Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

help with 50cc Giovanni tires and hose

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 01:15 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with 50cc Giovanni tires and hose

Hi all,

Two questions (I never got assemble instructions - are there any?).

1. I read on ATVCF that on the front tires you need to slip on the small metal sleeve before you put the tire on. When I do the shaft is too short and I can't get the nut to start. Without the sleeve if I tighten the nut the tire won't turn freely. What to do?

2. There are two hoses coming form the carb. The top, shorter one I assume is a breather but there is one that comes from the bowl part of the carb on the bottom that is fairly long. Where does it go?

Thanks.

Old 06-05-2006, 07:59 AM
Trailblazer

YES , Very poor assembley instructions though. Sleeve goes on after the tire, then 3 or 4 washers and then big gold washer, nut, pin, rubber cap. Little washers help to space the nut out so cotter pin will fit. Front tire hub,( longer part of the hub) place outwards.Thats what i did, if anyone did it different please let us know.

Longer hose from the bowl, just tucks into the back top part of the engine. There is like a long round tunnel for it. Right side of the bike when sitting on it. Right on the back topside where it is flat. Theres a engine breather hose at the back of the engine. Float bowl hose goes right into that long tunnel just in front and on top of it.

Old 06-05-2006, 08:13 AM
Trailblazer

One more thing if you haven't read all the threads on Giovanni. You might want to, just type giovanni in search. Alot of good info there. Also get rid of the oil and spark plug right away.

Old 06-05-2006, 12:02 PM
Weekend Warrior

Awesome, thanks. I worked late last night until I thought I had figured it out and your post confirms my thoughts. About how much oil did you have to add off the start. I only added about a third of a litre and it seems like enough.

shopdude

Old 06-05-2006, 07:50 PM
Trailblazer

Yes ,didn't take much to top oil up about 1/3. Ran it until it was warm, then drained and refilled( 1/2 litre or so for a complete drain and fill). Two bolts underneath the oil drain is the larger of the two. The other one with the smaller bolt( a spring pops out when the bolt is undone) Not sure what that one is for, but if a spring pops out you got the wrong one.