Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

SunL 90cc

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 11:22 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SunL 90cc

First of all, I would like to say... "Great Forum!"
Second I have a couple of questions.
I just got my daughter a SunL 90cc.. It came partially assembled.
On the wheels, do the washers go on the inside or outside of the wheel?
I put acid in the battery and a charger came with it, but I couldn't find anywhere
on how long to charge it.
Also, the wires came loose from the start switch... does it matter which
wire goes to which plug?
Any of suggestions before I let her ride would be greatly appreciated!!!
Thanks in advance for the help!

Larry

Old 07-12-2006, 11:53 PM
Pro Rider
Default SunL 90cc

Sir,
The washers go btwn the nut and the rim...make sure you use lock tight, or a lock washer. Charge the battery for 12 hours, if you have your own charger use those that one....the directions are better. Also, about the switch wire...it matters and you'll need to get your meter out and find out which is which or have extra fuses and get ready to blow a couple. Be careful and take your time putting it together...just know that do it right off the first and keeps you from having things going wrong later. SEADAWG

Old 07-12-2006, 11:57 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default SunL 90cc

The washers go on the outside of the wheels and they hold the dust caps. The charger is a slow charger. It will charge till it is full. Just put charger on it and leave it. Most of the chargers will have a light on it. When you hook charger up it should be red. When battery is full it will be green. If this has the remote start/ kill option you will want to keep the cherger on the battery if it is going to sit more than a week without running. The remote system will drain the battery. Thats why they give you a charger. It is a trickle charger. What wires are you talking about. There is 2 wires from the brake handle. This is a safety switch. It wont matter how the wires are hooked up here. Check over ALL nuts and bolts. Locktite anything important. There is alot of vibration from them and things will work loose. Locktite the exhaust bolts at the manifold. Change the oil and use 10w40. Do not ride it with the shipping oil in it. You can run it durring your first starts to get it tuned. Let it run at idle for about 20-30 min. Let cool. the n run it again and make final adjustments. Once everything is adjusted ( carb settings, brakes, chain, etc...) then change the oil. You should be good to go after this. If you put time in the beginning to make everything right it will be a reliable quad. If you think you can just put it together, gas and go it will fall apart. Good luck!

Old 07-13-2006, 09:33 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default SunL 90cc

Thanks so much for the answers! I really do appreciate the help!!!
The wires I am talking about are on the left hand side.
I hope my daughter likes it... it is Hot Pink with Flames! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Larry