Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

On going problems rolller weight or clutch springs?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 11:05 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default On going problems rolller weight or clutch springs?

Thanks smb05. Has a lot of info on there.

Old 06-29-2006, 11:22 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

" should have left the whole thing stock and just put in the engine mods! This is very frustrating"

This is why I (and others) offer a complete motor kit.::
motor mods will not work w/o clutch mods
clutch mods do not work w/o motor mods.
they need to work together.

"Do you know exactly where to install them? Thanks for the haelp."
Now here's a guy that feels the need for rollers but don't even know where to put them. (sorry dude, just making a point, not ragging on you personnaly)

The moral to all this::
Call WRH, Hetrick,Lucky7, that Moore guy, anyone that lives minis. You'll have fewer heart attacks and much more fun doing it right the first time. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-29-2006, 10:55 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ditto jack darn minis i dream about them. takes a whole package to make it run right. most bike shops dont have a clue about these little quads. its like when i was a car nut, dont do no good to put a big cam in if you dont add other parts to go with it. sure it sounds cool but it runs like a dog.

Mark

Old 07-02-2006, 01:31 AM
Pro Rider

yeah ive only been riding for a little over a year. Not that much engine experience. know
a decent amount about quads, though. Sometimes I talk to people about them soo much
they start to get annoyed.lol I know a little bit about the japanese engines. These chinese
engines are weird looking to me. Theres a big empty spot near the back and parts are
a pain to take out. But how much are complete motor kits? I would rather take my quad
to a shop to have parts installed, but they are expensive at the yamaha and other
japanese shops. Would the chinese brand shop I bought it from be expensive if I had them
install rollers? Thanks.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-02-2006, 12:16 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

ATVMike, Roller replacement is very easy. You take the clutch cover off. You remove the front clutch fixxed face and the variator slides right off. The rollers are in there. Simply replace and re-install.
An impact wrench is usually used to remove the front clutch nut.
This will take about 1/2 hour the first time, you'll get onto it and do it in minutes. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-02-2006, 12:31 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks lt80. Now if you are standing behind the quad the clutch cover is on the left side? Because I think the pistons and cranks are in the black part on the right.

Old 07-02-2006, 03:03 PM
Range Rover

Atvmike, sounds like you need a diagram of your motor before you tear into it. Etonamerica.com might have a parts diagram on their website with a exploded veiw and part names. Miniatvs.com has a technical section on their site with some manuals to Etons and Polaris's. Behind the kickstarter is where you find the trans parts. There are two nut's close to the kickstarter shaft on the cover, do not remove those nuts. They hold the kickstarter in the cover and I think it is very hard to put back together once removed. This is on the left side if your behind the quad. The right side is the stator and flywheel. Front is cylinder, piston etc.

Old 07-02-2006, 04:47 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the help. Ill try those websites.

Old 07-15-2006, 05:32 PM
JBL
Trailblazer

Performance Update> Finally took the trip to Pismo beach and took the little quad out. Worked like a charm. Did not get stuck at all around the camp and fairly deep up to the fence. Only got stuck when it was really soft and up long hills. I mean no 90 could make it not even a 150cc. My son loves how his quad works now but as usual there's a problem. He's only 8 and now he wants a much faster quad. He's looking at the internet for a Suzuki 250!. I wouldnt mind but he's too small to handle it. But thanks for everyone's help with getting it going!

Old 07-17-2006, 11:40 AM
Trailblazer

I know where your coming from on the size issue. My son loves his Dinli but he just turned 11 and is 5 foot tall and 105 lbs. I did get a third bike, a 300EX, which he rides once in a while and will be his in a year or two. Great for learning to use a clutch, and is a good all round kid quad which can be modded later for more power.

Quick Reply: On going problems rolller weight or clutch springs?