Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Honest Chinese Mini Quad Review

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2006, 12:23 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honest Chinese Mini Quad Review

I've seen all of the "Chinese quads are junk - no they're not -yes they are" posts and thought I ought to give my two cents worth. I have two name brand quads (Honda Rancher & Yamaha Bruin). Both are top notch and I have not had one problem with them. I needed to buy a mini for my 7 & 4 year old. I looked at the Polaris and others but after much thought I settled on a Raceway XL 70 from Raceway ATV. This thing was $645 shipped to my door. Now I knew I was buying a $645 quad and didn't expect $2000 quality. If you accept that going in you won't be so disapointed. I have had it only a week and here is the lowdown.

Things that broke or had to be fixed (one week)
      Is all of this a hassle? YES IT IS!!! Did I expect this? Somewhat. All in all I probably spent 1/2 hour tightening things up. My kids will probably outgrow this thing before it gives out and I will have saved a load of money (minus my repair time, but I kind of like tinkering anyway). Disposable quad? Probably, but I kind of expect that.

Now the good things.

Is this quad as good as a Polaris or Kawasaki or Suzuki? NO. But, are the name brands 4 times as good? NO. For $650, I'm not disapointed (yet). Maybe in a year I'll be cussing this quad everyday, time will tell.

Old 10-28-2006, 06:07 AM
        Trailblazer

Post of the year!!!!! I have 2 China quads so far mostly happy.

Old 10-28-2006, 04:38 PM
        Pro Rider

Thanks for the honest review. I think if you look at these threads, this has been stated several times. Please keep us posted...your quads are new with all these issues already, I would like to know how they are in a year. SEADAWG

Old 10-29-2006, 08:02 PM
        Range Rover

my son loves his quad as well, the things you mentioned, I have done as well, my sons is a sunl 70cc, I plan on modding the brake hanle tomorrow to fit his small hand better.

Old 10-30-2006, 01:36 AM
        Weekend Warrior

Hi there was looking for a low priced atv. BUT are they built well frame,engine,and suspension. My daughters love to ride but they are a little rough on them. Before I buy one of these I want to know if this can handle the abuse and do you have a pic so I know hiow big they are compared to a 7 8 year old child 60 -80 pounds
        Thank you,
        Juan abuse on the suspension

Old 10-30-2006, 12:12 PM
        Weekend Warrior

Nice review lz8qbn...I hope to do a review on a few of these soon. I have already gone over one of ours (SUNL Mini Utility), and removed all of the bolts and loctited them all, it took a few hours but I would say that it is well worth it. Thanks agian for the honest review....

Magg7 nice picture and jump, it does look like suspension abuse....Gerry

Old 10-30-2006, 08:34 PM
        Pro Rider

my son has the 110 mini-ute. its got good power , and looks pretty cool too! he rides this thing hard on some tough groomed trail systems, and a few non-groomed trail system.(not so good on non-groomed due to ruts and 3 inch ground clearance) this thing runs well, and slings gravel up some big hills. the only part that could be better is the addition of a front brake, but he does quite well at working the brake when the back trys to slide side ways! the first day he ripped the chain guard off, no biggy, he actually gained an inch of ground clearance. the guard really didnt protect anything. there is a guard under it to protect against rocks and such.after about three good weeks of riding on the way home one day his brakes fell off or out or something. this sucked but he road the back of my four-wheeler all the way home.( he done good!) they sent new pads quicklly and i rigged it up so it wont come off again. about two weeks later it wouldnt start due too bad battery, went to walmart and got a good one, problem solved. went riding about 30 miles sunday and the little man was tearing up the trails again1 these quads do require some TLC but as long as you get it from a good dealer, you cant beat them for the price!(IMO)and yes i agree there no honda but they are good quads over all!! just one mans opinion!

Old 10-31-2006, 09:44 AM
        Weekend Warrior

Edited by ATVConnection moderator

Old 10-31-2006, 10:01 AM
        Trailblazer

Hi Steve. Where are you located on LI? I'm on LI as well. email me your web address or contact at mrdjc@verizon.net

Old 11-03-2006, 01:56 AM
        Weekend Warrior

I bought my 4 yo daughter a 49cc Midi Quadard from a local dealer. Paid $399 for it. You'll pay dang near that much for a Fisher Price battery operated machine (she has one of those too--battery alone is $50). Bought it as a learning machine for her and I have to tell you she loves it. I did pull all nuts and bolts and loc-tite them. A couple of issues with it include the plastics being a bit brittle (nothing that Gorrilla Glue hasn't fixed) and the pull starter disintegrating on the 2nd pull (dealer replaced and I modified it to fix a design flaw). Now it runs like a champ, of course no big air for her yet. Anyway, I figure it will work until she gets a little bigger at which time I'll take another look at a name brand. Just couldn't justify $2000 for a 4 yo's starter machine.

Quick Reply: Honest Chinese Mini Quad Review