Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

LT80 clutch and wheels

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 05:31 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT80 clutch and wheels

I am looking to get a wheel kit for my daughters LT80 and need some help finding them. I can not seem to find a place that has them for a reasonable price or shipping. I really prefer not to get the standard carlise kit and am probably just looking at douglas wheels. Anybody have any ideas on some good places to get a kit from. Now for the clutch, LT80 is there any way you could PM me the directions for the clutch work. I have 4 new rollers, I just want to make sure I do not mess anything up. Thanks for all the help.

Old 12-08-2006, 12:17 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

Hi,
remove the plastic from footpegs. remove the 4 bolts on footpegs. Pull footpegs up and out of the way (they'tr never out of the way~~wiggle whatever whenever). Stand on right side (lean machine). Remove left rear wheel.
remove skid plate. remove the bolts (5mm allen and 8mm) around the cover and the bolt at the 3 O'clock position on the lil cover.
The cover will hammer off now. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
remove the lil black piece on the crank. (this drives the oil pump. this is where you forget the black piece and start running premix...or not)..Using an impact wrench, take off the front clutch nut/washer. remove outer face. remove big washer/spacer. remove the inner bushing/spacer that the belt is now riding on. squeeze the belt together to allow the belt to slip over the crank. remove the clutch hub,then cover and roller plate. you'll see the rollers.
Remove opposing rollers (2).(or replace)..clean all the grease/dirt out of hub. use a DAB of grease on each roller. this hold the roller in durring inst. (zuki don't use grease like that anymore either).. slide the clutch on grasping it like fingers thru the hole on a doghnut. make 100% sdure the keyway is lighned up, put bushing back in, belt,washer,face,washer/nut
Viola. LOL
I also recommend cutting the footpegs in 1/2 so that you can pull the one side right off, you'll see why!!!!
make a pipe/rod/etc to slide inside the tube to re-join the pegs for strength. (I make a nice alum piece.)
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Happy holidays,
Jack

Old 12-08-2006, 01:11 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Recreationaltire.com for your wheels and tires..... You will see a picture of my sons LT80 under the customers bikes link.

Old 12-08-2006, 07:09 PM
Range Rover

Thanks LT80 and Hymis for all the help. I had already cut the footpegs in half and had a rod welded in to help when reinstalling them. I did this when I had to replace the starter(what a pain in the a@@). I also have removed the oil injector as I had little faith in it since I bought this LT used. Soon after buying it I had to bore and replace the piston, put a wiseco in it and had a little trouble with it when I got it back together, but we got that worked out . Oh, also had the head milled in our machine shop at work(work at Air National Guard fulltime). Now I am just waiting for some new wheels and tires for it and replace the battery. I also need to rebuild the carb as it has been sitting for a while and will not start right now. It also has the pull starter installed but that darn thing does not catch everytime. It looks like some of the teeth are chewed up on it so I need to look at that also. Once and thanks for the help.

Old 12-12-2006, 06:36 AM
Range Rover

Wel, I got the clutch all apart and back together. What a pain to get the case cover off. I thought I was missing a bolt, but it was just jammed on there. I replaced the rollers and left two of them out and I also replaced the plate because it hd a bit of wear on it. I am guessing that some one had been in there before as it was not packed with grease like everyone has said their's was. I also pulled the carb apart and cleaned it real good. It had a lot of wwater in the carb which is shocking to me as I use good gas and oil. I guess I need to flush the tank to. Once again thanks for all the help so far.