Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Jetmoto 110 any good?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 01:13 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jetmoto 110 any good?

I am thinking about getting a Jetmoto 110 for my 5 yr old daughter. It's a chinese 110 4 stroke, semi auto with reverse, lights, dual a-arm suspesion. The pictures of it look very nice and it comes in pink.

Does it have a stiff, useless suspension like the ones at champion auto or is it soft and useable?

Do they fall apart while going down the trail?

Do they handle safely? Those chinese quads you know....

Old 08-08-2006, 01:23 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts

I dont own a 110 but I do have a 125. The 110 is very similar to the 125 except that it has a slightly smaller engine and drum front brakes. The suspension isnt as plush as the 150 or 200, but isnt near as bad as the early chinese quads.

They will not fall apart if assembled with loctite but without it there will be problems. As far as handling, I think they are good for the speeds they go but I wouldnt try to race one.

Old 08-08-2006, 02:50 PM
Pro Rider

Holy buckets! That's a healthy list of bikes!

How do you like the Jetmoto 200. That one looks awesome in the pics too. But, I wonder about performance and reliablity.

Old 08-08-2006, 03:18 PM
Range Rover

Please go to the topic I Hate all Quads other than my own BF750 That's just the catch line to get folks to read it in requards to some people bashing other makes and models. But in that thread is my experience and how I feel about china bikes.

Old 08-08-2006, 04:31 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Originally posted by: MasterRaptor
Holy buckets! That's a healthy list of bikes!

How do you like the Jetmoto 200. That one looks awesome in the pics too. But, I wonder about performance and reliablity.
I have a very understanding wife. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

The Jetmoto 200 quad is the best chinese quad I have ever been around. Having said that let me say that it is, what it is. Nothing more. It is a great entry level to beginner quad. And its a mid size quad, not a full size quad. It has been very reliable for me and my wife loves it compared to her '04 Yamoto.

The problem with the chinese quads is (IMO) the people who sell them with bigger than life claims. You cant spend $1000.00 on a quad and expect it to compete with a $4-$6K quad from Japan. I personally wouldnt reccomend any of the current Jetmoto quads to anyone over about 5'10" and about 160 lbs. Especially if you have any talent. I am more than sure that if I rode any of my Jetmotos like I ride my KTM 400, I could snap one in half. But Im 6'4" 235lbs and a former expert level enduro rider.

If you are willing to wait a few months, Jetmoto is working on a Adult Sized 250 Sport quad. It was supposed to be available for testing( readf abuse) in about a month. Problens spotted in a picture put it back about a month. I will be getting one of the first of these and will do everything in my power to break it so we can make changes before it hits production. If I cant break it Im going to let my sons 18/20 ride it. They have broken almost every toy Ive ever gotten them.

Old 08-08-2006, 04:42 PM
Pro Rider

I am thinking Jetmoto 200 for my 65 lb 8 yr old. Have you ridden it in the dunes? Is the suspension soft?

Old 08-08-2006, 04:48 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Originally posted by: MasterRaptor
I am thinking Jetmoto 200 for my 65 lb 8 yr old. Have you ridden it in the dunes? Is the suspension soft?
If she can handle a clutch it would be great for her. Yes I have ridden it in the duned and it does ok with me on it. The suspension is the softest of any chinese quad I have been around. And on the one I have it could be adjusted to be even softer. Have you been to the Jetmoto website? They have a movie of the quads in the sand. Jetmoto

Old 08-09-2006, 10:18 AM
Pro Rider

Sir,
I would also add something to mywifesquad comment about locktite....I would just to the assembly nuts and bolts, I would spend an extra few hours and re-do every one you can get your hand on....it will save you much time in long run.
On my first one, I just did the assembly bolts thinking (no comments[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] the rest were done well. Not. Go over all of them. It is easier to start with engine, top to bottom, left to right and then 4 quarters on the outside. Front right, front left and same in the rear. You will be amazed of how many aren't done right! SEADAWG

Old 08-09-2006, 10:30 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Originally posted by: SEADAWG
Sir,
I would also add something to mywifesquad comment about locktite....I would just to the assembly nuts and bolts, I would spend an extra few hours and re-do every one you can get your hand on....it will save you much time in long run.
On my first one, I just did the assembly bolts thinking (no comments[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] the rest were done well. Not. Go over all of them. It is easier to start with engine, top to bottom, left to right and then 4 quarters on the outside. Front right, front left and same in the rear. You will be amazed of how many aren't done right! SEADAWG
Absolutely right SEADAWG. I put loctite on every 6mm bolt that goes into steel and do a tightness check on ALL the bolts too. As a general rule if you can put a 8-10 or 12mm wrench on it, that bolt should have loctite on it. It is essential for all the little brackets and every bolt that goes thru plastic. One of the first things I did for Jetmoto was make up a extensive asembly sheet for the 200 quad. And it was modified for the other quads they make. If you do it my way it can take between 3 and 4 hours to put one together. Its a little more involved than adjusting the handle bars and putting on the wheels. It is available to anyone who buys a Jetmoto Quad from what I have heard.

Old 08-09-2006, 11:59 AM
Pro Rider

We all know that Chinese engineering leaves alot to be desired.

Is the cheaper price worth all the BS you just described? $1k more for a yamaha, honda or suzuki and you can just drive it with no worries.

Quick Reply: Jetmoto 110 any good?