Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

I GIVE ON MY KAZUMA ADULT ATV 250....POS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 12:31 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I GIVE ON MY KAZUMA ADULT ATV 250....POS!!!

Guys, I want to thank you for all the advice and trying to get me going. I give. I went from stock...and we all know I couldn't get it to idle or run at low RPMs. Many gave me advice about new carbs, pipe, k and n filter ...change the jets and do this and that. Guys, I have a POS a lemon...but I have read nothing good about this quad. Trust me, I can't believe they let this out of the factory. I'm so glad I didn't sell my ATC Big Red. Today, testing out the jets it still didn't run right. I was still working it. Then, the rubber intake split on me. I have never worked on a new quad so much... I'm a f'ing fool and I give. Please know I run my 1974 XL175 and my 1983 Big Red in the woods all the time. I have spent more time on this then I do my old ones...not even close. I'm pis____ed that I'm such a fool...I thought I get something for nothing. SEADAWG

Old 05-24-2006, 03:52 AM
Range Rover

That really sucks man, sorry to hear it. These Kazumas (and other brands) seem to be a hit-and-miss, some work fantastic for years while others wont work worth a damn from day 1. If these Chinese quads ever get any consistency, it'll do them good. My daughter's little Kazuma Falcon 90 is still doing great, but Ive heard others report nothing but trouble with em-- so who knows. Who did you buy the quad from, how long ago, and will they help? Sounds like you got a bad one, even worse than most bad ones.

Old 05-24-2006, 02:33 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Sorry to hear of the bad news there Seadawg. When these chinese quads have more consistant quality the big 4 (oops..now big 5 with Bomb on board) will be scrambling. I think some of these manufacturers are building a quality product....the ones that are still lagging behind are hurting the overall business.

Old 05-24-2006, 03:29 PM
Pro Rider

sorry seadawg i don't feel sorry for you and i'll tell you why, first point the reason why the manifold split was that it was made for the 30mm kehien which has a smaller flange on it that the mikuni carb, yes the mikuni will fit but is very tight and must be very careful and use a little lube while installing it, you can't fit 10lbs of sh in a 5 lb bag without help. my second point is you really didn't expect to buy an off the shelf carb and not hafts rejet it, did you? these carbs only have a base line jetting in them, and not jetted for any one engine. third point you should have ordered the 30mm mikuni, this carb jetting is almost correct, little or no rejetting required, plus it won't hurt the low end performance like the 32mm will. fourth point is when you first stated to complain about no low end i told you to pm me and i'll sent you all the information on how to change the roller weights, you didn't, instead you changed the airfilter to a k&n, then it started to have starting and stalling problem, i then told you to pm me again and i'll sent you all jetting information you need for using the k&n airfilter, you didn't. the chainese are making these honda engine by the 10 of 1000's, all 250's atv with the single cylinder l/c uses this engine also every 250 buggy coming out of china uses this same engine. this engine was designed for the honda helix motor scooter and not for a atv but with little work like changeing the variator roller weights it makes a very good engine. right now their's plenty of high performance parts coming into the u.s., for this engine, like big bore kits, stroker kits, cams, racing clutches, 8 roller variators,kelvar belts. so what i'm getting at is you made some bad choices. i'd hardly call it a pos if i did't know what i was doing. if you need help let me know and together we can have it running like it should but need to take a step back.

bill

Old 05-24-2006, 03:48 PM
Elite Pro Rider

So does Seadawg have a clue or not? As long as a claim is warranted I see no problem.

Old 05-24-2006, 04:14 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts

Good points Bill! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-25-2006, 12:14 AM
Pro Rider

Guys,
I don't want you to feel sorry for me. I did everything you said, spent nearly $400.00 more dollars (except for roller weights) and it still sucks! I don't care about the manifold...I'm just warning others. I purchased a new Recon 250 ES. I bet I don't buy a carb...and....and....and...work on it...and....and...and. Hey, if you're happy with yours, more power to you and I'm happy. I admited I wanted Honda on the cheap. I sold it today for $1400.00 ...sucker[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I'm just glad I'm not hurting for money. No worries, I don't like to spend what I don't have to but went back with the HONDA. But as they say in the Navy...I'm pulling chocks on this POS! Good luck on yours. SEADAWG

Guys, Bill knows how to work on them. I buy them to ride and beat on. I never really got this one out in the woods...unless I pushed it.

Bill gets defensive because he is a Kazuma Dealer and pushes them. However, I will admit, if I gave him my old/NEW POS I just bought, for a few hundreds of dollars...it would probably work Anyway, my daughter still has a Redcat VX-80 so you will see me on this chat. My buddy still has a Redcat 200 and his son has a Kazuma 110. So, I will be warning people when others try to prey on the innocent. Keep up the honesty guys.

Oh, I have receipts to back me up on all I have said. My dealer will not even sell them...nor will RACEWAY!

Old 05-25-2006, 12:39 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

SEADAWG,

Congratulations on your new Honda Recon 250ES [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I'm sure you will have many enjoyable (work free) hours on it.

I admire the fact that you hung in there and tried to get your Kazuma up to par. Fortunately you were able to sell it within record time, that's a plus. At least you can say you did the "been there, done that, will never do that again" thing.

Happy riding.

SB

Old 05-25-2006, 01:33 AM
Pro Rider

SB,
Thanks...I don't give easily and you have posted the most intelligent posting to date without an agenda....Thanks! I gave my best. I'm happy for those that have done well. Thank you and thanks for all the help. SEADAWG

Old 05-25-2006, 09:58 AM
Pro Rider

first let's get it streight, i didn't tell you to buy a new mikuuni carb. i said rejet the exsiting one correctly. the roller weights was the big and only thing you should have done. $30 and 30 minutes of time, thats its. you don't seen to want any accountability. but you're the one that screw everything up,

Quick Reply: I GIVE ON MY KAZUMA ADULT ATV 250....POS!!!