Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

christmas gift help

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2006, 05:12 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default christmas gift help

Hey guys i need your opinion i know that some of you think that the four wheelers from china are bad but we have made up our mind that this would be the best buy for our kids. now i just need to know what brand, what size, and where to get them from. my son is 11 about 80lbs but he is fairly tall, my daughter is 7 63lbs and tall for her age also. they will be riding in a cotton field behind our house and sometimes on the gravel road. i have priced just about every brand out there we would like to stay around $1500 if not less for both. has anybody ever heard of coolsports brand? buyatvsonline.com has them and the price is great for the features but i can't find any information out about them. any help would be appreciated we plan to order in the next week. thanks

Old 11-23-2006, 08:40 PM
Trailblazer

Don't do it...I can't believe that you know all the facts but still are considering buying these cheap atv's. Take it from someone who has been there. If you need to purchase a cheaper Chinese brand and off the Internet buy from Raceway ATV.

Old 11-23-2006, 09:06 PM
Weekend Warrior

i have looked at raceway and from all the good reviews they have want to buy from them but their prices are more than we want to spend. my husband has been a mechanic for 15 years and thinks that he can modify and fix the weak spots on these atv's. we do have an authorized dealer of redcat and kazuma about 50 miles from here and i think we are going to go and look and drive them first before we make up our mind

Old 11-23-2006, 10:40 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Like mustangman said if you are going to buy Chinese buy from Raceway. Even though they may be a little higher in price but it is well worth the service you will get after the sale. Trust us here if you order from someone else the money you save is not worth the aggravation. I am also a mechanic and all my machines have been great but the help from Raceway has been worth every penny. Cheap is not always good unless you have the dealer to back it up! You say you want to spend 1500. Is this each or for both? You wont get 2deceent quads for $1500.
The Jetmoto brand is the best for the money. Look at the JM 110 and 125 from Raceway.

Old 11-24-2006, 08:06 AM
Trailblazer

Even if your husband is a mechanic, he can't fix the ATV if he can't get parts for it. If you decide to use your local dealer, make sure they have been in business for at least a few years and check their parts inventory. Quiz them on what they think about these Chinese ATV's and if they have nothing but good to say about them, then that would be my first warning signal to stay away - they may only be interested in the sale. It just seems a shame to buy a new ATV for $800 and you have to modify/fix the known problem areas before your kids can ride a safe bike. Also, realize that there will be no resale value...it will be a throw away item after a year or so (if it lasts that long). Again, its your money and time but I still recommend Raceway ATV if you have to buy a Chinese ATV. I also would look at JetMoto ATV's - probably the 125cc or 150cc for your 11yr. old.

Old 11-24-2006, 09:46 AM
Weekend Warrior

Katdog......I was in the same place you are about a month ago. We decided to purchase our 3 atv's and one go-kart/buggie off of ebay from a seller with good feedback etc... We made our decision about purchasing these from the seller because the seller had good feedback, they had the units we thought we wanted, and the price fit into our budget. I too am a mechanic so I felt like I could take care of any of the problems that might come up. So, we went for it, the seller actually had a dealership not far from us and we went down to pick them up. First, if at all possible go and look at the ATV, because we were very surprised at the size of some of them even though they were 110cc and totally changed our minds on what size style we wanted just due to this. Anyway, to make a long story short, it has taken us over 1 month just to get the style and colors of the units we want. Most of these drop shippers just send whatever color and sometimes whatever style they have, I guess us being particular about the color really was hard for them to handle. We had to make what seemed like endless phone calls and several trips to get to this point, we are thankful to finally get there, but cannot imagine ever doing it again. I say all of this to tell you that we now believe that the extra money you spend with a company like RACEWAY that actually has customer support/service and parts and knows how to handle their customers (and other sellers customers) is well worth it. We may never need 4 units again, but the next one we need we will get from RACEWAY. Mustangman is right, if you can't get parts for the ATV then nobody can fix them. Well, I hope this helps....

Old 11-24-2006, 11:36 AM
Weekend Warrior

first i would like to say thanks for all your replies they have really opened my eyes and made me think about this. i do have a few questions. mustangman you said i need to look at the jetmoto 125 or 150 for my 11 year old do you think a 110 would be too big for my 7 year old she is aboul 4'1" 63lbs i want to give her some room to grow. next question for 2manytoys in your pictures your 8 year old is sitting on several different brands and they all look alike in size about how tall is he? last question for anybody if i do order from raceway do you think they can help me with the right size? thanks

Old 11-24-2006, 02:51 PM
Trailblazer

My son turned 10 in Aug. He is riding a Polaris Predator 90 - 2 stroke. This bike has plenty of power and is the perfect size. He is about 75lbs. and normal height. He feels very comfortable on this ATV. I hope he can ride it until he is around 13. I think the 110cc JetMoto would be a bit big for a 7yr. old. The 125cc should be perfect for your 11 yr. old. If I was in the market for a Chinese ATV for my son, it would be the 125cc JetMoto from RaceWay. RaceWay will help you out with the proper size for your daughter. Good Luck!

Old 11-24-2006, 06:53 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

The JM110 has a seat height of 26.5, JM125 has 28" and the JM150 is 31". The DC90 is 28". The only problem with the 110 and 125 is the semi automatic. Kids this young dont really understand the concept of shifting. Yes you can leave it in 2nd or 3rd but it will be a dog to get going. If you keep it in first it will wind out too quick. The ms125 or mini delux 100 on Raceway site is one that he is sitting on and it fits hem very well. I have had no troubles out of these quads although he does ride the dc90 alot more. We have other neighbor kids that ride the 125 and 100.I would say the ms125/ mini delux 100 for the 7yo and the JM125 or 150 for the 11yo.

My 8yo is about 52" tall.

Old 11-24-2006, 11:08 PM
Weekend Warrior

katdog,
When we were looking for a quad for our nephew for Christmas. We decided to go with used and really didn't get a bad deal on it. We got him a '85 Yamaha Badger Moto 4. He's only 7 yrs old, and he's ridden it already, but he thinks that "we borrowed from a friend" so we can see how he fits on it and now we have to adjust to his size. It's a little 80cc. We chose to go with used cause in a few years he'll be too big for.
Good luck with your search