us posted on how the quads hold up after the kids put them through some torture.

Good luck.

SB.

Old 04-22-2006, 01:09 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Redcat 150 help

Thanks for your help 2many and smb05

I did go over all of the nuts and bolt and they were all pretty tight!! I haven't started it up yet but will take your advice from previous posts and let it idle for about a half hour before revving it up!! I did buy an XL70 from Raceway that will be here Monday. I've heard nothing but good things about Raceway!! Now for my question about the chain, it is extremely tight right now and i read some posts about that being a bad thing!! Should i adjust it?? I'm hoping to take it out for a spin ASAP and i will let you guys know how things went!!

Thanks for the input, you guys are awsome!!

Also I read that it would be a good idea to put spacers on the 70. The quad is for my sons ages 6 and 8. Any idea where to get the wheel spacers and do i really need them??

Old 04-22-2006, 01:37 PM
Pro Rider
Default Redcat 150 help

zeeke
i have wheel spacers for the 70, i took them off the sunl 90 before i shipped it back to raceway, i'll sell them to you real cheap, sent me your e-mail address and i'll sent some pictures and price

bill

Old 04-22-2006, 02:24 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Redcat 150 help

zeeke,

Do adjust the chain. You do not want it tight. It should have about 1/8 to no more than 1/2 inch of play. Sounds like you are about set to ride.

Old 04-24-2006, 09:43 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Redcat 150 help

Well i got everything put together, oil changed, locktite on all bots and started it up!! It would start up but would not idle. After a few minor adjustments to the carborator it idled fine!! Let me just tell you that the idle adjustment screw for this 150 was a pain in the neck to get to!! I had to unbolt the gas tank and move it to get to it!! Otherwise everything was fine!! I took it for a little test run and it seemed to do really well!! I am going to get wheel spacers for it though, that i think is a must!! It seemed to need a lot of throttle to get going though! I'm 6'1 and 200 lbs but i felt like it just didn't have very much power!! All in all i think it did pretty good. Thanks for the help guys!!

My XL70 I purchased from Raceway should be here today!! I can't wait to get it together and let my two youngest boys go to town on it!! If anyone has any suggestions or tips for this kids quad i would love to hear from you!!

Thanks again for the help!!