Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

sunl sucks

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 01:25 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sunl sucks

Everyone at sunl, dallas hides under a rock. I have numerous witnesses that witnessed these allegations if needed for any reason.I have been involved in various types of distribution over the last thirty years and I have never witnessed the manner of business by which sunl operates.
I have listed some of the examples below. If these are common and lawful practices in the motor vehicle business I will really be surprised.
* I wired $5000.00 from my bank to theirs for ATV?s prior to Christmas so they would hold them, because they said that was their policy, and the units were sold when I went to pick them up. I had to wait over a week to get the units we needed without a money refund. They did offer to bring them in from their New York facility if we would pay the freight so we ended up taking some units that we really didn?t need at that time because their policy was no cash refunds and we had orders for the items that were to be held.
* sales manager guaranteed that items were marked purchased by my company and we would come back the next day, to pick them up because we didn?t have enough room on our trailer and they were gone when I came back the next day.
* sunl excepted cash only. I have given them as much as $12K at a time. If you get to the warehouse and they don?t have a certain unit you have already paid for, in the office, they just apply that toward a credit for your next purchase. They told us on numerous occasions that their policy was that they can?t give cash refunds.
* Spending four to eight hours to purchase, get parts, and getting loaded was not uncommon.
* Discontinued maintenance of damaged bikes that were supposably covered by sunl warranty. Prior to the time they discontinued this policy I would sometimes have over twenty units in their service department for as long as two to three months. This ties up money and created problems with customers.
* Indirectly selling to dealers within my area and not doing anything abiding by the Texas DOT guidelines.
* Availability of parts has always been an issue.
* Initially Sunl offered a 2% parts allowance to dealers. Therefore for every dollar spent we were offered $ .02 to apply toward warranted parts. One day we walked in with our parts list and they said this had been discontinued. If our sales were $200,000 we should have had $4000.00 in parts but instead from that day on we had to purchase parts at an inflated price.
* Sales Representative neglected to return calls. She was very good at passing the buck and it usually got passed until there was no answer.
* The organization within the office and warehouse is chaotic. That was the reason for long waits for loading and invoice discrepancies.
* Parts manager told the owner we had an ATV in for repair and it came up missing. We asked for it to be replaced and the supposed owner said the manager should replace the misplaced bike himself (DO WHAT?). My company ended up being out of pocket for $899. The owner said it was our loss and he didn?t want to talk to me anymore. They were out of tags during that time and our name was put on bike by the parts manager but that didn?t effect his decision. His objective is numbers.
* I would buy a bike and they would charge $20 for a MSO and I would be lucky if I received it within two weeks. One took over a month therefore I missed sales on a product and had my money tied up due to their inefficiency.
I am not the only dealer that has this same feeling about how they run their operation.
Due to the sunl?s attitude and their poor quality products I will not carry their product in the future but due to the customers that have purchased products from us I feel an obligation to try and get them parts or guarantee the units within sunl?s printed warranty on their web site, even though sunl has a problem with that. Dissatisfied customers talking about sunl has ruined our reputation with many people because we can?t produce due to sunl?s inability to produce. If this is the type of people you may enjoy doing business with then have at it. It's a free country but I experienced this with sunl in dallas, tx.

Old 11-16-2006, 01:27 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default sunl sucks

Inventory purchased in 2005 & 2006.

Old 11-16-2006, 06:25 AM
Trailblazer
Default sunl sucks

I know that my SunL problems was not due to initial setup! I used loctite on every fastner, changed oil, spark plug to NGK, checked bike over and over everytime my son would ride it. In the first two weeks of ownership, the trans would not shift properly. After getting a new bike from the dealer and another 2 months later, the motor took a crap - ring problem - air in oil and oil was spitting out the breather tube on the back of the motor. Many other minor problems during the 2 months of ownership. This bike was pampered and never reved past half throttle. This SunL bike was more problems and work than it is to keep my 1988 Mustang Drag car working properly! Thanks to my dealer being a nice guy and refunding most of my money that I was able to get a Polaris Predator 90. The Polaris is built sooooo much better and with so many more safety features. Now I feel much more comfortable when my son is riding!

