Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Experience with Shinima?? Need a good value 150

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 01:45 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Experience with Shinima?? Need a good value 150

Raceway,
I'm honored you would read my postings[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I wanted to get you going and ready for the season. I hope you are reading my postings on service and expansion[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] SEADAWG

I know they set the bar...I give them the thumbs up and they know it. I love Raceway's spirit of growth and caring. I'm also honored they know that I can't be bought[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Keep up the great job!

Old 11-30-2006, 11:34 AM
Weekend Warrior

SB, All-
Thanks for the responses, I appreciate it.
Re: SB's quote about the Chinese building their brands here, incidentally I just made a ranting post in Other ATV Topics under "Wake up Call...." if you are interested in my theory.

Old 11-30-2006, 08:38 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally posted by: RacewayATV
Jason is a nice guy but service was not his specialty.
Thats the guy who loaded my wifes first quad(in a crate) in my pickup truck.

Old 11-30-2006, 08:57 PM
Pro Rider

SEADAWG I read all you posts! Your one of my favorites out here! I have to keep a good eye on you to make sure you are not getting into trouble! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

MWQ haaaaaaaaa... I know you did. I told you before you have the 1st Yamoto 150 ever built! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Youth ATV's Raceway ATV

Old 01-13-2007, 11:32 PM
Trailblazer

I know it's an old Topic,but I had some experience with Jason and Shinima,and I thought I would tell my experience.I had bought 3 of the 250cc Utility atv's,and two of them had to be Camo.Jason didn't have any camo left,so to make sure I didn't lose the deal,he sent out 2 camo body's along with the atv's.I transfered the body's and called him and asked about sending the plastic back,and he told me to keep it,and see if I can use it!I have ordered parts and so far so good,they were sent out ,and I recieved them ON TIME! But if you ask me this will be the test, the new Shinima 150cc atv's(and I think the 110 atv also) have 1 year FULL WARRANTY!!(except plastic,tires,battery-but that is to be expected)And from what I was told,they think they will be going to A 2 YEAR WARRANTY! (in about a year)From what I understand,most atv's(except the bombardier and artic cat i have been told)only have a 6 month warranty.I do not know if any of the other big names have a longer warranty,but 1 year on a Chinese atv is awesome!I guess only time will tell how they hold up.If anyone has a Shinima atv,please let me know their experience,I am interested. Thank You

Old 01-28-2007, 10:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

I also bought a 150 for my daughter from Jason at Shinima. Jason called me 3 times before I received the ATV to ask if I had any questions about assembly. After the third call, he gave me his cell phone number to call him when I received it. I had no problem with assembly and it fired up instantly. My cousin had bought a Yamoto a few years back and told me to be sure and LocTite all the nuts and bolts that I could get to and change the oil right away. I did those things and then after Christmas we went to a local ATV park. It was real muddy from all the rain and other than getting stuck (duh..it was REAL muddy) and the chain breaking, the ATV performed great! We rode hard that day. I called Jason about the chain and he wanted to immediately send me one, but I told him that I would get a D.I.D chain, which I did. The customer service experience so far has been GREAT! I expected that the maintenance requirements would be a bit more than the big 4, but for the money, I really like the Shinima. The chain issue is no big deal to me. I almost wish the warranty was not so long (1 year) so I could do some mods to gain a little extra power, but I will wait until the warranty is out. It carries my daughter just fine now. I will update from time to time and I hope that you will too. I really believe that Jason listens to his customers and wants to produce the best machine they can.

Old 01-28-2007, 11:07 PM
Pro Rider

Chinese Quad=Raceway. If they don't sell it...I can't give it the thumbs up regardless of how many times I'm in the penalty box[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Bottom line, results talk, BS walks! Raceway walks the walk!

Old 01-29-2007, 12:17 AM
Trailblazer

Seadawg,
I must speak up,but I will do it tackfully so that I do not offend.Everyone who reads,and follows these posts know that you want John to have you be the next test rider,and write reviews on the atv's.And I agree,I have spoken to John at Raceway,and he is very helpfull,and stand's behind the atv's that he sells,which with all the other horror stories that you read on these posts,IT'S AWESOME!But come on,someone just commented that they had a good experience with another company.I never delt with Jason when he owned Yamoto,so I can not say what the service was,maybe it was hard to get parts and service,but maybe it became to big to fast,I don't know.All I can say is if he is taking another shot at it,and trying to take care of his customers-GREAT.There are a heck of alot of people in the U.S.and one atv company can not handle that load.Why not just cut to the chase,and ask John if you can test ride the new atv's,and write reviews on them,what's the worst thing he can say,NO? I was always taught to ask for what you want,the worst thing anyone can answer is "NO" Any other opinion's,Please???

Old 01-29-2007, 12:45 AM
Pro Rider

Dear Jimi,
No worries on offending....I'm the last person that will judge that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I just want you to know that I could care less if Raceway exist tomorrow, nor am I in their pocket. It is obvious that you know more than I do about the test riding than I do...who have you been talking to? I want everyone to know that I can't be bought...period. I'm a stand up guy that has made my own way in life. Although it looks like I'm in bed with Raceway, I'm not. Find one thing they have given me? Find one time that I have lied about them. I have eaten more crap supporting them than I have anything...I take many hits for my support of them. I'm targeting that new person that wants to get into or get back to ATVs...that felt mislead by creative advertisers. If you read my postings, I have been hard on the Chinese...all. I have never put Raceway above the Japs...read. I do appreciate your postings and don't take it hard in any way. I would believe the same thing. Just know that if it is JUNK, I will say so regardless of the circumstance. I have a lot of toys, less than many, but have little time to enjoy them all. I enlisted in the Navy 23.6 years ago as a young enlisted man....now I'm an officer that worked my way through the ranks...and not by being a yes man! So, I respect your opinion, but have labored for a long time on whether to give Raceway a thumbs up...and I still do. But, to think that I will not turn and throw the BS flag...you're discounting old SEADAWG. I'm not the only hard a___ giving them a thumbs up. MWQ, SMB05, Bill2009...and we are hard to please[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Keep up the great job. SEADAWG

Old 01-29-2007, 12:59 AM
Trailblazer

Seadawg,
I never said you were in anyones pocket,nor did I say that anyones boughten you,But give credit when credit's due.A couple of us had a good experience with a company that sells Chinese kids atv's,And isn't that what this whole atv forum about,to tell each other about good and bad experiences that we have had buying,riding,and servicing atv's? Thank's Jimi

Quick Reply: Experience with Shinima?? Need a good value 150