Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

opinions on Kazuma 90

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2006, 05:37 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default opinions on Kazuma 90

NO THOSE ARE NOT CVT TRANSMISSIONS. if they were they would be longer not wider, there the same old automatics with the single speed . just look at some of the pictures off of e-bay . same old engine with a new name.

Old 09-24-2006, 07:07 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

spjohn,

Give these people a call, I'm sure they can answer all your questions. Hopefully if their specs are wrong they will change it to the correct ones.

Kazuma USA

Good Luck.

SB.

Old 09-25-2006, 01:42 AM
Trailblazer

I'll see what they say tomorrow. I know they've (chinese) been putting them in scooters for awhile now (CVT) so we'll see what they say.

Old 09-25-2006, 09:49 AM
Pro Rider

a cvt transmission, vairator, drive belt, clutch.

Old 09-26-2006, 05:08 PM
Trailblazer

Ok Kazumausa was a complete waste of time. They sell Jackel atv's and that's all they wanted to promote or talk about. They only sell Kazuma parts, not quads.

Old 09-26-2006, 06:37 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

spjohn,

I called Kazuma USA also, they were no help whatsoever. All they could say is 'we do not sell Kazuma's any more'. 'But we do sell Kazuma parts'. They said that they used to sell the Kazuma line but have discontinued their sales.

Anyways, I called Kazuma here is the number Kazuma Order Desk in Texas. The lady that answered the phone said that it is the same transmission that is in the 110. The quad does not have the CVT in it. The lady on the phone was a little snooty but she was able to answer the question after she went and asked someone. She acted like I was a bothering her (Great Customer Service [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img] ).

Billl2099 is correct, the engine and trans have not changed and their advertising is incorrect.

Good Luck.

SB.

Old 09-26-2006, 08:39 PM
Pro Rider

i belived why kazuma is avertising a cvt transmission is to increase sales, and because of complants of little or no low end torque with the single speed transmission. don't expect a cvt transmission on a 50-110 chainese atv, these atv's use the honda clone engine and to my knowledge honda does not have a cvt transmissiom on this engine size , the smallest engine honda uses the cvt trans is a gy6 125cc scooter engine.

Old 09-26-2006, 10:02 PM
Trailblazer

I guess I should have checked Raceway first, they advertise it only as a "fully Auto" which means Centrifugal in my book. Still I like to call these other people and let them know they are falsely advertising. The truth in advertsing alone is reason enough to spend the extra money at Raceway.

Old 09-27-2006, 03:44 PM
Trailblazer

I can clear this up. When I purchased a Falcon 90 from Raceway it stated they came with a CVT tranny. I even asked John directly and he told me that they had a CVT transmission. This was the main reason I finally decided to buy one of these. When it got here, I realized it did NOT have a CVT tranny. It has a centrifigul clutch, single speed. If you want an honest opinion, I would walk away from....scratch that, run away from these style quads if you are not very mechanically inclined. Click on my signature and look at the deathmatch of a front end I had to deal with...by myself. I had to tear the entire front end apart and redesign it just to make sure my son did not roll AGAIN. I would also look for something a bit wider, these are very narrow. Apparently a little while back there was talk of a lawsuit against Kazuma for the very reason I was talking about, the front end causing injury to kids as they were pitched over the handlebars or rolled completely. I cant seem to find the post now again nor have I heard any more about it. Honestly, stay away from them.

Corey

Old 09-27-2006, 05:13 PM
Trailblazer

Funny here's what Venom had to say.

Hello and Thanks for the interest,

This vehicle is a fully automatic that has a continuosly variable transmission (CVT) there are no set gears other than the output and the axel sprockets, and it is not a belt drive.
As far as your takeoff you can adjust your sprocket size (we have in stock) and you will take off faster and climb steeper hills.

If you have any questions or would like help placing an order please call us toll free @ 1.866.838.5317.

Thank you,
Venom Motors

How do you have a CVT with no belt??

I have no problem wrenching on these things, as I am a machinist and already put wheel spacers on my no name 50 quads. I've had no real problem after the initial getting the carbs set right. I've just reworked the brakes to make them more efficient, and also added some stops to keep the wheels from turning to tight. It's kinda fun and actually for putt putting around the yard I can get 2 chineses quads and still bank some $$. These are basically oversized Power wheels right now. If they start getting serious then I will jump into a Korean or Jap bike. I think that's most people's stance, why spend all the money if the kids won't use them, but of course you can weigh that against resale value.

Thanks for the help.

Quick Reply: opinions on Kazuma 90