Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Jetmoto 150 and Raceway ATV

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 05:47 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jetmoto 150 and Raceway ATV

Hello,

I am new to the forum and I have to tell you my eyes are bleeding from all the information you all have here. We are buying a Jetmoto 150 from Raceway for our 15 year old twin sons. They love to ride but we can't afford to shell out the $$$ for ones like ours. Last year we bought a Kazuma Dingo 150 for them and they love it. Yeah its not a Kawasaki but they ride the heck out of it and they argue over who has to ride mine instead of who gets to ride mine. Which means all four of us cannot go anywhere and ride all together.

So this year we are buying another one and I researched until I can't see straight (women do this). We decided on the Jetmoto 150 as my kids don't like to shift. My sons weigh about 115 lbs. and are about 5'8". The dingo is fine and they don't mind that it is smaller than our big ones.

Can anyone tell me if the power is the same or better on the Jetmoto? Is there any particular setup issues we should know about? I have looked up the Jetmoto on this forum but still would like any additional info or help. Should I worry about altitude since we are about 2200-2500 ft.?

Just to let anyone in the market know Raceway ATV was very helpful and courteous. Since we live in Idaho they dropped $200 off the price as the shipping was cheaper from CA to Idaho.

Thanks for all your comments in advance. Happy riding.

Old 10-27-2006, 10:23 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

The JM150 is an excellent quad for the money. Great suspension and decent power. It will make a good trail quad but limit the jumps they do. If they like to jump then this is not for them. If they just trail ride and rip around fields it will be fine. If you dont go with the JM150 look for a good used Polaris trailblazer 250. It is an awsome quad and will hold up great to any abuse. It is fully automatic with lots of power and good suspension.

Old 10-27-2006, 11:38 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info 2manytoys. The used quads are very few and far between here. The boys don't jump much since our 3 acre pasture is flat, but they can sure get going fast on the long straights. They also enjoy the snow when its deep in the field and our horses just stay out of the way. We haven't been able to take them anywhere yet but I hear the trails are great up here.

Will there be an issue with elevation since we are at 2200-2500 ft. or any assembly issues we should know about? The Dingo doesn't seem to have a problem. I didn't see if the Jetmoto has a manual choke. That helps up here on ours.