Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

New Hensim 70cc!

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 09:15 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Hensim 70cc!

I was looking at the Kazuma's before I got the Hensim. The Hensim is basically a Kazuma with some different options and styling.

Old 12-12-2006, 10:39 AM
Trailblazer
Default New Hensim 70cc!

Originally posted by: 05HDRAM
I agree with Speedknot, a unit with a good front suspension may be a better option. I did notice that after adding the stud extenders, it is way more stable. I also agree that the carb settings are very sensitive. I don't mind tinkering, so I don't view this as a big deal.

Another possible issue may be the throttle limiter. The "limiter" is just a screw that you can adjust as to how far the throttle lever moves, and I am not so sure it will actually adjust down to 5 mph. I weigh about 170, and this little thing flies with me on it.

I can not say I am totally disappointed with this unit, it does have excellent brakes,runs very smooth, and it's quiet. I am confident that it will be good enough to see if my son really takes to riding, and if he does I will spend the money on a name brand quad. As stated earlier, it is on the smaller side, so I think he will outgrow it pretty quickly.
I just recently knocked off those small steering limiters on the steering assmby. The turning radius is much better and my son seems to be able to handle the increased turning without flipping it. I figured if there is an issue with safety, then I will weld them back on. Those wheel extenders really make a huge difference in this particular model. The original wheel base is way too narrow. I see you understand what they consider a speed limmiter. Like I said before, it limits the throttle response, not top speed. More lies. Just like the chicken and brocc. isnt dog meat. LOL! Im 205lbs and with the nut off and the screw set all the way in it still reaches close to top speed.

Old 12-12-2006, 12:39 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default New Hensim 70cc!

HA - I love that chicken and broc line. That limiter screw is pretty much useless if you do not take the nut off. I am not going to mess with the steering limiters until my son gets a good grasp on control.

Old 12-17-2006, 11:12 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default New Hensim 70cc!

Sorry my first post has to be full of questions, but since you guys own hensim 70cc maybe you can answer a few.
1. where is the oil drain plug
2. what are the two small hoses coming from the engine and just hanging there in the bottom
3. what is the clear bottle of liquid and a small hose shipped with the unit

Any help or suggestions would be great.

Old 12-17-2006, 09:57 PM
Trailblazer
Default New Hensim 70cc!

The oil drain plug is the 17mm bolt on the bottom closest to the right foot rest. One hose is the gas drain for draining the carb bowl. The other hose I believe is a vent but ill have to check. Try to trace them back. The fluid in the clear bottle is the electolyte for the battery. You have to fill each cell to the fill line shown on the battery. Do it slowly. The acid fills up kinda quick. Hope this helps.

Old 12-17-2006, 10:26 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default New Hensim 70cc!

thank you very much, the manual is very lacking in useful info.
also thanks for the tip on the ebay 3" wheel spacers they work great.

Old 12-17-2006, 11:13 PM
Trailblazer
Default New Hensim 70cc!

Be sure to read some of my other posts. I had many questions as well, that were answered here. You should find the info useful. Good luck. If you come across any useful tips, please share it.

I agree, the manual sux. Its written like a chinese guy speaking broken english. Even so, it should be more informative.

Old 12-18-2006, 05:28 PM
Trailblazer
Default New Hensim 70cc!

My two cents....

I purchased one of these Hesim atv 50/70s a few months ago. They say it is a 70 but registered as a 50...whatever. The thing is pretty damn fast...kinda scary.

I bought mine from a dealer in California...assembled for $500. The immediate thing I noticed is that the fit and finish of a $500 Chinese quad is not as good as a $2000 Japanese quad...but that's what I wanted... to pay $500. The front nose plastic (which houses the lights and ignition) is secured with bolts to the front frame (grab bar) and two bolts which go through the plastic, into brass anchors set in the fuel tank. One of these anchors was broken on mine and the screw cross threaded. I had to force it out and when I asked the dealer for a replacement, they told me the entire tank had to be replaced. They replaced it for me free of cost...so that was cool.

For the first few rides, I let my son ride it in the driveway and on the grass. The grass is a slight uphill slope, and I noticed he was going really slow (I had the throttle cranked down really low). I turned the screw to allow more throttle, and noticed he was still going pretty slow. I asked my son (6 years old mind you) if he was pushing the thumb throttle down all the way. He said in typical 6 year old fashion, "I don't know." So I told him to push it down all the way when going up the incline of the grass so I could see what it does. Again, like a typical 6 year old...he did exactly what dad said...he pushed the throttlle all the way down (I still had the throttle limited quite a bit). He crested the edge of our grass and made a hard turn to come back. But still doing what dad said, he kept the throttle down all the way. I saw it coming..and yep, he flipped it. The quad rolled (almost into my Tahoe) and he rolled too. He popped up and was obviously confused. He came up to me and said... "I think I am hurt!" I ran him through a battery of test...and told him, "You're not hurt" and laughed. He laughed and then said..."Can I go tell mom?". Oh no...."Son...let's not tell mom okay?"

Anyways, my next purchase was some wheel spacers for the rear. I bought them on Ebay for about $20 or so, bolt on to the rear and space it out 3" total. These things are entirely too fast for their wheel base and track.

I took him on his first ride in the desert (California City). I was riding next to him on my Polaris Predator. With the throttle still pretty restricted, he had that thing up to about 22 mph. The thing definitely had more juice to go, but it worried me a few times when he didn't let off the throttle and went right over a whoop. Dumb me, I forgot the remote control kill switch, which does work well.

One thing I noticed, when we got into a sandy wash, the restricted throttle didn't allow enough power for him to get out. If I unrestriced the throttle, he had a little too much juice when we were on the flats. The narrow rear tires dig in too.

Overall, I am happy with my purchase. Physically, the thing is a little small, and I know he will be too big for it soon. Not too big for the power, but too big for the overall stature of the machine. I will have to pass it on to my daughter and get him a midsized atv.

There is nothing like watching their faces when they are riding and having fun. Plus, it is a great thing to threaten to take away from them when they do not do good.

Happy Riding.

Old 12-18-2006, 07:56 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default New Hensim 70cc!

Sounds like the wheel spacers are something that should be installed. Would someone please direct me to where I can purchase these wheel spacers? Thanks!
Donny

Old 12-18-2006, 08:57 PM
Trailblazer
Default New Hensim 70cc!

These are the spacers I bought... off of ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/3-ATV...QQcmdZViewItem

There are some that are over $100, but the quad only cost $500... they aren't CNC, Billet, or Laser Cut, but they did the job. Just do an Ebay search on atv wheel spacers and you will see a lot!

Quick Reply: New Hensim 70cc!