Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

opinions on redcat mpx 90 sgt

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 10:27 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default opinions on redcat mpx 90 sgt

What are people's experience with redcat mpx 90 sgt, are they reliable quads? How would this compare to a trx 90, z90, predator 90, kfx 90 or raptor 80 other then being a fraction of the cost.

also does anyone have any experience with either of the two internet retailers?

http://www.usaatvs.com
http://www.autofanatix.com

thanks for your input?

Old 12-06-2006, 10:44 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

If tyou are going to buy off brand stick with Raceway atv. You WILL NOT get better service then them. As for Redcat they are the better of the chinese quads. They have been around a while and parts are easy to come buy. As for being as reliable as the name brands umm no! You have to keep on top of them, set them up right from the start, and they are not quads that you can beat and leave alone. BUT they can be reliable if you do the right things. If you want name brand quality at low prices then check out the Unison DC90. You cant get any better for the price and quality. Very reliable, lots of power and parts are easy to get. They are made from the same company as the Polaris Pred90. So go to Raceway and check them out. If you dont want to spend that much he has other quads to choose from that will do fine.

Old 12-06-2006, 11:06 PM
Trailblazer

I would go with raceway if they offered this quad but unfortunatley they don't. Also, I would go with the DC 90 but since it is a 2 stoke it gets a red sticker here in CA and I don't want to limit my riding months.

Old 12-06-2006, 11:15 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Why the redcat mpx90?

Old 12-06-2006, 11:32 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

work2play,

How old and what is the size of the child that is going to riding the quad?

Another quad to look at is the Kymco 90.

If you are looking for Chinese quads with green stickers the BMS 90, Redcat MPX90, Kazuma 2007 Mini Falcon 90, the Falcon 110, Baby Falcon 110, Falcon MK II 110, and the Viper 110 are green sticker. I think Jetmoto is releasing their smaller quads sometime next year. There are others also but you will have to give me some time to look them all up.

SB.

Old 12-06-2006, 11:59 PM
Pro Rider

Sir,
We are warning you, that if Raceway doesn't carry it, there may be a reason. They probably have done reliablity research on them or they are researching them. We are worried about support after the purchase...we don't work for Raceway (still hope the manage growth...sorry, had to throw it in), just worried about you buying from many of these fly by nights that are here and gone. SEADAWG

Old 12-07-2006, 01:31 AM
Trailblazer

I have considered the the kymco 90 but I cannot find a dealer in my area nor can I find a internet retailer. This really concerns me in regards to support of getting parts in the future. My son is 6 and is 50" tall. He has been ridding a kazuma 50 and a friends raptor 80.

Old 12-07-2006, 01:38 AM
Trailblazer

Why the redcat mpx90?

I liked that fact that it has a rear disk brake with both a hand and foot brake. It also is wider then many of the other 90cc Chinese quads which should make it more stable.

I did just see a picture of the rear axle and it seems a little small, if other components follow suit to this I may need to reconsider.

Old 12-07-2006, 02:08 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

work2play,

There is a Kymco dealer in Chatsworth.

Here you go : Link

If your looking at the MPX I would also suggest the new model BMS, the swing arm is a completely new design. You may like that one over the MPX. It also has the foot brake your looking for. Here is the link for some pics to view. Link Click on the 90 and go to the photo gallery.

Pick up a Cycle Trader at your liquor store, there are a lot of deals to be found in the magazine. There is a new edition every Thursday. I would not be to worried about getting parts when needed. There are many places and dealers to get parts from.

Good Luck.
SB.

Old 12-07-2006, 03:04 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks for the info. I have spoke to that dealer in Chatsworth but they seemed reluctant to sell me a kymco, they were really pushing me on some other off brands. I guess I should just go down there and see what they have.

Quick Reply: opinions on redcat mpx 90 sgt