Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Is there a good Chineese ATV?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 08:03 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is there a good Chineese ATV?

You know,

I've read how people bashed the hell out of Honda back in the 60's when they started importing their little bike into the US market. It was call the 305 dream. But hell look at them now the dream is a highly sought after collectors bike. Some of you bash these CHINA JUNK Quads, but hell I'll bet more than half the crap in your houses say MADE IN CHINE, OR MADE IN TAIWAN. Think about that next time you are having a cup of coffee. Everytime you start your vehicle there are many parts in there that are (MADE IN CHINA) making sure that you are going to get to work. Yeah there are some that are probably junk, but I think the Yamoto, Kazuma/Redcat, and E Tons are great. Heck people race the E Ton 90's. Any way this is just my opinion.

Old 12-07-2006, 08:05 PM
Pro Rider

That depends though. If your goat would do a good job keeping the grass down in the spring/summer, I might steal your goat.

Old 12-07-2006, 09:24 PM
Pro Rider

A point I may add. ..you are right about the cheap Japanese junk in the early sixties...before quality control. However, the Japs after WWII were destroyed and we, with our European friends paid to rebuild them. In turn, they had to respect copy right laws and patent things on there own with our help. In saying that, I've been over there...the Chinese care less about any copy right laws, respect no boundries and will sell anything to anyone with money...weapons included. So, when it come to these, I surpriesed that they just didn't copy the Japs. They are getting better and it is forums like this that makes them strive to do better. When Raceway or another company drops a model....it is because they don't meet quality standards and they don't want their customers upset all the time. Just my nickel's worth[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] SEADAWG

Hey, you a dealer............................................ ......[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-10-2006, 06:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

I can't tell you which china made quad you should buy for kids that age but what I can tell you is, not all China made ATV's are bad. Before you buy any model try to get as much information and opinions of others who actually own the model you are interested in. Then decide, don't base your decision on these guys who own and promote brand name machines.

When you do make a decision be sure to buy from a dealer who stocks replacement parts. Remember too, no matter which quad you buy, even a brand name quad, you will need to tighten bolts, grease joints, change oil and other routine maintenance. But I hear ya, you sure can save some big bucks buying a machine from China.