Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

400EX Clone best quality Chineese ATV Yet. KOMOTO

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 07:23 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 400EX Clone best quality Chineese ATV Yet. KOMOTO

Hey fella's,

I'm going to purchase one of these ATV's. Nope not for the wife, not for the kids, but for me. Yep I'm gonna ride the ***** off it. I want a good trail bike and this one looks like its great quality. The swing arm looks beefy as do the front suspension. Take the Komoto off and every one will swear you are on a Honda lol. Check it out!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-B...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 12-07-2006, 07:25 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts

Maybe it's just me, but if you're gonna clone a 400, put a 400 motor in it. Looks like they have room for it in the frame.

Not bashing the ride, just some outloud thinking.

Enjoy the ride. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-07-2006, 07:37 PM
Pro Rider

Sir,
It looks like you did the research and you're ready. Please ride the hell out of it and let us know how it holds up, how the warranty works and service after the sale. It looks like one hell of a quad...do you know anyone that has it? I'm always scared of first year models. Looks nice. I wonder if RACEWAY did any research on these?
SEADAWG

Old 12-07-2006, 08:09 PM
Trailblazer

No,

I don't personally know anyone who has this model but I do know someone who has the 200 Komoto, which is a little smaller, and it is going strong after a year. He doesn't take it off of huge jumps or nothing, but whoops and stuff like that, its tackled them with no prob.

Yeah I am little scared, so I'm taking a leap of faith with this new one. But it is the biggest sport quad offered. So I might actually look decent on it. I have looked at I bet every china quad out there. But this one seems to have some quality components on it. But I will keep you guys posted on how it goes. And if it turns out bad, I'll take the hit LOL.

Take Care, Shawn

Old 12-07-2006, 08:40 PM
Pro Rider

Smoke,

I have to admit that is one sharp ride. It may just be the picture, but the tubing for the frame looks a little thin. It might just be me. But either way, punish it, and let's see what happens. It looks like it has a lot of great features to it, not to much it looks fast sitting still! Good luck, man.

Old 12-07-2006, 09:07 PM
Trailblazer

good point let me stare at the pics again (for the millionth time) thanks for pointing that out.

Old 12-07-2006, 09:17 PM
Pro Rider

Stud,
Sounds like you are ready and to take a leap. Just keep us posted, you sound like a serious rider, if it can handle you...get the information out there. Like I said, if it is as good as it looks, it is one sweet buy. Good luck. SEADAWG

Old 12-07-2006, 10:09 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Well I dont think it looks at all like a 400ex and its only a 250. Redcat makes bigger quads then this 250 and the quality may even be better. You can wait just another month or so and check out the new JetMoto 250's. It does look pretty cool though. If you do buy keep us up on it. Good luck!

Old 12-07-2006, 10:14 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts

Welcome to the forum smokerider29483! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

It does look nice. Id take a look at the shocks closely too. It doesnt look like there is much room for travel on either end. I cant see all of the rear shock, but the front shocks look limited.

Old 12-07-2006, 11:50 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

smokerider29483,

The quad does look pretty cool and I hope it works out for you. I have to agree with godIlove2ride on the frame tubing. There doesn't seem to be any gussets welded to the frame to help reinforce week spots in the frame. I guess the best thing to do is to take it out and see what kind of abuse it can handle. Keep us posted.

Good Luck with your new quad.

SB.

Quick Reply: 400EX Clone best quality Chineese ATV Yet. KOMOTO