Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Experience with Shinima?? Need a good value 150

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 06:15 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Experience with Shinima?? Need a good value 150

Does anyone have any experience with a Shinima (150)? Its made in China, so I'm cautious after having a bad experience with a Baja (don't ever buy one!). I want a 150 for my kids, but I can't bring myself to pay ~$1,200 for a 5 year old Polaris 90 or $3,000 for a new Yamaha 125 or the equivalent from the big 4 manufacturers. And I've heard great things about Eton, but they're almost as expensive as the big 4. Someone told me that the new Shinima 150 TrailWinder was a great buy, good quality, but I have not been able to find anything on it.

Or, if you have any other thoughts on where to find (which brand?) a great value for a 150 that isn't going to have reliability problems, it would be much appreciated!!

Old 11-29-2006, 07:22 PM
Pro Rider

jet moto.... redcat.... kazuma.. and buy from raceway if your buying off the net. and with any chinese quad you can have issues. look at racewayatv.com

Old 11-29-2006, 07:24 PM
Pro Rider

check out the dc 90, great quad, finally seen one in person, good quality and fast.

Old 11-29-2006, 08:31 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Welcome to the forum IceBurg! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I have never even heard of a Shinima before. I would only buy one if your very good with a wrench. If not go with hoytultratec's advice.

Old 11-29-2006, 09:31 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

IceBurg,

I say go for it. Shinima (Yanoto 150) claims to be the old Yamoto owners. They are going by Shinima now since they sold the Yamoto name. Most of the 150's are going to be the same, except for some small changes that each US company has built into their quad. So when someone tells you to purchase say a Motomojo 150 you are purchasing a distant cousin to the Jackel or BMS. If anyone has doubts on what I am saying, take a look at the new Carb Certs. Jackel,BMS, Shinima and a whole truck load of new 150's are coming out of the same factory.

Shinima About us.

Loncin 90,110,125,150, Carb Cert. for California

Here is the Redcat Carb Cert and the factory who makes it. Redcat 150

If anyone is interested in the Patriot Line (Yamoto) ATV. Patriot has gone one step above the rest of these companies that are selling off road products. Patriot has taken the time and put forth the effort to have their entire off road product line tested and certified in their name. They are not relying on their Chinese factory to do the Certification for them. To me this shows a company that takes pride in their product and believes in it. Just like Honda or Yamaha.

Patriot ATV Yamoto 150

All the new models look promising but you will never know until you purchase one.

Good Luck.

SB.

Old 11-29-2006, 09:59 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Great research smb05! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-29-2006, 10:11 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: mywifesquad
Great research smb05! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Thanks [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

SB.

Old 11-30-2006, 12:20 AM
Pro Rider

Great job...if what you're saying is true and I have no doubt, Raceway may have some competition? Who are their main dealers. Great post and great education with indepth research. SEADAWG

Old 11-30-2006, 01:20 AM
Pro Rider

As far as who is importing what is always a good guess! We all know just about anyone with the right money can go to any of these factories and buy anything. The difference with our company and always will be is parts and support. And the key difference with Jetmoto is change! 10 of these guys can go buy the same products from the same factory, but all 10 will have the same problem with each bike. 99% of the time they do not even try to get the factory to fix the problem because they really don't care about the problem! Now this is were Raceway and Jetmoto are much different.

P.S I am not sure if you were around here during the Yamoto days Seadawg?? But if you were you would know that Yamoto would not be any competition! Jason is a nice guy but service was not his specialty.

Youth ATV Raceway ATV

Old 11-30-2006, 01:36 AM
Pro Rider

SEADAWG,

Raceway actually set the customer service standard for other dealers to try and follow.

It is going to be up to the U.S distributors to make sure their Chinese manufacturers build better and more reliable products. However, with each new improvement and when better products are used, the price of the Chinese quads/bikes will start to increase. Eventually they may price themselves out of the market so that people will not be as willing to purchase the Chinese brand versus the "big name" brand.

SB

Quick Reply: Experience with Shinima?? Need a good value 150