Old 11-16-2006, 07:27 AM
Trailblazer
Default sunl sucks

I have double nutted the exhaust bolts then the studs came out. I wish i could show you how this thing shakes. Its not normal. Some of you guys talk to people like they dont know what there talking about.But the one i have has a crank thats off balance for it too shake like it does.

Old 11-16-2006, 07:44 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default sunl sucks

The reason your exaust bolts comes loose is because of the excessive engine wiggling. Your exaust is attached to your engine and if your engine is not securely fastened down,your exaust will work itself loose no matter what.

Take your rear wheels and get them off the ground about 3 inches. Fire up your engine and look at your motor when you give the throttle a slight twist. Does the engine stay put or is it wiggling all over the place?If it wiggling all over, check to make sure your engine mounts are NOT broke. If all this is OK, than you can easily weld a bracket on the bottom side of the frame that will line-up with two holes on the bottom side of the engine for added engine mounts, this should stop your engine from wiggling so much and prevent your exaust bolts from coming loose too.

Best of luck.

Old 11-16-2006, 11:34 AM
Trailblazer
Default sunl sucks

MEDICINEMAN76
Not everyone at SunL hides under a rock Paul you know that people at SunL did try to help you as much as they could. As a DEALER you are responisble for serviceing your own bikes not dropping 10 bikes off at SunL and wanting them to fix them.

Old 11-16-2006, 02:21 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default sunl sucks

Hey Tony - have you gone completely brain dead? What is this crap about sunl would help as much as they could? They helped until the heat got to bad and then they bailed out. You mean to tell me you have already forgot about the SLA250 which the driveshaft blew out the side of the unit while loading it on my trailer at your warehouse after I paid SUNL TECHS to put it together? What about the other sunl SLA250 that YOU rode in the parking lot after your techs assembled it and the transmission was bad. What about the numerous SLA90's I bought with bad magnetos that you never could get the parts. I could go on and on with crap that happened to some of those pieces of junk yall sold but I don't have enough time in the day. I will take out the time, since I have it logged like the rest of the crap that happened while I dealt with sunl, if you would like the entire mess printed on the www. And by the way I had a service department and still have a service department but when units are faulty right out of the crate the distributor and/or manufacturer should be liable. I guarantee the distributors & manufacturers that care about their customers and know what public relations can do to you or for you can relate to these situations. You can try to cya all day long but you know I'm telling the truth.

Old 11-16-2006, 03:05 PM
Trailblazer
Default sunl sucks

Im not saying that the bikes where not bad im trying to say that i tried to help everytime that you came in, but somethings are out of my hands and for you to say that about everyone here is wrong. How many bikes did i get swapped out for you?

Old 11-16-2006, 03:45 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default sunl sucks

Tony - So you are finally admitting that the bikes are bad and you still work for an outfit like that. I will admit that initially you were the only one that seemed to give a rats butt and Christine was my contact. (I will not call her a sales rep. - just a contact) At first you tryed to help and I do appreciate it but when it came down to the nut cutting you were out because the admin. overruled you. AM I RIGHT? Therefore the majority of the times major decisions are only in the GM and owners hands if they have time to deal with a customer and their problems. They would try to blow off so many problems and hope I went away. Guess what - I'm not. I don't know the exact amount you swapped out without doing it behind the companies back but you did help. But if you will remember after the first of the year you would hardly look me in the eye. That tells me something. Either you screwed up or the admin told you to stay away. How many units did I buy and how many screwed up? Like I said - I have these numbers and trust me, if you still work for that outfit you don't want that on the www. You might want to watch what you ask for - you just might get it.

Old 11-16-2006, 03:58 PM
Trailblazer
Default sunl sucks

Paul, your right when came down to the nutt cutting i was out i was not able to make those calls.After the first of the year someone told upper management about was i was doing for you and was told that i need to stay out of it so i did.(your contact). You did buy alot of units and yes you did have problems.

Quick Reply: sunl sucks