Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Chinese Manufacturing 101

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 12:33 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Chinese Manufacturing 101

Originally posted by: squeege
http://www.moxiescooters.com/diamo/turista.php
http://www.moxiescooters.com/diamo/d_index.php

Found some motorcycles...same prolly holds true for atv's

Yes it is stated as: built in a Yamaha owned factory (Linhai) and you can expect the highest level of quality and reliability.

But really these china made products are in the same price range as the real deal yamaha...so why not buy the real deal?

Any company like this is few and far between in China...and still where is the support or parts? Prolly sill not close to the big names[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Just an fyi, my mini has Yamaha stamped on the side. But it's engine is almost identical to yours, squeege. This is what MQ97 keeps reffering to. It's an old scooter engine that has ended up in many mini atvs. While not all are identical, many parts interchange. I get my parts from WRH Racing. As far as service, I work on my own quads. Again, I wouldn't tell anybody to mail order if they can't turn a wrench.

Oh, and I paid $1180 delivered. My only gripe was the electric choke. Deals are out there if you know what to look for. Linhai has a 260cc that's been sold under numerous brands that has a pretty good reputation too.

Old 10-17-2006, 06:24 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by: Raptorlegs
You're so right Mr. Smartypants, I'm sure Honda and Yamaha are not ISO certified. lmao!

Do your own research. Keywords: joint venture China Honda Sundiro or Wuyang, then try Linhai Yamaha. Known a few people to have good luck with Linhai products, including myself. And I'm not pushing $600 quads. All off brands are not created equal.
Interesting, I don't recall Honda as a chinese company, nor Yamaha, Thanks for informing me. Are these the "big Dogs" you refer to in your earlier post?

Again, have you asked what these quads cost? Did ever occur to you why they are outsourcing, that is the term you were looking for in your earlier post.

"Many of the big dogs contract with chinese companies to produce oem parts to their specifications."

You keep falling back on your original premise that I am "knocking" all brands. I can't repeat myself enough, it seems for you and your first grade mentallity "dude" that I will have to repeat myself again "Mr Smartypants" I haven't knocked any brands. Just Chinese manufacturing. I do appreciate your childlike twist that you have added, it makes this thread interesting. It is unfortunate that you can not accept what others know for a fact.

Again, as a business person, if you are, how many of these companies have you visited? Is your research limited to the discovery channel or are you only allowed the Disney channel too? Is your background limited to turning a wrench?

I was curious, I noticed you have over 9000 posts here. Quite impressive, When do you have time to run a business?

I won't continue with this thread as I have wasted enough bandwidth trying to promote my observations. Good luck in your business. Thank you for participating in this thread. Now you can run along and watch cartoons....sorry just had to!

Old 10-17-2006, 06:37 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!

For a business person, you don't know much about joint ventures.

Old 10-17-2006, 08:24 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: aqharoper
Originally posted by: Raptorlegs
You're so right Mr. Smartypants, I'm sure Honda and Yamaha are not ISO certified. lmao!

Do your own research. Keywords: joint venture China Honda Sundiro or Wuyang, then try Linhai Yamaha. Known a few people to have good luck with Linhai products, including myself. And I'm not pushing $600 quads. All off brands are not created equal.
Interesting, I don't recall Honda as a chinese company, nor Yamaha, Thanks for informing me. Are these the "big Dogs" you refer to in your earlier post?

Again, have you asked what these quads cost? Did ever occur to you why they are outsourcing, that is the term you were looking for in your earlier post.

"Many of the big dogs contract with chinese companies to produce oem parts to their specifications."

You keep falling back on your original premise that I am "knocking" all brands. I can't repeat myself enough, it seems for you and your first grade mentallity "dude" that I will have to repeat myself again "Mr Smartypants" I haven't knocked any brands. Just Chinese manufacturing. I do appreciate your childlike twist that you have added, it makes this thread interesting. It is unfortunate that you can not accept what others know for a fact.

Again, as a business person, if you are, how many of these companies have you visited? Is your research limited to the discovery channel or are you only allowed the Disney channel too? Is your background limited to turning a wrench?

I was curious, I noticed you have over 9000 posts here. Quite impressive, When do you have time to run a business?

I won't continue with this thread as I have wasted enough bandwidth trying to promote my observations. Good luck in your business. Thank you for participating in this thread. Now you can run along and watch cartoons....sorry just had to!

aqharoper
I gotta agree with you. Im also in manufacturing, and am appalled at the amount of jobs and work which is being outsourced. If all the jobs disappear to china...whos gonna afford the products? Like henry ford said a long time ago, we have to keep the jobs here, and pay decent wages...so our workers can buy our products.
Its short sighted to look at the short term cost.

Old 10-18-2006, 07:08 PM
Trailblazer

kymco is ISO certified what it means dunno all i can say is there both great co. and stand behind there products

Also eton took youth atv of the year in 05' and lets not forget Kymco is making A.Cats 300cc and under obvousilly CAT see's something in them

Old 10-18-2006, 07:25 PM
Pro Rider

Raptorlegs,
You took this thread too personally. If you have a good quality quad from China, bless you. If you read this forum, it is obvious that the quality is not there. Most of us have owned Japs for years and know they ain't close. Are you a dealer? SEADAWG

Regardless guys, we have to respect others opinions. If we disagree, put it out there and be methodical about the detail.

Old 10-18-2006, 09:42 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!

Originally posted by: SEADAWG
Raptorlegs,
You took this thread too personally. If you have a good quality quad from China, bless you. If you read this forum, it is obvious that the quality is not there. Most of us have owned Japs for years and know they ain't close. Are you a dealer? SEADAWG

Regardless guys, we have to respect others opinions. If we disagree, put it out there and be methodical about the detail.
Seadawg, I've been listening to this garbage way too long. I will not backstep two years to another China bash. We've been there and it's BS. You have a bur under your saddle because you bought the wrong machine. I guarantee NOBODY credible recommended that machine on this site or said it was great quality. You didn't heed the advice of people that actually know what they are talking about. Then you bash all Chinese machines because of ONE brand. It's ludicrous.

And you're one to be talking.

Old 10-18-2006, 10:21 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally posted by: superbombman
kymco is ISO certified what it means dunno all i can say is there both great co. and stand behind there products

Also eton took youth atv of the year in 05' and lets not forget Kymco is making A.Cats 300cc and under obvousilly CAT see's something in them
ISO certification basically means they have a paper trail for everything that happens to each part. And possibly for the assembly process too.

Id have to put Kymco and Eton at the top of the chinese quad list. Any ideas for the rest? Or disagree with my top 2? Anyone? I know there are some chinese quads that do quite well racing, they must be pretty good stock.

SEADAWG, Ill go ahead and put the "2006 Kazuma Adult ATV 250" at the bottom of the list for you [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-18-2006, 11:03 PM
Trailblazer

seapup, I think you are right that a lot of these ardent chinese quad supporters on this forum are dealers.I know quite a few people with chinese machines and they are always working on them. I have had 6 jap machines and have never had anything break on any of them. All chinese stuff I have seen is junk.

Old 10-18-2006, 11:09 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!

Ask MWQ if I'm a dealer.

Quick Reply: Chinese Manufacturing 101