Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Is there a good Chineese ATV?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 09:18 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is there a good Chineese ATV?

Oh and by the way, please keep riding without a helmet, I rely on natural selection. It weeds out the stupid people. Nuff said on that note

Old 12-07-2006, 10:12 AM
Trailblazer

Wow, I step away from the computer for a few hours and this thread turns into a death rant. I was thinking about what was said in this forum and I have come to the conclusion that you might get lucky with a chinese quad given that half of these things out of the box has issues. Maybe 4 out of 10 might be good. I dont know, you be the judge. While better known name brand units, you might get 8 or 9 out of 10 units that are good.
Being that there isnt much of a selection of used name brand quads where I live, old broke a** has to settle for a knock off kawasaki and take his chances. Back to the wrench. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-07-2006, 11:15 AM
Pro Rider

Gentlemen,
Please take a minute and relax and breath. Now, this stuff can get emotional and very personal. But, hey, we rate quads/bikes, not berate the postings. I'm not taking side, nobody takes the beating I do. Please put down the swords, step back and rate your experience. Love is in the air and remember ...tis the season, even Bill has to love me this time a year. I don't want anyone to die...remember this saying. "Love many, ....Trust few and Paddle your own canoe in life."
SEADAWG

Old 12-07-2006, 11:55 AM
Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-07-2006, 12:36 PM
Trailblazer

I too thought that all Chinese ATV's can't be that bad and took the risk with a SunL SLA-110KLB which was a newer model. I even posted some good things about this bike during the first 3 months of ownership. It did have it's fair share of minor problems but nothing that I could not adjust or fix myself. But after 3 months is when all the "real" problems started to happen and I needed a few parts. Was told by my local dealer that he could get them and after a few weeks he did come through with the parts but by then it was too late as the motor took a crap! (Ring problem-oil spitting out breather tube and bubbles in oil) I have since researched other Chinese ATV's but finally decided to go with a 2006 Polaris Predator 90. I am so glad that I did - much better built/quality ATV and much safer for my son to ride. I know it cost alot more but I know that the resale value will be there when it is time to sell.

Old 12-07-2006, 01:25 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: ajd187

Another thing for the OP...posts like this are usually written by dealers of the China-junk quads.

Save yourself a lot of aggrevation and child disappointment, and buy a used Japanese quad instead.
I love these people that automaticly assume because I make a comment that is true in every sense of the word, that I must be a "china-junk dealer". Befor you make a post about someone, know what the f&^% you are talking about first. I am NOT a dealer. I AM A TRUCK DRIVER! You know, those big 18 wheeled trucks going down the road that brought everything you have, you are about to get, and own, to you!! How else would my 2004 Volvo 780 have 452000 miles on it? Just because you used the word ussually, it doesnt protect you from your acusations.

If I was a dealer, would I be saying no-name? No I would be using words like SunL, ETON, RedCat, etc. I mention no names cause there are only 5 brands of ATV's I endorse, because I have ridden them, and can rate them by using practical real world experience. However, you cant. You just assume ALL china built quads are junk because of 1? maybe 2? bad experiences that you have PERSONALLY had. I dont give my opinions of the manufactures I like because I am tired of people like you that have NO EXPERIENCE with them, giving their opinion like its fact. Its not fact, its not even an opinion unless you have real world experience with them. Get real...

I dont mind SEADAWG using the dealer card because I know he is/was joking.

Sorry for the Hi-Jack, or whatever it is. Tired of people bad mouthing something they know nothing about, and it turns people away from the forum, and does nothing for the community here.

Old 12-07-2006, 02:49 PM
Trailblazer

Where can I get me some of them bullsh*t filters?
They would come in downright handy.

-d3

Old 12-07-2006, 04:33 PM
Pro Rider

You should be able to get them at any optical center. Or try Wal-Mart, they usually have everything anyway.

Old 12-07-2006, 07:09 PM
Pro Rider

I apologize squeege, I do not wish you harm by not riding with a helmet. We've all done it at some point or another. I don't wish harm on any of us, we are all fighting for the same goal. Places to ride and consumer rights. So again, I apologize for making the helmet comment...my bad.

Old 12-07-2006, 07:55 PM
Pro Rider

LaPurr,
Don't let us guys get your goat...sometimes we just stir the pot. I want to clarify why I mainly monitor this...I do my Honda and Kawasaki threads too. You state just because you have a bad experience with one or two...that is where I come in on this thread. Here is my issue. Although the good Lord has blessed me with a good income, 15 years ago I didn't have a pot to pis___ in or spare change. The two that I bought had major issues, I just sold one for a major loss and work with the other one. In saying that, I'm here for the family that it will really hurt...the ones that bank it all on that bad quad. The ones that can't afford to lose the $1200-1500 I did. Please know I'm not bashing you, but if somebody tries to BS on this sight, I'm all over it with only my opinion. I'm/we are happy you have had good luck. There are good ones out there. Keep up the posting and don't let them get your goat. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] SEADAWG

Quick Reply: Is there a good Chineese ATV?