Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

WARANTY REPLACEMENT OEM WITH MORE JUNK OEM PARTS

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2006, 04:37 PM
Pro Rider
Sound advice there. "Hey, watch this........"
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default WARANTY REPLACEMENT OEM WITH MORE JUNK OEM PARTS

And to add a somewhat generic comment to all of these Chinese quad threads:

Way, way back when I was a kid, the phrase 'Made in Japan" was synonimous with "Cheap". It was pretty much understood that if a product had the made in Japan label that you would be lucky to get it out of it's package without it breaking. But, the price was cheap too. Anybody ever see one of the first Honda Civics to hit our shores? What a piece of garbage that was. Times change.

Only ten years ago cars made in Korea were cheap - both in price and quality. Now they are turning out vehicles that are rivaling the best for quality and are still much lower in price. It's only a matter of time until the many of the "cheap' quads up their quality too. When quality doubles and price goes up by one and a half, then it becomes a better deal.

For myself, I have chosen to stay away from the chinese quads. I don't believe that a new product should require lots of repair work even before being used. I don't mind tinkering with a quad and would expect to do so with a used one, but if something brand new out of the box doesn't work you take it back and get another one. It sounds like that for now with the Chinese quads, I'd just be returning quad after quad after quad.

I agree that there are many good reasons to buy a cheaper Chinese quad over the much more expensive established brands. But as long as relliability remains in issue, I consider the cheaper quads as yard bikes, not quads to take out on the trails. All of our riding takes place on long, sparsly populated trails. With other life obligations, my time to ride is rare - and valuable. I do not want to risk some of my riding days by having to tow a mini home.

Jaybee

Old 11-11-2006, 10:17 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great point and I don't disagree with you one bit. Isn't it sad that we now defend the Japs as quality...and that it is ashame that American's can't build this here at home! Thanks for your insight. SEADAWG

Old 11-12-2006, 09:41 AM
Trailblazer

Seadawg

That's true when I was a kid in 1950 a lot of Jap stuff was junk and word of mouth was
"ALL JAP STUFF WAS JUNK" the word was buy good quality American products. In the 1970's
the Japs starting raising quality by using there abundant labor to inspect at every step of production and anyone that found a defect could stop the line. The end result, very high quality and high assembly line productivity. China is looking at Japan, what Japan did in 20 yrs China will do in less than 10 years in the world market because of Japan-China trade and the computer age of information. So USA company's should look out. The Dragon is joining the Tiger in the world market and The Eagle has forgotten how to fly.

Old 11-12-2006, 05:00 PM
Trailblazer

A few things to remember when spending $2k on a quality quad vs. $800 on Chinese crap:

1. Safety for your Kids in terms of overall quality (Can't put a price on Safety when it comes to your own kids)
2. Resale Value
3. Longevity - the $2k quad can be passed down to younger kids. It will last alot longer. Chinese crap is a throw away item.
4. Parts...Parts...Parts...Availability of Parts
5. Look at the deals some of these manufacturers have...(0% Down - Low monthly payment - 0% or Low Interest Rate). This should help those of us who are on a budget.
6. Support from the dealership. Again another overlooked but important item.

Hope this helps some who may be considering the cheap quads. Take it from someone who has recently been there! Now a proud owner of a Polaris Predator 90!

Old 11-27-2006, 11:36 PM
Pro Rider

MIDDLEAGECRAZY,
I wonder if your new axle is going to be the same or they fix the quality issues? SEADAWG

SUNL-5 week old broke axle

Old 11-28-2006, 02:23 AM
Weekend Warrior

Man, having the quad start and run properly before the anticipated trip is priceless. Having the quad not start and
run before the big trip is like a punch in the gut. Time is just too valuable to spend "working on the Chinese quad".

Old 11-29-2006, 12:16 AM
Pro Rider

I guess you could say that with all quads/bikes...some may just be more frequent than others[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] SEADAWG