Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

opinions on Kazuma 90

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 07:39 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default opinions on Kazuma 90

Talked to a very friendly and knowledgeable tech guy at Raceway. The board is right they are top notch. He said without a doubt they ARE NOT CVT. He said it's a modified Honda 70 clone. Basically a clutch basket stuck in 2nd gear modified for top end. So like Bill said no CVT on cheap quads it's all deception.

I explained my situation to him and he said he's pretty happy with the Kazuma's, a little slow on parts, but overall not bad for the money. He suggested the Deluxe 100 and they have a video on their website. A pretty cool little bike. I'm still searching.

Old 09-27-2006, 07:52 PM
Trailblazer

Take a look at the pics in my gallery and you can see what the front end would do when turned sharp. This caused my son to be pitched over the quad as it rolled. That was the last time he rode it before I tore it apart. The catch that made my decision easy was that Raceway told me that not one other person had ever complained of this being a problem. I was the sole person with this dilemma. I took their word for it until my inbox began to receive messages from other dads with the same problems. Even talk of a lawsuit against Kazuma just for this reason. Kind of odd since I was the only one with the problem.

Corey

Old 09-27-2006, 08:20 PM
Pro Rider

spjohn , the mini 100 deluxe is a sunl, the atv not bad but i have a problem with the importer the sunl group, they only want to sell atv's and could care less about spare parts and customer satsifitation, at the sunl group they have a saying a sucker born every minute, here's a couple of rules to follow on buying a chinese quad, if you follow them your experience will be good, rule one, don't buy a sunl no matter how cheap you find one, rule two, never buy a used china quad, rule 3, don't spent more than you can afford to lose, rule 4, never finance a chinese quad, rule 5, buy from raceway, if you have a problem they are really there to help, in my opino if it counts, i'd consider a kazuma, parts are easy to come by and are better quality than most. you still gotta ask yourself why raceway quit selling sunl's, i'll tell you why in two words poor quality period. my grandkids haven't had a problem with them rolling over, so i don't consider that a problem and if it is then you can always add wheel spacers.

Old 09-27-2006, 08:41 PM
Trailblazer

John,
The tail end of Bills post is a bit misleading to what Im trying to say. You could add 4 foot wheel spacers on each of the tires and would have had the same problems as I and many other Kazuma Mini Falcon 90 owners have had. If you look at the pictures I have on my page, you will see that the front end design is terrible at best. When the force is put on the tires during a turn at anything above an idle in anything soft, the front end locks, making the front tires almost perpindicular to the front of the frame. This results in you know having a child on a quad that instead of having two rolling wheels while moving forwards, now has two pieces of brick with traction! This results in the front end trying to immediately stop (pushing through whatever is there) and the back end wanting to continue up and over the front. When the front tires would "lock" to either side, I would have to unjam them physically. The problem was the stoppers. They were not nearly strong enough, and most certainly in the wrong spots. I tore the entire front end apart and rebuilt it so that I could be sure this would not happen again.

Corey

Old 09-27-2006, 09:12 PM
Trailblazer

Drew and tyler, I know what you mean i had to do the same thing, but since my lil 50's were so slow i just put some hardstops on them to keep them from locking sideways. Maybe with the kazuma i will have to do something more drastic, if I go that route. Before I fixed it, my kids learned pretty fast to just get off and kcik the tire! The one would rub the engine case, the other would just make them do a tight circle.

Old 09-28-2006, 10:35 AM
Pro Rider

Sir,
Listen to Bill, he is right on this issue. You have been warned[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] SEADAWG/PUP

Old 10-06-2006, 01:42 AM
Range Rover

I bought my son (6yrs old) a Kazuma 50cc, it has work fine so far. We took it out on the trails a few times and had no problems. I don't think they are made to handle hard riding IMO. He mainly rides it in the yard. The main reason I bought it was for the price, I could not see spending 1800.00 on a first quad.

The ETON quads seem to be much better quality IMO..

Old 10-06-2006, 02:03 AM
Trailblazer

hey guys if you are planing to race any mini quad that is a 4 stroke you will have tough time runnimg with the 2 strokes nomatter what kind of handling it has on it just some advice