Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

The wifes Marchin HB150 Auto arrived today *UPDATE FIRST RIDE REPORT*

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 06:33 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The wifes Marchin HB150 Auto arrived today

I picked it up off the dock at lunch time and hauled it to work and assembled it. looked over the quad for about 30 minutes before assembling it. I found a few plastic brackets loose but thats it. The plastic looks good and fits great. The bike came with hand gaurds and a rear rack. It is a 150cc automatic. The engine looks just like the engines on the ETons, it has a plastic shroud around the head and its ducted to a fan off the right side of the engine. So essentially it is forced air cooled. The only thing that looks like I might have a problem with, is the reverse handle looks like cheap pot metal, but I have a few ideas on what I will do to fix that. The bike is chain driven but has a gear box on the rear axel for the reverse. After the minor assembly that is required I checked the oil, put gas in, filled the battery and installed it, turned the key and it fired right up. It is a quite little thing thats for sure. So I let it idle for a few minutes and got on and rode it around the aircraft hangar. I have to admit I like the quad and it is plenty fast enough and handles great for what she will use it for.

I will let you guys know how it turns out after its ridden a little while.

Here is the link to the bike, except hers it red.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/150-A...QQcmdZViewItem

price paid: $1000.00 shipped
gas to the dock: $5.00
The smile on her face christmas morning: Priceless

Old 12-08-2006, 08:11 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Sound's great smokerider29483! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I would suggest you change the oil asap.

Old 12-08-2006, 09:24 PM
Pro Rider

Don't forget the NGK. Can't wait to hear your first ride review on this. Good luck!

Old 12-18-2006, 10:05 PM
Trailblazer
Default The wifes Marchin HB150 Auto arrived today *UPDATE FIRST RIDE REPORT*

OK, Keep in mind that this bike has the exact same 150cc engine as the Yamoto and many others.

Last night I gave the new Marchin 150 (named Marvin) a fresh dose of Castrol 20W50 and a new NGK spark plug. This morning we headed out to Francis Marion National forest, this place has 40 miles of OHV trails ranging from easy to hard. We started the day at 8:30 this morning at the trail head and loaded up at 4 pm. My wife started out on it and we went a slow 15 mph pace through the forest for 6 miles. There was lots of Whoops, banked turns and burms. I was behind her on my buddies SHEE. I kept noticing that she was always up on the left bank of the trail and she was having a hard time keeping it in the ruts, then oh no, it went left up on the bank and flipped on her, luckily she bailed out. She flipped it back over on her own by the time I got there, and hopped right back on it. Nothing broke or dented. So following her on the way back I found the left front tire had a bad toe out and this was the cause of her troubles. So I fixed that back at the truck and lined the front end up by eye. It was loose jam nuts on the tie rod. I also noticed the chain loosened waaay up! So I also tightened that back up. So we went back out for a few more of the 5 mile loops and no noticeable problems. So after lunch it was still running and driving good. So I said honey I want to ride your quad for a loop. Now keep in mind I am 5' 11" and weigh 220lbs. So I took it on the 11 mile advanced loop, this trail is pretty good, lots of big whoops and banked turns, etc. I ran the crap out of it the whole loop and it did great pulling my big butt around, it even slung some dirt in the banked turns. After that I put in in the sand pit soup bowl and did about 10 circles. The Quad did great never hicupped or anything. The only thing I will say the shocks are not that great not much travel, thats really my only complaint. The little thing got great gas mileage today also. A Tank and a half. I filled the Banshee up 3 times.

If the Chinese companies would invest in WAY BETTER shocks, they would have themselves a great machine.

So would I buy another one, Sure, but they need to address the suspension some more.

Old 12-18-2006, 10:44 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: smokerider29483
I picked it up off the dock at lunch time and hauled it to work and assembled it. looked over the quad for about 30 minutes before assembling it.

Marshin's are very high quality and one of the few mainland Chinese manufactured quads I would consider buying. The other is the Jackel.
You did good if you got it for a grand.

Old 12-19-2006, 12:39 AM
Pro Rider

Great post and informative. Keep us updated, I would like to know how it does by summer time. If it hangs with you, this maybe a good quad! SEADAWG

Old 12-19-2006, 09:07 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Thanks for the review smokerider29483. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Suspension is probubly one of the biggest complaints involving Chinese quads. Most are very harsh stock. Wheel spacers will soften up the front. The wider you go, the softer it will get. carlw just posted a really neat way to make spacers.

Old 12-20-2006, 11:03 PM
Trailblazer

smokerider
What part of Francis Marion do you ride ....I hunt just north of the national forest in Georgetown county we have a 8700 acre plantation ...what are the trails like....do you have to have a game management permit to ride there...

congratulations on your new bike !

Archeric

Old 12-21-2006, 10:37 PM
Trailblazer

We ride at Wambaw. The trails are great, on the intermediate and advance trails there is lots of whoops, banked turns, burms. Wambaw has 40 miles of trails, there are also some places to open it up a bit. We have a great time out there. No you don't need a game management license, you just pay your 5 dollars at the parking area. They have restrooms and picnic tables out there. There is a sign off of hwy 17 that points you to Wambaw cycle trails.

Old 12-21-2006, 10:57 PM
Trailblazer

smokerider

Thanks, I might try it someday

Archery

Quick Reply: The wifes Marchin HB150 Auto arrived today *UPDATE FIRST RIDE REPORT*