Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

are they any speed restrict on a dinli 90 beast

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 12:30 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default are they any speed restrict on a dinli 90 beast

QJ. The engine is dang near identical to yours. Couple of the other guys race similar set-ups. You'll find a lot of WRH and Hetrick fans around here.

For the record, my engine has the race pipe, WRH 53mm cylinder/pistin kit, high compression head, carbon fiber reeds/aluminum cage, 20mm Keihin PE, K&N, 5.0 grm rollers, yellow torsion (1500 rpm stall???) and the WRH Aluminum clutch. It'll scoot.

Old 08-29-2006, 05:03 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok need a little more details on the parts

what gram rollers ?
what color clutch springs ?
what color torque spring ?
does it hit hard from a dead start, does it spin the tires ?
41mph is pretty fast, just need to get there as fast as you can.
check compression, most 54mm cylinders are tall for a longer stroke crank.
porting, sorry never heard of the name you gave, porting is an art and must be done right to get power gains.
get rid of the koso pipe
the clutch is still way heavier than the wrh clutch, i have weighed them.
mix race gas and 87 50 to 50 and use a good oil.

let us know some answers and we can go from there.

Mark

Old 08-30-2006, 01:12 AM
Trailblazer

i dont know the size of rollers it came in a kit from maxuim rpm the spring is black that said 1500 rpm on it came in same power up kit their is a little hesitation when u first get on it and then it comes alive hard but wheels dont spend it does have a hi compression head on it but we are just running 200 feet could the air jet be causeing it because it has a 48 and a 130 main in it

Old 08-30-2006, 05:45 PM
Range Rover

if it rolls a ways first then hits hard your rollers are to heavy. did you only change the large torque spring on the clutch and not the 3 small springs, they should be changed too. jetting is hard to troubleshoot on the net. the koso pipe is a top end pipe and has a lot less bottom than a hetrick or wrh pipe, if you dont have a high winding motor the koso is not for you.

Mark

Old 08-31-2006, 11:16 AM
Trailblazer

i did change all the springs in clutches the pipe is going to go as soon as can get a new one is trinity pipe any good ?????? because they have one out for it thanks

Old 08-31-2006, 12:38 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: scooter0946
i did change all the springs in clutches the pipe is going to go as soon as can get a new one is trinity pipe any good ?????? because they have one out for it thanks
Yes, it's good. Same as Hetrick's from what I understand. Just an fyi...your dinli is a Polaris clone. Kasea, Eton, Unison, DRR, Xtreme and many other scooter engine based 2-strokes are all VERY similar and many parts interchange including the pipe. Personally, I'd stick to Hetrick or WRH for their customer support.

Old 09-01-2006, 10:42 AM
Trailblazer

Keep the KOSO pipe, its not as bad as everyone thinks. Mine runs great with it. I think its all in that carb, 28mm, big carb. Raps running a 20mm, I'm running a 24 mm.

If he's running the maximum rpm clutch kit he should be fine, thats the same one I got from Team Sims, course the lighter basket will help. I think its 6 grams of rollers.

Old 09-01-2006, 07:15 PM
Range Rover

ok i tried. there was a post here a week or 2 ago about why the people in the know dont come here anymore. maybe this is it. i have built these motors for 4 years now and have been taught one of the best in the business, billy holt of wrrh racing. what works for joebob may not work for jimbob. there is not a magic roller weight or jet size that will work for every mini. i have built 2 exact motors and it take different roller weights and main jets to get each one tuned to its best it can be. my son runs a 110cc stroker that is awesome fast and he pulls 99% of the holeshots, guess what i run a stock clutch with stock clutch springs and a heavy torque spring, why because it works on this motor, wont work on yours but it does on mine. great big stroker and i run 5.4 gram rollers, sounds light for a big stroker but it works on this motor. tuning is the mosy inportant thing on these mini quads, not just motor tuning but clutch and vasiator tuning too. compression is a big factor that is why i keep asking what compression the motor is running. i just built a big stroker had 160pounds of compression which is pretty good and will run good on most motors, well this thing was a dog and wouldnt even spin a tire in gravel, well i put a thin head gasket on it and bumped it up to 200 and it was a rocket ship. it was all in the porting, this particular cylinder needed the higher compression. have fun and hope you get it fixed but what works on one dont always work on another one.

Mark

Old 09-02-2006, 01:33 AM
Trailblazer

thanks alot it makes since to me and ill try differant stuff thanks again

Old 09-11-2006, 01:30 AM
Trailblazer

i did a compresion check and it is at 125 what would u do from their????